Who enjoys Warne's football poll?

RoyMac5

Who enjoys Warne's football?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Currently after 7 games:

xG for from open play: 12th in the league with 5.62.
xG for from set pieces: 8th in the league with 2.51.
xG against from open play: 7th most conceded with 6.61.
xG against from set pieces: 7th most conceded with 2.52.

Some other stats:
4 build up attacks (The number of open play sequences that contains 10 or more passes and either ends in a shot or has at least one touch in the box) which is the 3rd worst. 
9 direct attacks (The number of open play sequences that starts just inside the team's own half and has at least 50% of movement towards the opposition's goal and ends in a shot or a touch in the opposition box.) which is 12th.

We barely have any control on the pitch:
image.png.893918915f332c7c2ed15a584ee5b4ae.png

Just a hypothesis to check I'm interpreting correctly.

Our total xG scored is 8.13 (sum of 5.62 and 2.51)

We've actually scored 12.

Our total xG against is 9.13

We've actually conceded 9

So we have actually done better than our performances suggest, which is probably all down to the freak 20mins at Peterborough.

Interesting and yet totally depressing......

14 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Perhaps what worries me more is the often re=posted tweet from that Rotherham fan who asks if we are getting loads of injuries during training. And while we have had 2 or 3 bd injuries during actual matches, the number of players who have apparently been injured walking from their car to the changing rooms on the first day of training is worrying. Add in how the players all seem absolutely knackered only partway through the first half makes me wonder if they are being overtrained? And that completely ignores the headless chicken style of play.

"Perplexed" would seem an appropriate description of how the fans are feeling right now. It can mean "confused" or "no solution to the problem" or "feeling of no way out".

Reminds me of Michael Johnsons comments on Jewell.  " We knew after 10 games we were unlikely to stay up but he started doing double training sessions which meant we weren't good enough but the team also had nothing in the tank on match days to remain competitive."  

The amount of injuries is ridiculous.  The only unfortunate ones were Wards and Rooneys.  The rest are all attributable to his gassing out bollox.

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Reminds me of Michael Johnsons comments on Jewell.  " We knew after 10 games we were unlikely to stay up but he started doing double training sessions which meant we weren't good enough but the team also had nothing in the tank on match days to remain competitive."  

The amount of injuries is ridiculous.  The only unfortunate ones were Wards and Rooneys.  The rest are all attributable to his gassing out bollox.

I hadn't heard that comment before, I wonder what is said in this squad's WhatsApp group?!

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So we have actually done better than our performances suggest, which is probably all down to the freak 20mins at Peterborough.

Pretty much, we've scored more than we should. We only had 1.35xG against Peterborough but scored 4 goals because of poor goalkeeping. In terms of goals conceded, we've conceded as many as we should have.

Although I didn't include the penalties in my xG stats.

12 hours ago, S8TY said:

After the Charlton away game last season where we should've won and somehow lost I went to work on the sunday and my work colleague whos a Charlton STH showed me the text he'd sent his mate who couldn't go.

His mate asked how the game was going and my work colleague's reply was," we are being torn a new one here and they will be the best team we'll face this season "

we lost 0-1 but what was evident was our passing and movement and switching of play was very good but we missed chances and that went on for a few games more but, I still firmly believe in time we would've clicked and possibly gone up , also I think Rosenior would've brought in some new recruits in the jan window to give us a boost.

Rosenior has gone and its really not worth comparing PW and LR but i really do think PW was brought in purely on his record in this division and no more, it certainly wasn't a continuation of what LR had started 

I spoke to a chap who was part of the assessment team when Rosenior was doing his coaching badges and I said to him I really wasn't sure on Liam even when he was helping Rooney, ( he was assistant at the time ) yet what he told me shocked me a bit , he said that Liam was one of the brightest most inivative young coaches he'd come across and said he really hoped he had a succesful career whether as a coach or a manager also said he would in his opinion go onto be a good manager 

He's gone and is history now but lets please get a manager in who's going to get us playing actual football not the dross we are currently witnessing, I really do think Mr Clowes as a fan will not be too happy either with what hes seeing as hes a fan as well lets not forget

I genuinely see Rosenoir being asked by Pep to become one of his assistants in the near future.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know that. Warne wasn't impressed with our performance either, you want to tell him we won? Although I think he knows.

Roy I know that nobody’s really impressed with the way we’re playing at the moment & also PW isn’t either but sometimes you’ve got to win ugly and a wins a win. I don’t know either way if PW going to leadus to the promised land but after the last 2 seasons I’m just happy that on a Saturday night I’ve got something to smile about. Have a good evening and UPR