Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

Could it be the tiniest of silver livings that "crook"s could and should be banned retrospectively?

Then again, probably boro would want to sue us at the end of the season again, when they finish 7th because their player got banned retrospectively for a disgusting challenge! And it cost them the playoffs. We should be careful...

Couldnt give a crap what happens to them after today, we move on and focus on us 

duck em, tin pot club

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

To be fair we have a squad full of kids. To be too critical is being a bit unfair. That’s the first time we have let in more than 2….just not our day today against a good home side.

Yeah 100%

Still very proud of them. It just frustrates because they do the hard stuff easy and make the simple look hard. 

Be hard game to watch back I imagine

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Although Jags is the real miss in defence we also need Stearman back ASAP. Curtis needs help. 

I think Buchanan struggled a bit today. His pace and heading ability have rightly been pointed out as a big asset for him at CB but it’s tough on him to expect consistent week in week out performances. Stearman, Jags and Davies know where to be positioned with their eyes closed. One thing I’ve noticed about Buchanan’s defending is that he often stays dropped in when the other defenders step up if a cross comes into the box. He definitely needs to do a bit of work on his positioning. 

Edited by Orphanram

Well I'm not down in  the dumps about the result - I had already set myself for whatever happened. What has really boiled my waste fluids is the absolutely dreadful performance by the referee. Why send in your alleged top man because its likely to be a feisty game, and then do nothing about the feist?

After a few minutes while the teams found their feet, Derby played well, and had the better of the play. Rams TV called it dominating play, but i don't think I'd go that far. We did well, but wasn't expecting Blazing Saddles Wilder to do thug football. But in the end it won them the game. Shame.

I don't know which player it was that elbowed Beilik in the face with no attempt to play the ball, but that should have been a major point in the match. If nothing else forcing the dirty Smoggies on to the back foot. I don't even think he got a yellow. Then ther was Crook's foul on Bird - and as many on here have said, how did Stearman get a red, but Crook's didn't? Then there was the third goal, scored by a man who should have been in the bath long before, from an offsidde position. And there was Crook's late lunge on Buchanan ages after the ball had gone. Definite yellow, therfore a red. But no he's still on the pitch. And which player was it dived in the area in the second half? If it isn't a penalty, its a yellow card. Unless it is a Middlesbrough player who does the dive. And Mike Dean blocking Max Bird of flets play go on and the Smoggies end up almost with a one-on-one. Actually he can't stop play because he didn't have contact with the ball. But he did in the second half, but still didn't stop play.

It all took its toll after about 20 - 25 minutes and the sloppy play crept in. The first two goals were really unlucky deflections, but that fact that Middlesbrough could put dangerous balls into the box in case that sort of thing happened only came because we let them. Amd with the 4th goal - faffing about at the back is bad enough from goal kicks, but when we do it from open play, it is plain suicidal. a bit of advice when you have the ball in that position: GET RID!!!!!!!

If Mike Dean had done his job and clamped down on the dirty tactics early on, and used the correct cards at his disposal, it may have been a different game, but in the end we had the stuffing knocked out of us after about half an hour, so there was only going to be one result after then. Shame, because what we have seen all season is that the players have risen above such controversial treatment by both the officials and the opposition, but not today. Maybe all the off-pitch stuff has taken its toll.

So lets dust ourselves down and move on to the next match.

Not a great result but it didn't matter in the end. Scoreline flattered Boro. What disappointed more was the disgraceful behaviour by both sets of supporters, mainly Boro throwing flares and god knows what into the away end. Awful, definitely wouldn't take my nephew to an away game anytime soon. Going back 30 years to the days when you'd come home with a black eye from an away day, horrible.