Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

24 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It was an odd game. First half i thought we were too slow in our tempo as well as pedestrian and predictable in our attacking play. The few times that Morecambe got forward they looked like they could trouble us. Warne must have put a rocket up them second half. We sped the tempo up, used our pace on the flanks and had much more fluid movement. In the end it could have been 7 or 8, not seen a mauling like that for a while. If we play as we did in the first half for the rest of the season we'll struggle to go up, if we play like the second half I fancy us for automatic promotion. 

Yes. I’ve been. Ram since the early Brisn Clough days, and although I didn’t go to the Finn Harps game I have never seen such a one sided match in all those years, especially the second half!

15 hours ago, Jourdan said:

The end to this season will be a lot of fun.

I think automatic promotion is still a long shot because Plymouth have shown enough over the course of the season to suggest they will bounce back and get back to winning regularly. One slip up and we’re a long way away really.

That said, what a job Warne is doing to have actually given us a genuine reason to ponder the idea of automatic promotion, instead of looking over our shoulders at the team in 7th.

Personally I want the Wembley win, but pipping Plymouth to 2nd in front of 4-6,000 Rams fans at Hillsborough on the last day would be special too if we somehow achieved it.

Six league wins in a row has given us an opportunity. Now we’ve just got to keep winning and see where it takes us. Finishing third after pushing for the top two would still give us a lot of confidence moving forward. We’re really in a win-win situation whatever happens when you think about it.

The next 5-6 games will set the tone for the run-in. If we can win 4 or 5 before going to Plymouth in March, the heat will be on and I’ll be scrambling for tickets for what I expected to be the one game I’d be able to get to being 45 minutes from sofa to seat.

Warne obsessives meet up on the Barbican in March, anyone?

Thought it was 7 wins on a row ?

BIg shout out to Collins, for a striker who hasn't scored in such a long time, to 'earn' a penalty when 2 up and to give it to a teammate for his hat trick, is a fantastic contribution to the team cause.

Poor shout out to around 2,000 Derby fans, who didn't turn up after coming to the 'big' attraction of Bolton. I expected a few less, but 2,000 was quite a large number.

5 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I've a little soft spot for Morecambe as I've been there more times than I care to remember, They're punching above their weight with crowds of 4k a week and a tiny budgie ?, Adams was being honest no sour grapes as he thought he was playing at Anfield with all the decisions that went against him...bookings, Penalties and a female linesperson who was overruled for an offside decision, I've now sent him all our home games to view and I hope he sees that we've had many Refs that have been crap and I mean CRAP!, It was nothing to do with us being well supported with a crowd of 26k...simply put yesterday we were at other ends of the stratosphere where football was concerned...he's lucky we didn't score 8.

A big shout to this Ref, He never thought the game was about him, Did what he needed to do and went about the game anonymous...except for the 2 Penalties ?    

They’ve got a tiny budgie and we’ve got a max bird……love it! ?

1 hour ago, DiggerB said:

Disappointed White's free kick didn't make the edit. If that little cameo was anything to go by I think we've got ourselves another L1 cheat code!

Yes, had a love.y bend on it and on target. He looked very tidy indeed on the “delivery” stakes. Passing and shooting. Think we might have a good un. 

on a management perspective I feel for both Warne and Tommo. Tommo is good enough for this league. He’s very able and a good all rounder with loads of effort in to the bargain, he’s also young so could go further, but he’s behind Max and now White is here …… how do you keep him motivated. ? He is a great lad to have around but he must feel pressure to look after himself. 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

BIg shout out to Collins, for a striker who hasn't scored in such a long time, to 'earn' a penalty when 2 up and to give it to a teammate for his hat trick, is a fantastic contribution to the team cause.

Poor shout out to around 2,000 Derby fans, who didn't turn up after coming to the 'big' attraction of Bolton. I expected a few less, but 2,000 was quite a large number.

Honestly mate, that brought a lump to my throat. That’s sportsmanship and team spirit. Then Didsy returned the favour. You can’t buy that or teach it. Collins Volley at the near post deserved a goal too. He couldn’t buy one at that point but this is a team. Everyone is battling as a unit, egos are a step back . It’s a joy to watch. Loved NML’s touch for Didsy second .. it would have been so easy to bang it at the side netting and hold your head in your hands .. but he passed it and made that goal possible. 

