Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well reflected on my long drive home and during my curry. Didn’t think we were that bad today. Thought Rooney’s post match analysis was spot on. Wasn’t much between the teams but the game turned on key moments. The own goal we conceded from nothing. Got back in the game and then a horrendous piece of luck with their second, the third was poor but a good move from them and so soon after the second and just before half time it was a killer. The fact it was Crooks made it worst, how he was still on the pitch I really don’t know just thankful Bird wasn’t hurt.

Second half we had loads of play but were not brave enough at times. Boro kicked lumps out of us we barely put a tackle in on them. We were going for it and leaving ourselves open, it was a very young team that finished the game and that contributed to them having a flurry of late chances getting the 4th and putting the gloss on their win, they deserved to win no question but didn’t feel like a 4-1. Loved the fact the Derby fans completely ignored the 4th goal and kept on singing allez allez allez. And still singing a good 5 mins after the final whistle. Amazing! We made our point to the ******** today and everyone else who has tried and so far failed to bring us down.

After beers in doctor browns or whatever it was called and scram in maccies I got there literally 5 mins before and stayed in my seat all game, I was in the upper tier and didn’t see really what was going on down the front so sorry @angieram appears to have had a bad experience. Leaving the ground I was definitely in the wrong place as it all started kicking off, I realised staying with Derby fans was probably going to end badly as police were doing their best to act as a Barrier but our fans were cornered to some degree. Can’t believe the number of Boro dheads just Filming it on their phones, I decided I’d be safer walking into the Boro fans and walking the long way round to the Zetland car park and looks like it was the right move and sounds like I missed the worst of it. 

My first time to Boro. Probably my last. Dump of a place (which I already knew), fans are scum bags - it was so tempting to say something back to the baiting or barge into one them but on my own and being a complete woos it would not have ended well - dirty team we never do well there and it’s just like being in our ground only our ground is better. Hope they fail and then fail FFP but would still rather them go up than Forest. They ain’t our rivals and would be quite happy if we never played them again.

Sounds like we were in the same place, as soon as there was that split when we were going through the underpass that’s when the stuff was rained down on us, bunch of cowards. Still don’t think the people of Middlesbrough generally are like that though and have enjoyed our weekend here apart from the football.

In fairness to Boro, I thought they had some serious quality today. Crooks was a player I really hoped we would be in for (back before admin). 

With that being said, I do feel that they are in a similar position to us back in 2016/2017. A lot of big wages, big fees (perhaps not as much as we spent nominally, but adjusted for the weak market probably a similar amount). Furthermore, I can’t imagine they generate the sort of revenue we did, they’re not a small club by any means but they are a tier under us (in my opinion anyway). 

I’ve always had my suspicions that they’re claim might have been FFP related, they lost eye watering amounts last year and they have spent big this year. I know they have a few assets with serious value, but I’m skeptical of some of the figures being banded around. Spence looks class but 10 million for half a season in the champ? Can’t see it personally, especially with the market still in a bit of a lull. 

Maybe I’m wrong and they’ll come up smelling of roses, but somehow I think karma might be making its way to Teeside in the near future.

7 minutes ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

In fairness to Boro, I thought they had some serious quality today. Crooks was a player I really hoped we would be in for (back before admin). 

With that being said, I do feel that they are in a similar position to us back in 2016/2017. A lot of big wages, big fees (perhaps not as much as we spent nominally, but adjusted for the weak market probably a similar amount). Furthermore, I can’t imagine they generate the sort of revenue we did, they’re not a small club by any means but they are a tier under us (in my opinion anyway). 

I’ve always had my suspicions that they’re claim might have been FFP related, they lost eye watering amounts last year and they have spent big this year. I know they have a few assets with serious value, but I’m skeptical of some of the figures being banded around. Spence looks class but 10 million for half a season in the champ? Can’t see it personally, especially with the market still in a bit of a lull. 

Maybe I’m wrong and they’ll come up smelling of roses, but somehow I think karma might be making its way to Teeside in the near future.

Each to their own i suppose.  Wouldn't take the clumsy classless bar steward on a free. Cowardly player as well, never puts it in on the big boys.  Next job giving rides on Blackpool beach

Every Boro ultra isis wannabe Green St gangster I've seen so far looks like a 12 year old Call Of Duty no lifer. 

