Who would you like as new DCFC owner?

therealhantsram

Who would you like as new DCFC owner?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Yeah because like most fans they think owners should be blowing billions on players 

They were not expecting billions to be spent on players. They were just wanting some form of progress or ambition. Newcastle have been fighting relegation every season and Ashley rarely bought more than 1 player each year, sometimes none at all. He was happy to just remain where they were. 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

They were not expecting billions to be spent on players. They were just wanting some form of progress or ambition. Newcastle have been fighting relegation every season and Ashley rarely bought more than 1 player each year, sometimes none at all. He was happy to just remain where they were. 

I was talking about owners in general not just 1, my bad?

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Mike Ashley’s MO is to come in at the last minute, gazumping all other buyers. If he has any plans to buy DCFC , it will be later in the process.

That's true, but I have a feeling he isn't really interested in DCFC. Ashley's main objective at NUFC was always to run a fairly tight ship,  and sell on for a profit. It's taken a lot longer than he envisaged. Derby County would be an even longer project and we don't even have recent Premier League status. Potential buyers will be aware that Mr Morris really 'pushed the envelope' to get DCFC in the top flight, all to no avail.  

5 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

In the Premier League? Yeah, I would be too.

1 hour ago, europia said:

That's true, but I have a feeling he isn't really interested in DCFC. Ashley's main objective at NUFC was always to run a fairly tight ship,  and sell on for a profit. It's taken a lot longer than he envisaged. Derby County would be an even longer project and we don't even have recent Premier League status. Potential buyers will be aware that Mr Morris really 'pushed the envelope' to get DCFC in the top flight, all to no avail.  

Arguably it should be relatively quick to get DCFC's value to increase for anyone to make a profit, even if you allow for relegation and 2-3 years to get back up, a couple of years back in the Championship after that and I'd say we would already be worth more than now, sanction free and on a level playing field, yes some player investment would be required but keep the academy intact and I wouldn't expect us to be in the doldrums too differently to either of our previous 2 dalliances outside the top 2 divisions.

Get near the top end of the table/flirt with the prospect of promotion and it changes the landscape yet again.

I certainly wouldn't expect it to take >14yrs, but i also doubt Ashley is ready to dive straight back into football 

Given, the structure of English football today, the height of my medium term hopes for our club is to establish ourselves as a PL club a la the majority of the Jim Smith-Lionel Pickering years. The minimum hope is that we can return to being secure in the Championship, but hopefully with expectations of challenging for promotion most years. In the middle of this, becoming a yo-yo club in the shorter term would be exciting.

To deliver this, I wish for an owner with a proven track record of experience in sustaining a club within my expectations. The owner would have sufficient capital to undertake the task and a realisation of the absolute necessity of operating within the constraints of profit and sustainability, so that we never in his or her stewardship find ourselves enveloped by the current cloud of worries that hangs over us. He or she would not be prepared to recklessly gamble on our future.

Of course, Mike Ashley fits the bill perfectly. Our fanbase does not have the unreal expectations that he faced at Newcastle., where most of the fans have called for his departure for years. If he took over and delivered to us within the scope of my expectations, he would be loved at Derby, rather than loathed. He would learn that a fanbase can be appreciative of an owner. I see him as tailor-made to take us over. I just hope he's interested.

So for me, I see it is a no-brainer. I would welcome Mike Ashley to Pride Park with open arms.

Edited by Guest
grammar and spelling

11 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

where's the ambition though?

Ambition is measured on a club by club basis, Man Utds ambition is to win the Premier League, Norwich's ambition is to stay in the Premier League.

Before the administration our ambitions were always to be like Burnley, Wolves, Crystal Palace, Southampton a stable (for the most part) mid-table Premier League club.

It's nice to dream in football but you have to be grounded and realistic as well, the teams I listed above and Newcastle are also in this bracket mostly get this, mid-table and if Europe (Europa) is close than that can be considered an excellent season but it seems Newcastle fans ambitions are more in line with the Man Utd, Chelsea etc and that's unrealistic.

56 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

Ambition is measured on a club by club basis, Man Utds ambition is to win the Premier League, Norwich's ambition is to stay in the Premier League.

Before the administration our ambitions were always to be like Burnley, Wolves, Crystal Palace, Southampton a stable (for the most part) mid-table Premier League club.

It's nice to dream in football but you have to be grounded and realistic as well, the teams I listed above and Newcastle are also in this bracket mostly get this, mid-table and if Europe (Europa) is close than that can be considered an excellent season but it seems Newcastle fans ambitions are more in line with the Man Utd, Chelsea etc and that's unrealistic.

It doesn’t seem so long ago since Charlton fans wanted Curbishley out because it was time for them to  “ move to the next level “ .

5 hours ago, Retro_RAM said:

Norwich's ambition is to stay in the league your right. But if they had more or less been a premier league club for the last 20 years like Newcastle, they would probably start to change their ambition and aim a little higher. 

1 hour ago, TheSlate said:

Why? Sam Rush was undoubtedly the catalyst for our recent successes (if you can call them that). Also found not guilty of ridiculous accusations, etc. What's your beef?

He wasn't found anything either way. He and the club reached a settlement, the details of which (as far as I'm aware) have never been disclosed.

He never even specifically denied that he did the things he was sacked for, just that it wasn't a breach of FD, gross misconduct, not 'wrongdoing' and not worthy of being sacked for.

Edited by Coconut's Beard