Who would you like as new DCFC owner?

therealhantsram

Who would you like as new DCFC owner?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's a measure of how desperate a position we find ourselves in that, not only are people even entertaining the idea of Mike Cashley, around 50% are voting that he's their preferred option.

Listen to the well intentioned Toon and Ipswich fans regarding Ashley and Evans.

There is sufficient interest that we can choose a better option. Ok, it may take a little longer and we may lose some of the academy crown jewels in January, but we must think of the long term. 

We want stability. But let's not over correct. We still want ambition.

Ashley just wants an advertising platform. We want an ambitions, entertaining football team. They're not mutually exclusive but nor is the former wholely dependent on the latter - as clearly evidenced by Newcastle United.

24 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I think it's a measure of how desperate a position we find ourselves in that, not only are people even entertaining the idea of Mike Cashley, around 50% are voting that he's their preferred option.

Listen to the well intentioned Toon and Ipswich fans regarding Ashley and Evans.

There is sufficient interest that we can choose a better option. Ok, it may take a little longer and we may lose some of the academy crown jewels in January, but we must think of the long term. 

We want stability. But let's not over correct. We still want ambition.

Ashley just wants an advertising platform. We want an ambitions, entertaining football team. They're not mutually exclusive but nor is the former wholely dependent on the latter - as clearly evidenced by Newcastle United.

Actually there’s one thing that the majority who have voted for Ashley want and that’s a future for Derby County- all the other things you mention are ‘nice to haves’ for a club in a far better position than we find ourselves…..

10 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Actually there’s one thing that the majority who have voted for Ashley want and that’s a future for Derby County- all the other things you mention are ‘nice to haves’ for a club in a far better position than we find ourselves…..

Understood.

I fluctuate from blind panic to relaxed calmness.

Probably only the Administrators truly know how bad the situation is - that will determine whether or not we can be at all selective.

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

Did we ever discover who the dream ticket was that was muted to being interested some months back ? . Where are they now . 

Total guess work.

Apparently it was someone with links to a leading football agent.

Then you see Aldridgre and Cook, both having links to Kia Joorabchian and you wonder if that was the dream ticket all along.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

Really not sure why all the Mike Ashley hate. Seems to me that he has his head screwed on, and knows how to operate sustainable businesses. Not going to get much better I would suggest unless there is some US Franchise Billionaire who wants to put their toe into the waters of the English lower divisions.

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Really not sure why all the Mike Ashley hate. Seems to me that he has his head screwed on, and knows how to operate sustainable businesses. Not going to get much better I would suggest unless there is some US Franchise Billionaire who wants to put their toe into the waters of the English lower divisions.

agree, imo he's similar to Levy at Spurs. Runs the club and it's finances superbly. It's the fans who are the issue, most demand £40+ million pound signings when the owners know it's not poss.

Both highly successful businessmen who use their experience excellently in applying it to running their clubs.

I think ultimately I want to see the club run without the need for a rich benefactor propping us up. I see people keen on the next millionaire taking us over, but that didn't work last time. 

If the choice is being run in the championship at a deficit, or lower league at break even, I'll take the second one thanks. 

21 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

agree, imo he's similar to Levy at Spurs. Runs the club and it's finances superbly. It's the fans who are the issue, most demand £40+ million pound signings when the owners know it's not poss.

Both highly successful businessmen who use their experience excellently in applying it to running their clubs.

It's all down to how good a manager they can pick. It's not like Ashley/Levy have starved their clubs of investment, its down to how it's spent - init Mel?!

All options mentioned seem credible and would run us sustainably. Garry Cook and Jez Moxey are misleading, they are front men only, the key is who are the they the front men for?! Is it one of the American big boy owners mentioned with links to either Florida or Charlotte?

I went for Moxey, because he’s part of the Andy Appleby/Sam Rush business buying football clubs for investors, whoever is behind them will be credible. But there’s an unknown there.

Ashley and Evans are both known quantities, not had good press. Both worth plenty of Money, both run football clubs sustainably, ambition can be questioned but they would both sort us out. Evans actually put a lot of money in with Ipswich when he first took over but Roy Keane and Paul Jewell spunked it all. Then made some poor managerial calls post Mick. 

I don’t think we can be choosy in our predicament. We were all fearing losing our football club (some still are) we need a steady Eddie right now.

Although the best option would be a local benefactor worth £500m+, is a fan of the club and dreams of getting us to the premier league and is willing to spend millions to get us there………

To be successful we need a nation state, ran by a dictator with a dubious human right records who needs a football club to better their image, Kim's North Korea is the most obvious but they are broke. Puttin's Russia have got deep pockets so could do as well,  but Vladimir is a bit careless with the Novichok, so that could be an issue. There's got to be some dodgy country somewhere waiting for us

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

I think ultimately I want to see the club run without the need for a rich benefactor propping us up. I see people keen on the next millionaire taking us over, but that didn't work last time. 

If the choice is being run in the championship at a deficit, or lower league at break even, I'll take the second one thanks. 

It doesn’t matter whether they have millions or not. It’s running the club properly and not throwing good money after bad. If someone comes in with a big wedge so be it but run the club properly. A short term bit of financial help may be required but we can’t go back to how things have been run over the last few years. 

5 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

has he???

they got relegated twice in his time, and have struggled to stay in the premier league each season.

Relegation twice in a 14 year reign of which the rest were in the prem? 12 years of the 14 spent in the premier league…. Not established whatsoever! 

and I’m fairly certain that you’d much prefer that to the state we’re in now. 

by the way, I’m not saying he is my ideal, however we would be very comfortable under Ashley, and that is a fact. 

Edited by samwcave

I would like anybody that is willing to take on this Club in the current mess and look to make it sustainable. I can't believe anybody that says they'd rather be liquidated than have someone like Mike Ashley in charge, it simply can't be true. It's like when people say "I can't think of anything worse than..." or "I've had the worst day ever" because they dropped their coffee that they just paid £3 for.

If Mike Ashley comes in after all the uncertainty, then we'd be at least looking towards some certainty. If someone unknown comes in, with unknown funds and unknown intentions, how long before we might have to go through all this again? Newcastle fans have come on here to say how bad the football was and how unenjoyable seasons have been in the Premier League by scraping survival, or finishing in the middle of the bottom-half, then boo hoo.

If somebody like Mike Ashley came in and turned us in to a team who plays regular PL football, given the alternative future we could possibly face scrapping out in the lower divisions, then he would be very highly regarded here.