Bristol City (A) Matchday Thread

roboto

12 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Agree with most of that. I would definitely have Williams & Ebosele in from the start - Williams' athleticism likely to suit us more than Forsyth & his passing couldn't hardly be worse. Like you say, Byrne hasn't done anything wrong but Festy is just more dynamic. Also agree with Kazim up top as an 'out ball' with Knight & Lawrence staying close when delivery comes into him.

Where I differ is in formation - Bristol City tend to play a 3-5-2 so to have two centre halves matched up against two front men (Martin & Weimann generally) leaves us exposed if we want Williams & Festy to play high up the pitch. Therefore I would go to 3 centre halves to give us insurance with Stearman getting the nod after some impressive sub cameos.

Elsewhere I'd bring in Allsop for Roos. Clearly both have made errors but Roos is looking particularly jittery at the minute & Allsop did look good in the October league matches until that rush of blood late v Luton

image.png.86c0fd6c8f03c830a1f1fb009e35b6c1.png

While I agree with most of this. Weimann is a threat with his pace. Fortunately, even our aging backs can stave off any run from Martin.

My first game this season.  Live about 3 miles outside of Bristol and on the right side too, so an easy bus journey saves the parking hassle and expense. How will I recognise fellow forumites??

Ashton Gate used to be a real sh*thole particularly for us away fans.  To be fair they've made a good job of the refurb (we're now at the other end of the ground) so all a bit more palatable.

Whoever we play I always fear teams including our ex-players.  Weimann and Martin both doing OK this season apparently. At least Paterson has moved on now.

Was there for the 3-2 evening defeat just pre (first) lockdown.  Spirited fightback from 3-0 down!  Let's hope WR has lifted spirits after the QPR reverse and we can turn them over.  That will make the chat with my City loving postie so much more fun on Monday morning.

Going to Cardiff two weeks later and Reading two weeks after that.  Then hopefully up to PP for a home game.

COYR! (Rams, not Robins...)

RLJ

On 02/12/2021 at 14:48, TINMANTED said:

i'd have him back in a heart beat,unfortunately,they would want abut £2-3 mil.did we really let him walk and end up with nothing,striker or money?

I don't imagine his wages were low. We ended up with a lot more money to spend elsewhere by letting him go

3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Noticed that Jack Stretton wasn’t with the U23s last night against Chelsea. 
Unless he’s injured, that must mean he’s with the 1st Team for todays game.

All Louie Sibley was in the U23s so it looks as if he has slipped out of the squad altogether ?

Hopefully Stretton gets a chance, I think there’s a lot more to come form him.

Such a shame for Sibley, in the last couple of games we’re starting to play in a way that should benefit him much more than before.

Edited by Ramarena