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

It was an odd game. First half i thought we were too slow in our tempo as well as pedestrian and predictable in our attacking play. The few times that Morecambe got forward they looked like they could trouble us. Warne must have put a rocket up them second half. We sped the tempo up, used our pace on the flanks and had much more fluid movement. In the end it could have been 7 or 8, not seen a mauling like that for a while. If we play as we did in the first half for the rest of the season we'll struggle to go up, if we play like the second half I fancy us for automatic promotion. 

Apparently as others have said it was ooooh Mark Wright who did the HT team talk 

17 hours ago, Jourdan said:

The end to this season will be a lot of fun.

I think automatic promotion is still a long shot because Plymouth have shown enough over the course of the season to suggest they will bounce back and get back to winning regularly. One slip up and we’re a long way away really.

That said, what a job Warne is doing to have actually given us a genuine reason to ponder the idea of automatic promotion, instead of looking over our shoulders at the team in 7th.

Personally I want the Wembley win, but pipping Plymouth to 2nd in front of 4-6,000 Rams fans at Hillsborough on the last day would be special too if we somehow achieved it.

Six league wins in a row has given us an opportunity. Now we’ve just got to keep winning and see where it takes us. Finishing third after pushing for the top two would still give us a lot of confidence moving forward. We’re really in a win-win situation whatever happens when you think about it.

The next 5-6 games will set the tone for the run-in. If we can win 4 or 5 before going to Plymouth in March, the heat will be on and I’ll be scrambling for tickets for what I expected to be the one game I’d be able to get to being 45 minutes from sofa to seat.

Warne obsessives meet up on the Barbican in March, anyone?

Plymouth sold out their full allocation of 3,700 yesterday. I'm not sure we'd get any more.

18 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

When it reached 5-0 I thought we were nailed on for 6 or more. Then following the substitutions, although the team kept going for more we got stuck on 5. If he is not aware of it, someone needs to whisper in Paul Warne's ear that he is the only manager whose team has shipped six goals against the Rams at Pride Park since we moved there in 1997. He needs to rid himself of that embarrassment for his own pride. We want a 7 and Burton Albion wouldn't be a bad target for that. We owe them that. 

Come on Warney sort it out ?.

Just re - watching match highlights. I’m so glad Corey Smith’s block of a goal bound shot didn’t cost us the game?

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I really don't understand why some folk only turn up for the so called bigger teams. I come to watch Derby regardless of whether its against Sheffield Wednesday or Forest Green Rovers. But, their loss.

Having said that, if I can't get a ticket for Bristol Rovers I might go to watch Tamworth (for only the second time) in what could well be a proverbial promotion 6 pointer. Maybe the game against Bolton attracted some similar casual supported rather than true fans but not, as you say, 2,000.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I really don't understand why some folk only turn up for the so called bigger teams. I come to watch Derby regardless of whether its against Sheffield Wednesday or Forest Green Rovers. But, their loss.

Having said that, if I can't get a ticket for Bristol Rovers I might go to watch Tamworth (for only the second time) in what could well be a proverbial promotion 6 pointer. Maybe the game against Bolton attracted some similar casual supported rather than true fans but not, as you say, 2,000.

I think the game being close to Christmas probably had a few with Christmas gifts as tickets, which probably added to it. Still, 26k+ in this league against anyone is still very good. 

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't understand how we can still have nearly a full house at the end of a game where we are 1 or 2 up, but thousands of empty seats at 5-0 up!

I'd have thought people would like to stay to the end and show their appreciation. 

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Yes. I’ve been. Ram since the early Brisn Clough days, and although I didn’t go to the Finn Harps game I have never seen such a one sided match in all those years, especially the second half!

What about the 8-2 demolition of Spurs? Not forgetting the 5-0 v  same opponents!

57 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Apparently as others have said it was ooooh Mark Wright who did the HT team talk 

I heard a great story after the Bolton game in the Telegraph, An old friend who knows MW rang him and asked if he knew any DLF lads as MW had gotten hold of a load of Prada Mens Flip Flops, A number was given for the foot ware to be moved on, Yet to find out if the Neptune had a bring and Buy sale ?