Honestly, it's like that Sacha Baron Cohen movie Grimsby. 

I can't imagine a group all masked up like that looking less terrifying. 100% some of them are 7st 12 year olds so unless under them masks hides Jet Li and Jackie Chan I can only see them scaring families. 

That smog is no good for the growth is it?

7 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Well I'm not down in  the dumps about the result - I had already set myself for whatever happened. What has really boiled my waste fluids is the absolutely dreadful performance by the referee. Why send in your alleged top man because its likely to be a feisty game, and then do nothing about the feist?

After a few minutes while the teams found their feet, Derby played well, and had the better of the play. Rams TV called it dominating play, but i don't think I'd go that far. We did well, but wasn't expecting Blazing Saddles Wilder to do thug football. But in the end it won them the game. Shame.

I don't know which player it was that elbowed Beilik in the face with no attempt to play the ball, but that should have been a major point in the match. If nothing else forcing the dirty Smoggies on to the back foot. I don't even think he got a yellow. Then ther was Crook's foul on Bird - and as many on here have said, how did Stearman get a red, but Crook's didn't? Then there was the third goal, scored by a man who should have been in the bath long before, from an offsidde position. And there was Crook's late lunge on Buchanan ages after the ball had gone. Definite yellow, therfore a red. But no he's still on the pitch. And which player was it dived in the area in the second half? If it isn't a penalty, its a yellow card. Unless it is a Middlesbrough player who does the dive. And Mike Dean blocking Max Bird of flets play go on and the Smoggies end up almost with a one-on-one. Actually he can't stop play because he didn't have contact with the ball. But he did in the second half, but still didn't stop play.

It all took its toll after about 20 - 25 minutes and the sloppy play crept in. The first two goals were really unlucky deflections, but that fact that Middlesbrough could put dangerous balls into the box in case that sort of thing happened only came because we let them. Amd with the 4th goal - faffing about at the back is bad enough from goal kicks, but when we do it from open play, it is plain suicidal. a bit of advice when you have the ball in that position: GET RID!!!!!!!

If Mike Dean had done his job and clamped down on the dirty tactics early on, and used the correct cards at his disposal, it may have been a different game, but in the end we had the stuffing knocked out of us after about half an hour, so there was only going to be one result after then. Shame, because what we have seen all season is that the players have risen above such controversial treatment by both the officials and the opposition, but not today. Maybe all the off-pitch stuff has taken its toll.

So lets dust ourselves down and move on to the next match.

Don't usually agree with your assessment of referees but agree that Dean was poor today. 

He should be shown the videos of Morrison and Stearman red cards and be made to explain the difference to the Crooks challenge today. 

Also what on earth was his decision today when Derby were on the attack and he stopped the game to book Lawrence and one of their players before giving a drop ball near the halfway line? If there was an infringement it was either a penalty or a free kick to Boro.

Lets not deflect away from the reality of today though, we lost because of poor defending. 

3 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Notice that Rooney rarely comments on things that don't go our way. No mention of the 2 potential red cards or very poor ref. Any other manager would have spent the entire presser bleating about that..imagine Colin lol..classy our boss..

I think he has done in the past and  it should be mentioned if a ref does have a shocker. However to his credit today, he acknowledged that he got the tactics wrong and they were equally or in fact more to blame for the defeat. 

When things turned nasty after the game, and the police horses mobilised and the scuffles started, Edward and me, fully scarfed, got separated into the mass of Boro fans. We were fully absorbed into the middle of Boro fans baying for a stack up. After a few provocative “Enjoy League 1s” in stepped the Neils and said “Right, we’ve got your back, No Boro fans will touch you whilst we are here” and duly chaperoned us back to the safety of our car.

Proper football fans and proper people. Thanks to the Neils who are always welcome at the Brunswick Inn and Pride Park whilst we are about. Enjoy the rest of the season Neil & Neil and Slainte. ?

57F4B180-17D8-4A83-A7F0-02448B39A5D8.jpeg

You cannot allow yourself to get too down about one result . But our defending was sloppy and we didn’t seem to be set up to cope with their stand out player Jones. Something Wazza needs to sort in the summer is the lack of a hard man in midfield. Crooks did as he liked and needed sorting.