Wiil you be disappointed if we finish outside the top 2???

I would be a little disappointed if we don’t make top 2. We have a good Div1 budget and Liam has brought in players to get the job done first time of asking. It is not a 3 year plan , with the age of our players they have to do it this season. Next season would mean another re-build to get promotion again.

15 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst I get the point about people getting potentially over excited, I think there is a reasonable amount to get hopeful about a promotion push. 

The situation is almost incomparable to the one under Jewell. The signings that season were scattershot, signing way too many players on way top high waves with little thought to as we were going to use them. We also came down in the particular bind a biggish club has following a bad relegation were confidence is largely shot, players are used to losing but expectation is heaped on them.

Here though, if fozzy signs we can field an 11 with 9 players who were here last year without really playing anyone out of position. There is that degree of continuity and we are signing to a plan, to complement what we have. Also we are coming down with a team that wouldn't have got relegated bar the deductions so they don't have that same beaten mentality.

Personally think it's too early to say exactly where we should be aiming but I don't think thinking we could make a promotion push is unreasonable.

Im not moaning and i think weve signed well. 
but no one knows,u me l, liam .. anyone until time elapses if these signings will be a success or transpire to be the same “scattergun signings” cos they were free and cheap.

i think weve recruited well but so many signings normally take time to gel.. i think patience will have to be exercised

I think we have to be somewhat realistic. On paper, we’ve signed some really good players for the level, but the reality is they are coming to League one for a reason. Most are coming to the end of their careers and won’t be the best version of themselves. Most will have a lost a bit physically. On the flip side, we also have a lot of young players who will naturally dip and peak through the season. As we’ve seen from a lot of the young players who have come through, the second season often proves tough - Sibley, bird, knight all dropped off before (in bird and knight’s case) kicking on again. There is also a question over who might leave. Judging by the training photos, Bielik seems to be away - no present and squad numbers given to Chester. There are increasing reports of clubs sniffing round other players too. Furthermore, this is a team full of new faces and personalities. It will take time for it to gel. We will likely start slow, or erratically so it will be important to stay with the project.

However, despite all the depressing realism above, the team is looking really strong and despite some potential dips in form or fitness, there is a lot of know how in the team and a lot of players with good potential. This doesn’t look like a team that is being put together for a slow build, so I’d expect us to be going for promotion. It looks like a side that is being put together with top six as a bare minimum. Although I don’t expect us to blow the league away, I’d be disappointed if we didn’t make that top six goal. 

21 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I think everyone should be disappointed if we don’t get promoted. Isn’t that what’s we all hope for? 

I think we can get promoted, but I certainly don’t expect us to. 

There's 24 teams who will believe they have a chance of success, There's most likely 10 teams who believe they are promotion contenders, They'll be 3-4 teams who think they'll be in the top 2.

This squad at worst should be in the playoffs, At best...?

If we make 2/3 more signings of the current ilk and keep Knight Bird and Beliek. Then 100% I’ll be disappointed. I’d expect us to be really good next year. I’d expect us to challenge with the current set of players. 

I'll be happy with 7th as a minimum, just because it was our lowest ever league position.

As such it was a springboard for 5 great years of football, and if Maxwell could have kept his foot on the pedal, who knows what would have happened.

Reserving judgement till after 10 games, the old saying 

It'll be tougher than you think, coping with teams coming to pp and going to smaller grounds, hopefully that's where rosenier has done his research with the experienced players coming in

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

The players we've signed and the budget we are surely paying for wages, we have to be up there. No excuses.

This squad is not a league one squad 

You do know we are working under a EFL business plan and that our wage bill will not be the highest in the league.