Discriminatory abuse

PistoldPete

I never saw or head any brother from our fans or theres but does not mean it did not happen who ever said need to warned if it continues they will get a 2 year ban from all grounds and any home games and if they are season ticket get taken away from them.

8 hours ago, jono said:

It amazed me back in the early eighties as a young man. I was getting some work experience in a Scottish iron foundry.

I couldn’t believe, in what were then “modern times” that the Catholic / Protestant thing .. was a thing.

Toolroom was Protestant. Light machine shop Catholic, melting shop Catholic. Heavy machine shop and fettling shop Protestant. First question I was asked … “are you a pape or a praddy” .. bizarre 

Sadly it’s still a big thing , you then had a thing where English football hooligans were forming Alliances with rangers on the back of the Northern Ireland situation and anti ira thing ,,, went up for the rangers v Ayr united cup final many years ago ( dad was Ayr ) and loads of rangers fans were wearing England shirts and singing England though Ayr have no particular connection to any side of the religious thing unlike the hearts / hibs and others ??‍♂️,

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's the kind of thing that particularly stupid people do.

I've given up trying to find a reason for prejudice, irrespective of the type, other than it's somebody to blame as an excuse for one's own failings.

Traditionally it’s a fear and stupidity thing , people scared of anybody different and scared to go against the herd 

37 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Maybe it’s to do with bonfire night when we annually celebrate burning a catholic terrorist to death. 

It’s amazing the woke brigade haven’t got hold of that one yet.

Guy(Guido)Fawkes got wracked, Then jumped from the ladder when being hung...so technically suicide, Others were Hung, Drawn and Quatered.

Bloody Mary...Burnt over 300 religious dissenters, She was a Catholic.

As an aside, Jeff Stelling on Sky Sports yesterday commented that Ebosele was Irish...he got a backlash on "twitter"...the Wokes are getting very sensative ?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Sadly it’s still a big thing , you then had a thing where English football hooligans were forming Alliances with rangers on the back of the Northern Ireland situation and anti ira thing ,,, went up for the rangers v Ayr united cup final many years ago ( dad was Ayr ) and loads of rangers fans were wearing England shirts and singing England though Ayr have no particular connection to any side of the religious thing unlike the hearts / hibs and others ??‍♂️,

Sadly these old conflicts are very deeply ingrained and become part of an individuals identity and values and political/ national allegiance. Whilst some enlightened people work hard to break down the barriers there are those who don't miss an opportunity to widen the divisions and keep the flames of mistrust and conflict alight. Yours is an interesting post, @Archied, and I find myself wondering what the current demographics are where this kind of tribal behaviour occurs.

I believe the no surrender came back in the 80’s when English fans were running riot across the world. Some Rangers fans were looking at setting up a Scottish firm but had two problems. 1. They hardly qualified for any tournaments and 2. When they did they ended up taking a load of blokes wearing tartan skirts and ginger wigs and no one could take them serious. So the Rangers fans decided to do what could only be described as an act of treason and sided up with the English. That is where the chant came from.

16 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Always good to have it confirmed that football yobs are just ignorant, thick as poo, fake designer gear wearing ********.

I'm presuming this is done via some internet printing company??

Just imagining them emailing back 'Dear Mr Dyer, we would just like to confirm the order of 100 sticky labels and you are sure that whilst it's 'ben-der' the rhyming couplet 'surren-dur' is spelt in the way indicated? Obviously we understand if it's poetic licence but just wanted to double check to ensure the quality of our work, as refunds are not available as per your consumer rights under the Trade Descriptions Act'