Wiil you be disappointed if we finish outside the top 2???

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They seemed to take every player we had on trial and give them a contract, except the best one.  Shame he didn't get to stay.  If he had we'd still be in the championship. 4.5 k a week is a tremendous wage in everyday life but nowt for the championship nowadays.  I still suspect we sold Shinnie to facilitate Jagielkas wage till the end of the season and then got shafted at the last minute, losing two players and retaining none.

Who was that??? 

No not at all, we are lucky to even be competing next season. The new owners need to get to grips with the everyday running of the club again and at the same time make us competitive, hopefully make players young and old want to come and play for the club again. 

More than happy to see us finish in the top 8 or so with Rosenior developing a style of play & good young additions to the academy.

I think we will finish inside the top 6 (not expecting it mind) we will have a couple of draws, a slow start

is to be expected - but come the end of the season the momentum will be with us, whether we

can achieve the ultimate is a dream, but if we are in the top 6 it is possible  ?

However, History says we will be there at least a couple of seasons

No expectations for anything, just the knowledge that things will be better this season than last.

Results are sort of secondary after sweating until a few weeks ago and receiving what felt like a last-minute reprieve from execution.

Hope is good, but expectations of glory doesn't sit well with me following what we've been through.

I don’t really have an expectation and I certainly won’t be disappointed if we’re outside the top 2, or the top 6.  This is a total reset.  New owner, new club structure, new manager, a new squad in a new division.  It’s fairly safe to say that most of the 18 named against Oxford will be new to the club/squad.  They’ll have only played 3 games together, bearing in mind a lot of new signings didn’t start last week.  It’ll take time to gel and get some momentum as Liam tweaks it to get the best formation, best starting 11 and adapts to the division.  And as others have said, we’ll be a target for everyone and teams will raise their game.

No, I’m just glad we have our club back in decent ownership with our debts cleared. We are Derby County FC again rather ‘Rooney/Lampards DCFC’ and we have the bones of a competitive squad coming together. As long as we continue to rebuild and give it our best shot I don’t care where we finish. I have bought a season ticket for the first time in nearly 30 years because I am excited about the journey and I can’t wait for the season to start.

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

For all the faff above, let’s face it some 50% of this forum are going to be disappointed if we are not in the top 2 by the end of August. Settling in time, Time to gel. My arse.

Ya right, I was trying to be pragmatic......I'll be gutted if we are not top 3 at least ???

I hope for winning the title, but you know why wouldn’t you expect that to be the aim? We’ve recruited relatively well, we were relegated by a points deduction and there’s still this window and another to get players into the club.

Do you all think Liam is planning for top 6 or to win the league? My money is on the latter. #coyr

Edited by RoyMac5

Nope aslong as we give most teams a good thrashing i dont care , itd be nice to go watch derby win and score goals. Instead of the normal pass it round the back for 85 mins and concede in last few minutes of the game.

Aslong as iv still got my team to support i dont care if we go down/stay in league one/ or get promoted!