Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just seen the goals from yesterday for the first time. Jesus Christ. And some folks are still mithering about the ref. 

duck me mate.  When we lost Stearman it was game over at Huddersfield and would have been at Forest and Boro if right decisions were made on sending offs .

Football is a simple game. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just seen the goals from yesterday for the first time. Jesus Christ. And some folks are still mithering about the ref. 

Good point but I think if you send off Morrison and Stearman in previous games than he should have walked for a similar offense. The goals we gave away were criminal and our players should be locked up for the biggest crime of all, giving the ball to the opposition.

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

Good point but I think if you send off Morrison and Stearman in previous games than he should have walked for a similar offense. The goals we gave away were criminal and our players should be locked up for the biggest crime of all, giving the ball to the opposition.

Let’s be honest we have done well this season so let’s not wade in about goals given away. 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

duck me mate.  When we lost Stearman it was game over at Huddersfield and would have been at Forest and Boro if right decisions were made on sending offs .

Football is a simple game. 

We need to help ourselves first and foremost which we didn't.

Just hope we've now took the hit for the rest of the season on our quota of comedy giveaway goals in the game yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

We need to help ourselves first and foremost which we didn't.

Just hope we've now took the hit for the rest of the season on our quota of comedy giveaway goals in the game yesterday. 

People need to realise how much Jags was doing for us and it’s compounded by losing Stearman for 3 games 

On 12/02/2022 at 10:23, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Chris Wilder got Sheffield United a top-half Premier League finish. He’s a fantastic manager.

Then he spent a shedload of cash on dross and they got relegated the following season. My point is that he is a decent manager at a certain level but has never had a situation to deal with like Rooney so it’s unfair to disparage what WR has done aleady. 

19 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Starting to think there really is a conspiracy against Derby. 

Referees are poo 

I don’t think it is that. I just believe the standard of refereeing at every level from the Premiership right down to grassroots is absolutely atrocious. The Premiership have VAR to dig them out. As a coach at grassroots level on the whole the refs are poor. I totally understand that many of them are young and just starting out but the support they get is almost none existent. Many of them don’t even use their whistle, they may as well have a yo-yo. Refereeing much like the game itself needs a total overhaul. 

15 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I don’t think it is that. I just believe the standard of refereeing at every level from the Premiership right down to grassroots is absolutely atrocious. The Premiership have VAR to dig them out. As a coach at grassroots level on the whole the refs are poor. I totally understand that many of them are young and just starting out but the support they get is almost none existent. Many of them don’t even use their whistle, they may as well have a yo-yo. Refereeing much like the game itself needs a total overhaul. 

Absolutely; I noticed that too when I coached youth football. I did a referee course run by the FA and have to say it was pants: blazer and tie Alan Partridge types filled the room. 

Just now, Ellafella said:

Absolutely; I noticed that too when I coached youth football. I did a referee course run by the FA and have to say it was pants: blazer and tie Alan Partridge types filled the room. 

It is shocking, it’s the basics they get wrong that worries me. The amount of times they out the whistle to their lips and don’t blow is ridiculous. I tried telling them go with your instinct. Making a wrong decision is sometimes better than making no decision at all. Another big failing for me is not using their whistle just pointing. Having played, watched and coached the best refs are the ones who talk the players through the game. The first thing any ref should be taught is to own the pitch and a large part of that is being vocal. Don’t get me wrong there are a fair amount of idiots attending grassroots games shouting and harassing the refs which again is unacceptable. Again for me it starts at the top. Little changes would make huge differences. 

11 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

It is shocking, it’s the basics they get wrong that worries me. The amount of times they out the whistle to their lips and don’t blow is ridiculous. I tried telling them go with your instinct. Making a wrong decision is sometimes better than making no decision at all. Another big failing for me is not using their whistle just pointing. Having played, watched and coached the best refs are the ones who talk the players through the game. The first thing any ref should be taught is to own the pitch and a large part of that is being vocal. Don’t get me wrong there are a fair amount of idiots attending grassroots games shouting and harassing the refs which again is unacceptable. Again for me it starts at the top. Little changes would make huge differences. 

Absolutely. Agree with all that. As a junior footballer the ref I remember is the one who got us together - both sides - pre-match and gave us a 2 minute chat…no swearing, play to the whistle and enjoy the game.