Wiil you be disappointed if we finish outside the top 2???

There was a point when i thought will we see the Rams at PP again? 

We will and that is plenty for me, Football fans have got very short memories but we shouldn't forget how bleak it was off the field those past few months. Let's enjoy the season and see where it takes us

A team being basically built from scratch will need room to become a cohesive unit and yes experienced players will also need time.  As the season goes on i expect some players to adapt to the team quicker, or better than others.

In short, a mid table finish would be a good first season for me, top 2 would be extraordinary but am not expecting it.

5 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

There was a point when i thought will we see the Rams at PP again? 

We will and that is plenty for me, Football fans have got very short memories but we shouldn't forget how bleak it was off the field those past few months. Let's enjoy the season and see where it takes us

Absolutely. That ^. 48 hours is a long time in football. It’s tremendous that we’ve attracted 12 signings given where we were 2 weeks ago. If it wasn’t for DC, we’d still be in Admin, and the scrap merchants would be parking their vans in MM’s space outside the front entrance and kicking the Dave McKay statue to assess its scrap value. Seriously. 
Suddenly expectations are ramping up - & there’s the danger. What we need to do is ask what has seen us suddenly attract new life blood and realise it’s the collective unity & positivity and when we’re 0-2 down to OUFC at half-time, re-surface that collective spirit that made the football world think “wow - why the positivity in the midst of melt-down?!”. 

The answer is unconditional support. Let’s keep that lesson alive. Remember the calls for invading the pitch? Trashing Middlesbrough? Setting fire to EFL HQ in Preston? Utterly futile and negative. Collective positive support will build belief. Not high expectations followed by disapproval if we don’t achieve it in 10 games. 

23 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

In all seriousness we have done v well on incoming and even if we lose a few we will still have probably the strongest/ experienced squad of all 24 (imo) which poses the question.....

Fwiw we must finish top 6 minimum. Experienced players will need no bedding in.

You’re right, we probably have got the most experienced squad but we’ll have to see if that’s the best policy. I’m happy with a top half finish and some entertaining football.

I can't make a definitive prediction until pretty much all incomings/outgoings have been completed and we know what the squad will be.

That being said we appear to be putting together a very good side for this division and with the players we have at this moment in time I expect us to be very competitive.

I really believe we can be right up there and challenge for the title. Despite what we've been through, we are Derby County and we must not let the standards of this great club drop. Clowes, Rosenior and the players will all know this.

Yes I would be 'disappointed' if we didn't finish in the top 2 but the expectation will be to finish in the top 6. 

Edited by Rammy03

No. A decent looking team on paper doesn't gel into a effective L1 side in the space of a couple of weeks. I'll be disappointed if most of the signings don't turn out to be good value, but as long as they're putting the effort in every game, I'll take what comes. I still think top 6 would be an excellent outcome - anything more and we're in minor-miracle territory.

Nope

I'm still only expecting a top half finish.

After pretty much starting from scratch with a novice temporary manager I'll be happy to see us win more than we lose.

Don't know enough about the squad strengths of the other 23 to compare, I doubt anyone on here really does tbh.

Don't forget every team will raise their game against us, we will be seen as a bug scalp in our fancy stadium and big crowds just like Sunderland were.

I can see it panning out similar to last time we were here, and we had a top manager in Cox then.

Edited by Rich84
Spelling

38 minutes ago, norwichram said:

This time last year I thought Ipswich put together a decent side and they struggled for the first half of the season

They seemed to take every player we had on trial and give them a contract, except the best one.  Shame he didn't get to stay.  If he had we'd still be in the championship. 4.5 k a week is a tremendous wage in everyday life but nowt for the championship nowadays.  I still suspect we sold Shinnie to facilitate Jagielkas wage till the end of the season and then got shafted at the last minute, losing two players and retaining none.