Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'll probably get slated for this, but my initial reaction upon hearing it on RD... and backed up by seeing it here... is:

I don't like it!

Yeah yeah... kid... hero... I get that.

But there's a time and a place for kids meeting/getting selfies... in fact, quite a few times and places, with a bit of planning... but this particular time and place just ain't it.

I can only assume the usual, and added security, were all surrounding "Curly Sue and The Parmolettes"? 

When do 8 year olds become 12 year olds become 15 year olds become knife wielding thugs?  Who is drawing that line, and where is it being drawn?
He didn't shout Rooney over from nearby seats, or hold up a begging Banner... He literally ran half the length of the pitch (Assuming he came from the same place he returned to?)

No.  This gets a big thumbs down from me.
Shame on the matchday security.
Shame on the boys parent(s)/guardian(s) (whether they were there or not, and whether they were encouraging it or not).

Sad to see Rooney play along with it, instead of shooing the lad away, or at least stepping back, but it's fair to say, he's actually in a no-win situation there, and I can fully understand his reaction, so I'm loathe to "Shame" him too. 
He should not be put in that position.

?

I think it was Chelsea who said they're going to ban the parents of children who run onto the pitch, which is what all clubs should do in my opinion. 

Also, if a club can get fined for 'not controlling their players', they should get fined for their stewards not controlling the crowd, but Gibson's got the EFL at gunpoint so nothing will happen.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

You Twitterati peeps, can't you report this to both the Police and Twitter?

Appreciate that it's just a bunch of embarrassing juvenile detergents but even so, their posturing ought to be brought to the attention to their case workers.

Their posturing won't go unpunished. No doubt they will be on detention when they return to school on Monday. 

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

They can't, because Dean has already made his decision. If he hadn't given anything for it, then they could go retrospective. Although that's not going to happen, given the number of non-retros which have already taken place.

However, they could still do a retrospective one for that arm in the face challenge on Beilik very early on. Does anybody think that they will?

Naahhh. Me neither.

4 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

However, they could still do a retrospective one for that arm in the face challenge on Beilik very early on. Does anybody think that they will?

Naahhh. Me neither.

Not seen that one again, looked like a forearm smash tbh!

Weren't worth a point today, Boro deserved their win. But by god those 4 goals weren't pretty to watch from our point of view. Very uncharacteristic of us, losing Jagielka has been a major blow as we're now conceding far more often. The kamikaze style play from the back again is getting a bit concerning, when we score so few it is not ideal to be presenting (typically) one glorious chance per game to the oppo courtesy of our refusal to punt it upfield. 

Well reflected on my long drive home and during my curry. Didn’t think we were that bad today. Thought Rooney’s post match analysis was spot on. Wasn’t much between the teams but the game turned on key moments. The own goal we conceded from nothing. Got back in the game and then a horrendous piece of luck with their second, the third was poor but a good move from them and so soon after the second and just before half time it was a killer. The fact it was Crooks made it worst, how he was still on the pitch I really don’t know just thankful Bird wasn’t hurt.

Second half we had loads of play but were not brave enough at times. Boro kicked lumps out of us we barely put a tackle in on them. We were going for it and leaving ourselves open, it was a very young team that finished the game and that contributed to them having a flurry of late chances getting the 4th and putting the gloss on their win, they deserved to win no question but didn’t feel like a 4-1. Loved the fact the Derby fans completely ignored the 4th goal and kept on singing allez allez allez. And still singing a good 5 mins after the final whistle. Amazing! We made our point to the ******** today and everyone else who has tried and so far failed to bring us down.

After beers in doctor browns or whatever it was called and scram in maccies I got there literally 5 mins before and stayed in my seat all game, I was in the upper tier and didn’t see really what was going on down the front so sorry @angieram appears to have had a bad experience. Leaving the ground I was definitely in the wrong place as it all started kicking off, I realised staying with Derby fans was probably going to end badly as police were doing their best to act as a Barrier but our fans were cornered to some degree. Can’t believe the number of Boro dheads just Filming it on their phones, I decided I’d be safer walking into the Boro fans and walking the long way round to the Zetland car park and looks like it was the right move and sounds like I missed the worst of it. 

My first time to Boro. Probably my last. Dump of a place (which I already knew), fans are scum bags - it was so tempting to say something back to the baiting or barge into one them but on my own and being a complete woos it would not have ended well - dirty team we never do well there and it’s just like being in our ground only our ground is better. Hope they fail and then fail FFP but would still rather them go up than Forest. They ain’t our rivals and would be quite happy if we never played them again.