Who would you like as new DCFC owner?

therealhantsram

Who would you like as new DCFC owner?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mike Ashley is thoroughly disliked by a lot of geordies and a toon fan living in Derby said careful what you wish for but ….

Like him or not he ran Newcastle like a business and I’d give my right arm for that at our club …I don’t beleive Newcastle was right for him but at this moment in time I think he’d be good for us …he’d steady the ship and give Rooney some funds no doubt …you have to look at the two clubs separately 
Newcastle : massive fan base and high expectations of winning the league based on what exactly ? Ashley still supplies funds for some hefty transfers yet net spend was 10m apparently…for me not the right fit

Derby: crying out for some cash input and stability and at a reported 25m is peanuts to Mike Ashley …he could takeover put some money in keep us afloat and inject some new life into the club and still run it like a business like he did at Newcastle …I hear the fans at Newcastle and a lot didn’t like him but is he such a bad fit for us ? Really? At least we’ve heard of him and know he’d hopefully be here for a few years and not asset strip the place 

I think at this moment in time the Rams is a good fit at the right time  for both parties 

just my views 

Edited by S8TY

On 10/10/2021 at 13:40, B4ev6is said:

I think we need someone with very very very deep pockets and leave roony someone with deep pockets.

But they would also need to have very very very long arms. It would narrow the search down to be fair. Always a good idea to think things through to a logical conclusion. I used to think that I would simply need to find a girlfriend / wife who had small hands. As I rapidly approach 60 I recognise that them wearing thick glasses is now equally essential.

4 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

yes, he also appointed the managers and paid the wages of squads that got them relegated from the premier league.

12 years in the prem, 2 relegation followed by instant promotion as apposed to us over the last 14 years, lowest points total and not been seen in the prem since 07/08.

I know which one i'd prefer.

52 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

12 years in the prem, 2 relegation followed by instant promotion as apposed to us over the last 14 years, lowest points total and not been seen in the prem since 07/08.

In 2007/08 four of our 11 points came against whom?

Take the money and run sun

Take the money and run

That’s the way that it’s done son

Take the money and run!

Edited by Brammie Steve

3 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

yes I would obviously prefer that as well.

I'm just trying to say, there's a reason Newcastle fans were so unhappy with him.

I was all aboard the Mike Ashley hate train thanks to media portrayal but had to stop and think what has he actually done that is so terrible.... and it turns out I can't find much, apparently the biggest issue was the Pardew eight year contract, which is bonkers but not head-chopping-off-other-owners comparable. 

Ok, Newcastle got relegated under his tenure (twice was it?) but straight back up they went, he allowed Rafa to leave whilst they were in the Championship (I mean come on, keeping Rafa in the Championship would surely be an easy task??) and has run the club on an even keel.......

Geordies to me seem to think they're self entitled to a top 6 finish every year. 

6 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I was all aboard the Mike Ashley hate train thanks to media portrayal but had to stop and think what has he actually done that is so terrible.... and it turns out I can't find much, apparently the biggest issue was the Pardew eight year contract, which is bonkers but not head-chopping-off-other-owners comparable. 

Ok, Newcastle got relegated under his tenure (twice was it?) but straight back up they went, he allowed Rafa to leave whilst they were in the Championship (I mean come on, keeping Rafa in the Championship would surely be an easy task??) and has run the club on an even keel.......

Geordies to me seem to think they're self entitled to a top 6 finish every year. 

Rafa didn’t leave when they were in the Champ. He left a couple of seasons later I believe 

15 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Rafael Benitez (good manager but wanted a spending spree to challenge the Man City's etc and unlike Mel, Ashley was not going to gamble)

Exactly this. Imagine if Ashley had gambled and then Covid hit and the state of Newcastle was the same as Derby? Instead they've been brought and are now the richest club in the world. We're skint.

I think the fact that Ashley has left them in such a good position is massively overlooked by the Geordies. He'll get no credit for what they're going to go on and do.

Whoever the new owner is its got to be run sensibly, no more wage bills bigger than the turnover of the club, no more excessive transfer fees, continue the good work developing good young players. No more hire and fire managers, just appoint sensibly and support within limits.

Its not really rocket science is it? ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Whoever the new owner is its got to be run sensibly, no more wage bills bigger than the turnover of the club, no more excessive transfer fees, continue the good work developing good young players. No more hire and fire managers, just appoint sensibly and support within limits.

Its not really rocket science is it? ?‍♂️

The first thing I would do is to tackle player recruitment.