Who would you like as new DCFC owner?

therealhantsram

Who would you like as new DCFC owner?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You're aware we currently can't pay any of our bills? Mike Ashley leaves Newcastle in a financially stable position. 

Exactly. Whatever the ups and downs of the team the club has been a model of stability during Ashley's fourteen years of ownership. He's also left the club in a position which will allow the new despots/owners to spend a lot of money over the next few years without being caught up in F.F.P..

5 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Exactly. Whatever the ups and downs of the team the club has been a model of stability during Ashley's fourteen years of ownership. He's also left the club in a position which will allow the new despots/owners to spend a lot of money over the next few years without being caught up in F.F.P..

Sustainability can only be achieved through a responsible experienced owner as Mel Morris proved.

I however voted for The Binnie Bros/ Carlisle Group, they’re loaded ??????????

I would like to see a new owner that ain't a fan. A businessman who has a good record of making money with some connections to sports. A football club should be run like a business. Make sound investments and planning to grow step by step. Too much emotion could hurt a club. People tend to grow love their businesses so there would be enough emotion that way.

Mike Ashley isn’t stupid enough to leap out of a frying pan and straight into a fire. Newcastle fans were harsh in their treatment of him imho. They have always been a nothing of a club with amazing support and always will be. It doesn’t matter how much money they have. The worlds best players will never live in Newcastle. They may get to top 4/5 but no higher. If he came to Derby( he won’t) but we should  consider ourselves extremely fortunate indeed. Don’t kid ourselves. We are a basket case of a club and should be happy to even be linked with a bloke of his proven business acumen 

I wonder if we will ever find out who the other serious parties were once a new ownership group is confirmed?

Will be like Bullseye...here's what you could have won....take it away fellas....

Edited by Yani P

22 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Who owns Brentford? Anyone who sells us Jozefzoon whilst en-route to sustainably getting promoted seems to have the right idea.

One thing about Brentford I like is that they think how they can make the club go forward and do so without worrying that no one has come up with this idea before. Of course Mel's lot did the same and now we are in administration.?

I do think Ashley's a massive bell-end but he knows how to run a sustainable club.  His philosophy to buy young players with potential to sell on is always good in theory but it can only be a success with good scouting.  I wouldn't mind whoever came in if they immediately turf sons of owners/managers out the door and put in place a solid, far reaching scouting system.  We haven't had a good success rate at finding cheap gems since Simon Clough was here.  As a fan I'd always be more excited about signing an unknown like Idiakez than a (supposed) world beater like Jacob "The Smiler" Butterfield...

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Over 30% of this forum currently voting for Mike Ashley. 

Mike. 

Ashley. 

He's the only one apart from Marcus Evans who might actually use his own money to fund the purchase. The others seem likely to use a levered buy-out model, which I'm not a fan of at all, particularly for a club like ours without the international profile to expand income massively.

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

He's the only one apart from Marcus Evans who might actually use his own money to fund the purchase. The others seem likely to use a levered buy-out model, which I'm not a fan of at all, particularly for a club like ours without the international profile to expand income massively.

Would you be happy with Skeletor owning the club as long as it was his own money? Not leveraged against castle Grey Skull or whatever his property empire is called these days.

26 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure where you’ve got that from but it definitely wasn’t a Newcastle fan.

Newcastle United are one of the biggest clubs in this country. They got relegated twice under Ashley, and the best manager they’ve had in years ditched them for China because working with him was so arduous. What about his tenure appeals to you? Honestly?

I’d also encourage you to read into the way Sports Direct employees are treated and decide if that’s someone you want running your football club (all 50% of you who are picking Mike Bloody Ashley).

Spot on yoof, One owner takes on workers and gives them a wage, While another owner doesn't like to be criticized and gets killed.

Jesus Church GIF by Sebastian Schick

I saw an item on one of our fourms where Marcus Evans may throw his hat in the ring to take over at your club.    Listen up and do whatever you can to ensure this never takes place.    Evans may be a businessman, he may have involvement or control within other aspects of industry but has never, and can never, hope to succeed within ownership of a 'football' team.

His 14 years with us came at a heavy price.   Took the club name down to third league status for first time in some half a century, appointed one crap manager name after another, time and time again, did not invest in new players  and never spoke out or was seen to be seen when the fans really needed help at it's most.    At times it seemed he just didn't care.

Was kept in place with us for far more years than what was necessary.  Came on board after Sheepshanks in 2007 and was expected to steer the club back to something achieving, but took the club in the opposite direction.    Fans were overjoyed when he finally left in the summer although some were thankful for his services.

Don't allow Derby County to follow this route, forewarned is forearmed.    It looks like we'll be playing you again next season and while i'm looking forward to it and wish it once again at higher level, do whatever you can to make sure Evans is not coming back to Portman Road when you make the trip over and do the right thing, hire someone else to take ownership.    Mike Ashley too, can't really speak for that name but realize he has amounted a lot of hostility and anger with previous clubs he's been involved at.  

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would you be happy with Skeletor owning the club as long as it was his own money? Not leveraged against castle Grey Skull or whatever his property empire is called these days.

Ashley is a long, long way from being the most disreputable owner in English football. He's certainly not my ideal, but If you want to wait around for a model, squeeky-clean bidder, you might have a long wait and, in the meantime, DCFC in its current form will be no more.

2 minutes ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

I saw an item on one of our fourms where Marcus Evans may throw his hat in the ring to take over at your club.    Listen up and do whatever you can to ensure this never takes place.    Evans may be a businessman, he may have involvement or control within other aspects of industry but has never, and can never, hope to succeed within ownership of a 'football' team.

His 14 years with us came at a heavy price.   Took the club name down to third league status for first time in some half a century, appointed one crap manager name after another, time and time again, did not invest in new players  and never spoke out or was seen to be seen when the fans really needed help at it's most.    At times it seemed he just didn't care.

Was kept in place with us for far more years than what was necessary.  Came on board after Sheepshanks in 2007 and was expected to steer the club back to something achieving, but took the club in the opposite direction.    Fans were overjoyed when he finally left in the summer although some were thankful for his services.

Don't allow Derby County to follow this route, forewarned is forearmed.    It looks like we'll be playing you again next season and while i'm looking forward to it and wish it once again at higher level, do whatever you can to make sure Evans is not coming back to Portman Road when you make the trip over and do the right thing, hire someone else to take ownership.    Mike Ashley too, can't really speak for that name but realize he has amounted a lot of hostility and anger with previous clubs he's been involved at.  

I agree entirely regarding Evans.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Ashley is a long, long way from being the most disreputable owner in English football. He's certainly not my ideal, but If you want to wait around for a model, squeeky-clean bidder, you might have a long wait and, in the meantime, DCFC in its current form will be no more.

I get your point, but I would be happy to wait for one that is at least better than Ashley before selling the future of our football club.

Also, I should point out, that this is a poll with multiple ownership options. A multiple choice question…and the vast majority of this forum are actively picking Ashley?!? What is going on. 

I can only assume it’s because people are assuming he is the wealthiest and picking him, despite the well catalogued history.