Discriminatory abuse

PistoldPete

Nice to see the Facebook lynchmob are well and alive on this forum.

I made the point a couple of days ago that the club statement quite rightly said it was allegations at this stage and The Met police were undertaking their investigations.

But already some folk have decided guilt and punishment and branded the club accordingly.

So much for innocent until proven guilty. 

FWIW, I've never seen a fanbase so confused about what racism actually is. Miwaw that is. I plucked this gem from their forum, the same bloke who said his son had heard the abuse and that it wasn't good. I think he genuinely believes that he's not a racist and would quite probably come to the aid of someone being racially abused. But when you can come out with this line :

duck BLM and duck the racists. You don’t have to pick a side. You can hate them both.

you still have a long way to travel. And he's one of the more "enlightened" posters.

BTW You should see what they say about Doreen Lawrence and her son's murder. They have a private MB now, so I imagine the worst stuff is hidden away, but "know your place" is the general sentiment, expressed in traditional South London fashion.

I have met decent Millwall fans who say that "we're not like that", but when push comes to shove there's still a massive problem there.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

I plucked this gem from their forum, the same bloke who said his son had heard the abuse and that it wasn't good. I think he genuinely believes that he's not a racist and would quite probably come to the aid of someone being racially abused. But when you can come out with this line :

you still have a long way to travel. And he's one of the more "enlightened" posters.

Not sure how you concluded that, isnt he literally condemning the racists?

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

FFS! What lynchmob (sic)? You're pulling people for pre-judging and / or overreacting, then referring to those you yourself are judging as a lynch mob. Talk about a lack of self-awareness ? 

I was making a statement about prejudging an event when the club clearly has stated these are allegations at this point, their words not mine. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was making a statement about prejudging an event when the club clearly has stated these are allegations at this point, their words not mine. 

My understanding of written English is passable, thanks. As such, I stand by my response. There's no 'lynch mob' just folk expressing their opinions. If anyone was baying for blood, I'm quite confident I'd be able to spot them.

11 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

My understanding of written English is passable, thanks. As such, I stand by my response. There's no 'lynch mob' just folk expressing their opinions. If anyone was baying for blood, I'm quite confident I'd be able to spot them.

Don't know why you even replied for the value it added but to paraphrase yourself let's just leave it here. 

Edited by Tyler Durden
Can't spell

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What concerns me more is that I deliberately depersonalised my statement yet you saw fit to direct my quote to one poster, why you did that is beyond me....don't know why you even replied for the value it added but to paraphrase yourself let's just leave it here. 

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Nice to see the Facebook lynchmob are well and alive on this forum.

I'd say that's pretty specific AND personal but more pertinently, wholly unnecessary. But have it your way. I'm now passed caring.