Discriminatory abuse

PistoldPete

I haven’t been to a Supers game for a couple of years and the one thing that struck me at Barnsley this week was the shear amount of little young vermin we have following this mighty club now. 
is It that I have all of a sudden got really old…? I’m not so sure. 
At Barnsley, they were horrible, vile little creatures….but was It exactly what I was like in the 80’s….probably?

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Is there a reason for the British Rail logo? That's the one that's throwing me. 

Maybe it was someone who works in the rail industry. And even during the moments they have to spout their ideology, they cannot help but plug the great rail industry they love so much.

33 minutes ago, Crewton said:

So is the general consensus on here that, although a Derby player appears to have received discriminatory abuse yesterday, the real issue is that our fans have done worse? Cos I'm a bit confused... 

I'm not reading that at all and haven't seen any comments denigrating the seriousness of the allegations made yesterday nor condoning the allegations in any way, shape or form. 

Edited by Tyler Durden
Can't spell

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's the kind of thing that particularly stupid people do.

I've given up trying to find a reason for prejudice, irrespective of the type, other than it's somebody to blame as an excuse for one's own failings.

Social identity theory? In-group vs out-group? 

Those explain a lot IMO.

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Oh, I agree, but all of the whataboutery has completely obscured what happened yesterday. 

Has someone had some abuse? I thought this was about poor spelling on some British Rail sticker.

Not much to say on the abuse because it happens week in week out and who can account for what comes out of someone else’s mouth. Tough sentences for offenders or large fines may make people think twice but it’s the mind set that needs to change. All I can say is I don’t or won’t say anything discriminating to anyone at a football match or anywhere. If you ask me the people who do say it look complete ? ends.

53 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

Isnt it a pisstake?? The spelling gives it away and the fact its a sectarian thing and were nothing to do with Rangers or Celtic. 

Cmon someone will be really laughing theyre taking it seriously on Dcfcfans

Course it’s a pisstake. Everyone knows the Pope is a paediatrician not a bender.

29 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Oh, I agree, but all of the whataboutery has completely obscured what happened yesterday. 

True. But problem is we know very little of what happened yesterday. I suppose the club is protecting the Derby player by not naming him, which is fair enough. And we don't know what was said or who said it.

42 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

True. But problem is we know very little of what happened yesterday. I suppose the club is protecting the Derby player by not naming him, which is fair enough. And we don't know what was said or who said it.

There's plenty of people on Twitter though identifying the player and describing the most likely point at which it occurred. 

I'd suggest, perhaps, that in 2021, anti-catholic/Irish Republican abuse is not the societal problem that discrimination based on skin colour is (which, I'm guessing, is what happened here) but the sticker?poster? at Barnsley has attracted far more comment and has, IMO, obscured what happened yesterday, on this particular thread.

'Nuff said.

Can I just point out that the statement made on the club's website still refers to the fact that a member of the playing staff was subjected to alleged discriminatory abuse - this may be the club properly waiting for the Met Police to investigate the allegations and then waiting for their findings before issuing another statement. 

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I haven’t been to a Supers game for a couple of years and the one thing that struck me at Barnsley this week was the shear amount of little young vermin we have following this mighty club now. 
is It that I have all of a sudden got really old…? I’m not so sure. 
At Barnsley, they were horrible, vile little creatures….but was It exactly what I was like in the 80’s….probably?

Totally agree about our new vermin followers. It's been building for a few years now. Personally I think they're worse than their 80s counterparts. There's a cocky misplaced arrogance about some of the scroats who follow Derby now that I don't remember being there years ago. One incident that stands out from one of my last away trips (I won't go away again) - on the way back from Peterborough one of our 'ultras' couldn't wait to go to the toilet, kept hammering on the loo door and then decided to pee in the carridge in front of a young family who had returned from a holiday, suitcases etc, turned to us and said 'we're all Derby aren't we?' Never felt so ashamed to support Derby. The same geezer and his mates fortunately got their comeuppance at Birmingham City by attempting to 'take' a pub in Digbeth. On this occasion I was glad to witness them spill out of the boozer, wild west style by a much older group of Blues. From what I've heard, a similar thing happened in a Coventry pub the other week too. 

14 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

this s*x offender chant is every where now, i dont get it. sung at welsh game and heard it on the united city game yesterday, cant remember who it was at but  heard it clear on TV

Would probably refer to the Man City player who is currently on remand charged with related offenses.