Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

49 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Another brilliant result and performance today that must have others around the top worried. 

It was also an emotional day as the family of Kev Shepherd ( who sadly passed away last week) came up to his seat in the south stand and taped his picture onto his seat and then it brought a tear to my eye as his name was sung.

20230204_165841.jpg

10 hours ago, DiggerB said:

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/february/derek-adams-reaction--derby-county-a/

Some proper sour grapes from their gaffer post-match. Coleman-esque in fact. Must be something in the water up there ?

I've a little soft spot for Morecambe as I've been there more times than I care to remember, They're punching above their weight with crowds of 4k a week and a tiny budgie ?, Adams was being honest no sour grapes as he thought he was playing at Anfield with all the decisions that went against him...bookings, Penalties and a female linesperson who was overruled for an offside decision, I've now sent him all our home games to view and I hope he sees that we've had many Refs that have been crap and I mean CRAP!, It was nothing to do with us being well supported with a crowd of 26k...simply put yesterday we were at other ends of the stratosphere where football was concerned...he's lucky we didn't score 8.

A big shout to this Ref, He never thought the game was about him, Did what he needed to do and went about the game anonymous...except for the 2 Penalties ?    

10 hours ago, ossieram said:

Another brilliant result and performance today that must have others around the top worried. 

It was also an emotional day as the family of Kev Shepherd ( who sadly passed away last week) came up to his seat in the south stand and taped his picture onto his seat and then it brought a tear to my eye as his name was sung.

Ahhh, Walking to the ground a few lads were singing his name...I never had a clue who he was...another sad loss of life ?

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don’t know if anyone’s mentioned it, but the announcer managed to say “James McGoldrick” scored a hat trick. You can just about catch it on the highlights. 

It's the new front man everyone's been asking for. ?

It was an odd game. First half i thought we were too slow in our tempo as well as pedestrian and predictable in our attacking play. The few times that Morecambe got forward they looked like they could trouble us. Warne must have put a rocket up them second half. We sped the tempo up, used our pace on the flanks and had much more fluid movement. In the end it could have been 7 or 8, not seen a mauling like that for a while. If we play as we did in the first half for the rest of the season we'll struggle to go up, if we play like the second half I fancy us for automatic promotion.