Wiil you be disappointed if we finish outside the top 2???

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Nope, Where's the fun in winning the League, Play Off Final...40k Rams Fans on the lash in the big smoke, Win 8-0 then back on the lash for the rest of the day/night, Spend some loot in Soho, Get ripped off by those young ladies that sit on your lap and you pay £200 for a bottle of fizzy pop, Realise I've maxed out my credit card, Find a Trumpet in the toilets, Go outside to do a bit of busking, Make a few bob, Bump into Adele who says you play a good tune do you fancy being part of my backing group, Travel the world, Meet a beautiful MILF millionaires, Get married, Star in a Hollywood Blockbuster where A poor man makes good and buys his local soccer team, Money is rolling in I become a Billionaire, I buy DCFC, STs are free to all, DCFC sign all the best players in the world, We become Premier league champions, Win the European Cup...Then I wake up with a huge hangover in the gutter it was all a dream, As I look down I see yesterdays headlines...DCFC win the play off final...8-0

COYFRs ?

Nah, been there done that, let’s just win the league.

We've put a squad together from nothing in less than two weeks with no idea whether these players will gel.

I have absolutely no idea if other League 1 teams have a better squad than us, genuinely, not a single clue, so I'm unsure how some of us think we have a good squad for this league?

We also have an interim manager in his first solo role, strict EFL rules to work with and a brand new owner who has never ran a football club before.

If we have a fairly decent season, don't get drawn into a relegation fight and see a team improving to the point they seem capable of competing for a play off spot next season, then, I will be satisfied.

Meanwhile, I will be happy to be in the South Stand getting behind the manager and all the players, no matter what.

COYR

If I had just signed for Derby County, took a look at those we'd got here and been able to attact and a manager hungry to prove himself, I'd want the conversation around the training ground to be let's win the league, let's put on a show for the fans. Remember, we were more than a match for the top teams in the Championship. People should listen to Rob Keys' talk on the radio the other day, how having a positive mindset can make such a difference. He was appalled how England gave up a run chase against the West Indies recently, that a draw would be okay, and never wanted to see that from his side. He took the job because he wanted to know if what he was saying as a pundit could translate into managing the national side. That's what I want, players, owner, staff and manager being positive, and especially from the fans too. It rubs off, some need to stop hiding behind the sofa, which appears to be more than half here.

7 hours ago, DesertRam said:

I think we will finish inside the top 6 (not expecting it mind) we will have a couple of draws, a slow start

is to be expected - but come the end of the season the momentum will be with us, whether we

can achieve the ultimate is a dream, but if we are in the top 6 it is possible  ?

However, History says we will be there at least a couple of seasons

Actually history says we finished in the top three in three of the four seasons spent in the third tier.

3 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Realise I've maxed out my credit card, Find a Trumpet in the toilets, Go outside to do a bit of busking, Make a few bob, Bump into Adele who says you play a good tune do you fancy being part of my backing group, Travel the world, Meet a beautiful MILF millionaires, Get married, Star in a Hollywood Blockbuster where A poor man makes good and buys his local soccer team, Money is rolling in I become a Billionaire, I buy DCFC, STs are free to all, DCFC sign all the best players in the world, We become Premier league champions, Win the European Cup...Then I wake up with a huge hangover in the gutter it was all a dream, As I look down I see yesterdays headlines...DCFC win the play off final...8-0

COYFRs ?

As long as you're better than the Chinese lad playing Christmas Carols on a Chinese trumpet in Leicester.

The busker I heard in Exeter was totally amazing.

On topic, hard league with lots of grafters. We'll do well to make top 6. Mind you, Buxton gave  Morecambe a hard game in the Cup.

This thread strikes me as one of them private, clique jokes. Everybody else is in on it except one. Well, I think we are going to p!ss this league, and yes I will be booing Clowes and Rosenior if we aren’t top at Christmas. Come on you lot. The last 2 years seems to have turned you to mush.

Edited by i-Ram

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

This thread strikes me as one of them private, clique jokes. Everybody else is in on it except one. Well, I think we are going to p!ss this league, and yes I will be booing Clowes and Rosenior if aren’t top at Christmas. Come on you lot. The last 2 years seems to have turned you to mush.

It seems like we've finally caught up with your brain.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

This thread strikes me as one of them private, clique jokes. Everybody else is in on it except one. Well, I think we are going to p!ss this league, and yes I will be booing Clowes and Rosenior if we aren’t top at Christmas. Come on you lot. The last 2 years seems to have turned you to mush.

All those suppressed boos whilst we were battling gamely last year, bubbling up like shaken champagne.

First misplaced pass, someone’s gonna get it.

7CD7DCD5-AA81-4EFE-B31C-1770D9A18CE2.jpeg

10 hours ago, Macintosh said:

If I had just signed for Derby County, took a look at those we'd got here and been able to attact and a manager hungry to prove himself, I'd want the conversation around the training ground to be let's win the league, let's put on a show for the fans. Remember, we were more than a match for the top teams in the Championship. People should listen to Rob Keys' talk on the radio the other day, how having a positive mindset can make such a difference. He was appalled how England gave up a run chase against the West Indies recently, that a draw would be okay, and never wanted to see that from his side. He took the job because he wanted to know if what he was saying as a pundit could translate into managing the national side. That's what I want, players, owner, staff and manager being positive, and especially from the fans too. It rubs off, some need to stop hiding behind the sofa, which appears to be more than half here.

A winning mentality is all well and good, but needs to be reasonable, or negativity will take over when the high goals read demands are not met and that does not help the team in the slightest.  Some need a reality check.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Last season taught us that a supportive home crowd can actually contribute to success, even with a subpar team. With a stronger squad, that same energy from the fans could be what puts us over the top. If it comes with some humility then even better. Or we could all revert to that entitled D-bag mentality, and abuse our players for every misstep. But I like to think we've learned

I agree on the calls of reality check. I'm just not sure who'll have to do it.

Bet365 has us third favorite. I think it's them who need it, betting companies usually do...

No matter do you like it or not, we are one of the favorites to go back up straight away.