Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

14 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Next 2 games are what matters..win those 2 home games and we will be flying..

I agree.

I had Peterborough picking up a point today and Reading somehow managing a win. So, although it was a horrible result against a horrible team for Derby, we ended the day better off than I was fearing. 

36 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yep

But considering his age and the great run of form he has been in he has to have an off day.

I think we have to take this on the chin, roll our shoulders and accept that this is what happens in some games. I watched the Boro v United game and despite the obvious skill gap the smoggies do knock the ball round pretty well. We are a mid table side with a paper thin squad but all of them are giving their best, game after game. No criticism from me.

We really need to sort out or away form. It's been pretty terrible all season and if anything is getting worse. It puts pressure on the home games. To be fair to Rooney I do not think he has the players to keep us up, great  efforts though we are making in the home games.

We have many more tough away games to come.. Bournemouth, Blackburn, QPR. It seems too much to ask but we need to get something from some of these games, but we've lost the last three Forest, Huddersfield and Boro and conceding too many silly gaols now which is not good. Jags is a huge loss. Oh well, still hope, and at least we should still have a club even if it is in league One.   

Hate to see Gibson and his acolytes take the three points. But it was to be expected.

We move on and not too much damage was done with other results. Fingers crossed we don’t run out of games. 

Beilik getting 70 mins in his legs without injury and other results the only positives today. Need to come back strong next week and hopefully there’s some good news in the meantime!

42 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Away on a weekend with the good lady in Liverpool and just seen the score. Not so unexpected and at least other scores went our way.

Time to find another pub and look forward to the next game. At least Leeds got stuffed just down the road.

Find your way to Peter Kavanaghs, Egerton Street - fantastic if you like real pubs. 

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We really need to sort out or away form. It's been pretty terrible all season and if anything is getting worse. It puts pressure on the home games. To be fair to Rooney I do not think he has the players to keep us up, great  efforts though we are making in the home games.

ufc 205 thank you GIF by UFC

17 minutes ago, jono said:

But considering his age and the great run of form he has been in he has to have an off day.

I think we have to take this on the chin, roll our shoulders and accept that this is what happens in some games. I watched the Boro v United game and despite the obvious skill gap the smoggies do knock the ball round pretty well. We are a mid table side with a paper thin squad but all of them are giving their best, game after game. No criticism from me.

Oh i know mate, im just frustrated cos despite the obvious gap in abilities and options we could have got something out of that

ref had a pair of baalocks, thompson launches it up the line, they dont get a double deflection goal etc etc.

its what happens when u have a team of kids, theyre still learning, theyll make mistakes, they wont see things an experienced player would. 

and to be fair to thompson hes a sitting midfielder and not a wide up and down box to box player, no complaints hes a young lad and will learn.

today makes u realise how much we miss shinnie and jags 

Not our day. Poor for the 1st and 4th, unlucky with the 2nd, 3rd was bad defending. Our goal was a right fluke anorl - shocking keeping to let that in, no idea why he allowed himself to become unsighted. Think the scoreline flattered them but they were the better side - good pressing in particular and deserved the win.

Don't think Crooks' challenge was that bad, don't know why Rams TV were going on about it as if it was crime of the century - yellow was enough for me. Mike Dean was generally rubbish, but don't think it favoured either side.

No harm done with other results going our way and we move on to the Posh game, which is massive. Their midweek meeting with Reading is equally important really (and Hoilet should be banned for the Royals too).

UTR.

Edited by JoetheRam