The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I mean, I do think IF there was someone willing to front £7m to keep us running until the end of the season that there would be more people than the ever-reliable Alan Nixon running the story. It's huge news. 

I'll wait to see what transpires tomorrow. 

You say that but him and Percy are the only ones to have gone with this story the whole time. Most media outlets are still reluctantly if at all covering it, so wouldn’t surprise me if it was only him to know this. But he also said at the start of the week Ashley was talking to Gibson which seems to have been a non story. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Rich Riley looks to have limited funds, essentially a very successful CEO within the tech industry, but not with anything that he's created, ala King Games, which leads me to believe he's a very well paid employee - usually a long way off what's required to run a multi-million pound football club, without considering the insanely high level of debt hanging over the club. 

I just hope, if he does put the money in, that he isn't over-stretching himself where it becomes quickly obvious that it's going to deplete his life savings and means we're just kicking the can down the road. 

Apart from basically founding Yahoo

6DD3DA82-E54B-4E48-8E3B-91E949452D7C.png

I've just done a lot of bedtime reading of Rich Riley's current company Origin Materials. It's seriously well-funded and a significantly growing company. As of the end of September, they had an order book of $4.2bn and the company has assets over $500m. It also looks to be an extremely profitable company in the past 12 months, roughly $30m in profit between July-Sep 2021. 

I'm not sure of his significance with regards to personal fortune, again it looks to be a position he was hired into. It was founded in 2008 and he's been there only a year. Either way, he's definitely in the very highest echelon of his profession. 

The administrators’ job is to work with all parties and get the best outcome for DCFC.
The administrators have received 3 QC opinions to the effect that the claims are unlikely to ever succeed in a court of law. They also stand by the view that the claims should not stand as Football Creditors and are working with the EFL to confirm/clarify this.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/scg-quantuma-meeting-thursday-20th-january-2022-11am-via-ms-teams/

Apologies if this has already been covered, but,

Are the admins are only seeking (and/or presenting) the opinions sympathetic to DCFC's cause? Seems unlikely

Are the EFL getting any legal opinions with regards to this? 

Are SG/RC getting *independent* legal opinions with regards to their claims?

Edited by Animal is a Ram
Added source and made post less inflammatory

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I’ve never known anything in my life where over a course of a week I’ve gone through the emotions of high literally every hour.

From last Friday morning until now (and I imagine another week or so until I know we are safe for the season) it’ll continue and it’s horrible.

Every hour there is a positive story and a negative story. I think we’re safe, I think we’re not. Like many others, I tend to scroll through this thread looking more for embedded articles as they tend to tell me more or get those hopes up or down.

I hate this.

Know exactly what you're going through friend.

This morning, before the flood of statements, while we were waiting for news, I posted this...

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Awww - Come on!!!

stomp.gif.61ede71ba34b9ab9c4ea7d22ec7fec68.gif

I can't sleep, can't eat, can't work, can't think of anything else, the wife and kids won't talk to me, the cat runs the other way, I've ran out of alcohol and chocolate.

Somebody - please - tell us the club is saved!

Then the EFL statement and the anti-Mel rant from Gibson made me plummet to the depths of despair, thinking they're so entrenched, they're intent on killing this football club through a vendetta. Just playing games.

But then - a glimmer of hope - the Nixon story about Riley's seven million lifeline. And suddenly, I'm starting to believe again.

It gets better with news that Everton are interviewing experienced managers.

What a roller coaster. What will tomorrow bring?

I just want it to get back to being all about football. COYR ?

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Watch this (it’s far more than just the MP’s speech) and try not to well up. I dare you.

I didn't well up to that.

I did well up when I read @B4ev6is post on here yesterday, about how life wasn't worth living without Derby.

That should be the post that is shared and retwitted.

Anyone else picked up on the fact the minutes published tonight state “there are still three interested parties” 

So who is the third one?

1) Appleby with Riley Rich, Morgan, Moxley behind him.

2) Ashley - no idea who his supporting cast is/would be for the actual ‘doing’ roles

3) ???

It can’t be Kirchner and it surely can’t be that Cryptocurrency rubbish before Christmas.

Any ideas?

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Anyone else picked up on the fact the minutes published tonight state “there are still three interested parties” 

So who is the third one?

1) Appleby with Riley Rich, Morgan, Moxley behind him.

2) Ashley - no idea who his supporting cast is/would be for the actual ‘doing’ roles

3) ???

It can’t be Kirchner and it surely can’t be that Cryptocurrency rubbish before Christmas.

Any ideas?

possibly Gadsby plus others.  That's gone quiet.