Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

Well you think you can mess with our club and get away with it guess again we Derby county minus 21 we are staying up and mel is coming for you there will be sea of black and white in the riverside like cocu said you mess with one of us you mess with all of us and we are going to win you guys mark my words.

We are staying up we are staying up

Efl teffied Derby on fire.

I fear that irrespective of the call for calm it will be carnage on Saturday.

I am not for one second condoning it but passions are running high and as soon as B*** start goading our lot it will get messy.

Worst possible time to play them. My only hope is that Mel sorts them out before Saturday to quell tensions.

If we could rise above it I would say well done to all but as soon as the kids get on the shandy........oh dear me

Fantastic. This game is everything. If you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us, and Steve Gibson is the man who has tried to mess with the entire county of Derbyshire. Let's extract our revenge on the pitch. No quarter asked for and none given, standing strong in the face of epic adversity, as we have all season. 

We are Derby, we fight to the end. All together. And we shall overcome.

Come on you Rams!

8 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I fear that irrespective of the call for calm it will be carnage on Saturday.

Question is whether anything can be done to keep things under control.  Can the fans groups try to channel the inevitable protest into something that will not backfire ? In normal times the club itself would be doing this but Q have little chance of influencing. In their shoes I would ask Rooney to make a very carefully scripted and strong statement - and not to say anything else at all in his pre game press - and back it up with separate releases from selected players 

Edited by kevinhectoring

I'll be desperate to get one over them on Saturday but, taking a long term view, I'm quite relaxed about Boro away.

It feels a bit like a free hit.

Win and it helps us stay up. Lose and Boro have 4 points from us that could be like gold dust for Mr Steve Stevie-Stephen and his desperation for the play-offs at the end of the season.

Imagine if he dragged this out until then and we decided to self-liquidate during the last week, expunging our points and thus pushing them out of the play-offs.

Losing could actually be a decent bargaining chip in the whole drawn-out saga.

I'm going to post with my Football head on.......if we lose to Boro on Saturday, I don't think footballing wise it's that bad.....hear me out....there are fixtures you look at and you say we can win that, draw that, lose that, Boro are a good side, and doing well, so losing up there wouldn't be catastrophic and shouldn't knock the belief the players, management and fans have in our fight to stay up, we have other teams to play we should be more hopeful of beating.....the only disappointment I would feel is losing to them because of my total dislike of there chairman and the bragging rights there fans would have.....but I feel we would still have the last laugh....we will still stay up, and they will miss out on the playoffs, I don't care if it is Forest that beat them to the playoffs so long as Boro don't get in them, I haven't had such disdain for a club since QPR..........would be great to beat them Saturday and after last night we do have chance, I believe our group of players can achieve anything now......They Are Derby County And They Will Fight Till The End...COYR ???

Edited by BriggRam

I wonder if any of the players feel any animosity towards Boro. Short term contracts low wages ( footballing wise) will any feel Boro are partly to blame for there own situation.

It feels a bit like a local Derby in many ways 

I will accept any positive result thanks you very much - we have eleven players in our first team squad - two of them are goalkeepers two are out with long term injuries and one will be suspended leaving us with just one established centre half - we have minus 21 points and a team playing for essentially very little money in football terms we have seldom been prouder of our side - we fight to the end !

2 hours ago, BriggRam said:

I'm going to post with my Football head on.......if we lose to Boro on Saturday, I don't think footballing wise it's that bad.....hear me out....there are fixtures you look at and you say we can win that, draw that, lose that, Boro are a good side, and doing well, so losing up there wouldn't be catastrophic and shouldn't knock the belief the players, management and fans have in our fight to stay up, we have other teams to play we should be more hopeful of beating.....the only disappointment I would feel is losing to them because of my total dislike of there chairman and the bragging rights there fans would have.....but I feel we would still have the last laugh....we will still stay up, and they will miss out on the playoffs, I don't care if it is Forest that beat them to the playoffs so long as Boro don't get in them, I haven't had such disdain for a club since QPR..........would be great to beat them Saturday and after last night we do have chance, I believe our group of players can achieve anything now......They Are Derby County And They Will Fight Till The End...COYR ???

Pretty accurate summary which I would imagine many will share.

If we were to win, the points would be secondary to the feeling of beating Steve Gibson's club. 

Sounds mad when we're in a relegation battle, but as you say, these are not expected points to be picking up.

Put 21 points on the board and we would only be 6 points behind, but that doesn't tell the full story, their position now is largely down to recent form and improvements under Wilder.

They went to Old Trafford and ok they cheated with the handball, opened themselves up for a lawsuit, loss of revenue, they actually deserved to go through on their performance.

Great manager Wilder, gutted his success will = Steve Gibson success, and you can be sure success will come for them both.

Why couldn't they just bring Pulis back, or even had gone for Steve Bruce ?