Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

Just got home. I thought the first half was pretty even and Morecambe played well enough, but the timing of the goals was crucial. We just blew them away second half. Very, very impressive.

Didzy, Dobs and Knight were outstanding and I was so pleased for Collins to get his goal. White looked very neat and tidy when he came on as well.

This really does feel special and these players must be enjoying it. Quite a few could have joined Championship teams, but I bet they’re delighted they’re at Derby.

Yep you’ve guessed it ,, I couldn’t go today??‍♂️,,, 

There’s no words to tell you how much I’m loving Paul warne and David clowes for having the judgement and spuds to appoint him,

will we get into the top two ? It is deffo not beyond this team ,manager and owner ,something a bit special is happening at our club and as well as being good to watch we now are no soft touch for any team that tries to rough us up , press us and out work us 

commmmmmmme onnnn 

Thoughts/ramblings for that one.

Well worth the drive up from West Cornwall, first live home game since Plymouth for me.

First half wasn’t great, we didn’t play badly but Morecambe frustrated us massively, looked like a good, organised side. We had most of the ball, didn’t do much of note with it and the opposition didn’t look like a side in the relegation zone.

A goal before half-time was vital and it completely changed the complexion of the game. I think we might have altered shape at HT if it wasn’t for that.

Second half, what can you say? Complete domination, we cut through them without even trying. I think their number of touches in our half didn’t even reach double figures.

McGoldrick is the best player in this league. In a positive way, he doesn’t even try. Everything he does is just effortless. Classy touch to give the second penalty to Collins.

Jason Knight’s goal was wonderful. He’s a different player when pushed 15 yards up the pitch. Him and Hourihane doesn’t really work as a midfield two.

Dobbin excellent, he glides with the ball and deserved a goal.

Very unfortunate for Harvey White who looked really promising, I’ve always said Korey Smith is a good defender, what a block!

Nobody played badly. Wildsmith was the shakiest he’s been since being here but he was able to get the deckchair out in the second half.

A pretty perfect afternoon. The gap’s getting smaller… kinda.

54 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

What do you say other than it was an absolutely fabulous performance with everyone contributing. Could have been double figures, but their keeper made some very good saves.

Standouts we’re McG (obviously), Knight and Dobbin, everyone else a 7 out of 10 or even better. The work rate when 5 up was so impressive 

Glad Collins got a goal, should do his confidence good.

I thought one or two players barely contributed today. Hardly warranted picking up their pay packet 

Wildsmith for one

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Anyway... Big win today.  I feel it in my water.  In fact, now is a good time for me to head over to the prediction thread.  ?

Well, on paper, I was right!
Bigger than I dared predict though, coward me!

...And not as big as it could/should have been been!
I know we football fans are susceptable to exaggeration, but 7/8 wouldn'y have flattered us, and even double figures wouldn't have needed too much of a stretch.
We annhialated 'em.  And I thoroughly enjoyed every minute... including staying back to applaud them all off.  Thoroughly deserved.

Onwards.  Upwards.  And At 'em!  ? 

First half we wasnt great, got in a few times but the final ball let us down. We got their left back booked but then didnt go anywhere near him for the rest of the 1st half. McGoldrick actually looked quite rusty at first but the goal seemed to get him back into his stride.

I dont think the goal will have changed Warnes message at half time. He clearly asked them to play with more energy & pace, something he confirmed im his post match interview. I dont think ive seen a Derby team literally run all over a team like we did 2nd half today.

Could have quite easily been 8 or 9, their GK made a few decent saves, White was unlucky on 2 occasions & Dobbin fully deserved to get a goal.

A nice touch by Collins to give McGoldrick the pen for the hattrick, then for the favour to be returned. Hopefully that goal gives Collins some confidence going into the back end of the season.

8 points off top 2 with a favourable & very winnable game in hand. Rightly or wrongly I look at it as 5 points behind, very achievable to close that gap.

Cmon You Rams!!

Edited by DCFC1388

54 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We win at Wycombe next weekend and Plymouth lose to Portsmouth, automatic promotion is in our own hands. 

COYR.

Bit premature?

Currently 8 pts behind.
If your scenario happens, we'll be 5 pts behind... with a game in hand.
Win that, we'll be 2pts behind.

I make that still in Plymouths hands?  ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Bit premature?

Currently 8 pts behind.

We'll still have Plymouth to play. So it would be in our own hands.

Edited by Rammy03

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Bit premature?

Currently 8 pts behind.

But we also have to play Plymouth which is why it would be in our hands.

Edit: Beaten to it by @Rammy03by a nanosecond. Great minds...

Edited by Carl Sagan