Discriminatory abuse

PistoldPete

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I have heard football fans singing about No Surrender to the IRA, so I think it something to do with being anti catholic. What that has to do with football I have no idea.  

It's been sung at football since the 80s, Now those that sing it have picked it up from old war stories.

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

The same reason there was anti Argentina songs, German Bomber songs, Half if not all wouldn't have a clue why they sing these songs.

The war I get but anti-Pope stuff? Most of them have probably not even been in a church!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Coming from a club who have a significant number of fans regularly chant about someone being a sex offender, I think maybe we would probably do better to accept that all clubs has its idiots...

This tbh. 

Those songs about Billy Sharp and Nigel Doughty should embarrass all of us.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Yet this was left by our fans at Barnsley....

621558730_IMG-20211106-WA0001(1).thumb.jpg.5e3222b90e6cfa194daa5bc2c2c8389f.jpg

DUR !!!!!!!!!!

dumb-huh.gif

Strange as a huge chunk of  our support is historically catholic since the 50's and 60's, including a number of true hard cases who may have had those who stuck that up eat the breezeblocks.  Shame they didn't encounter a couple.

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just to confirm it was from millwall fans and not our own?

Some of our equally moronic lot have hardly covered themselves in glory have they 

It doesnt say it's Millwall fans. But last time we played at Millwall there was controversy of course.  

1 hour ago, Archied said:

No ,, it’s a rangers / celtic thing 

It amazed me back in the early eighties as a young man. I was getting some work experience in a Scottish iron foundry.

I couldn’t believe, in what were then “modern times” that the Catholic / Protestant thing .. was a thing.

Toolroom was Protestant. Light machine shop Catholic, melting shop Catholic. Heavy machine shop and fettling shop Protestant. First question I was asked … “are you a pape or a praddy” .. bizarre