Who would you like as new DCFC owner?

therealhantsram

Who would you like as new DCFC owner?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Have to wonder about Sam Rush given we now know we shouldn’t have trusted a single word that came out of Morris’ mouth. 

I'd give Sam a chance. 

Some of the deals he'd signed look very good in retrospect.

George Thorne at a smallish upfront payment, and add ons taking it to £4m total over time seems prudent enough in retrospect.

2 hours ago, I am Ram said:

A bit like us and Jim Smith .

Not really. Jim built a fantastic team but was in decline when he left which was sad.Think he suffered when McClaren left . Had the opportunity to be DOF but turned it down. Bad choices to replace him caused us problems after that. 
Not a criticism of the BE I was a massive fan but towards the end it was right for him to step down.  

Sam Rush + players under the wasserman umbrella... No thanks.

Mel Morris was reckless for splashing the cash like a kid in a candy store. But it was Sam Rush alongside our dire recruitment team who actually signed the dross.

If Morris had splashed the cash with a system like Brentford's in place we'd be an established top 10 PL club now.

But instead we got Wasserman dross.

And the contracts were ridiculous. It's well documented how Darren Bent triggered a year extension in his own contract without Morris even knowing about it. Incompetence all round.

3 hours ago, I am Ram said:

A bit like us and Jim Smith .

I don't recall any great clamour for Jim Smith to be replaced (apart from Barnsley away, early in the 95/96 season). If there was, it was only the inevitable knee jerk as we were down in the relegation zone. 

On 10/10/2021 at 14:00, samwcave said:

You say this, but I think we would have a comfortable life under Ashley. He has a poor reputation for Newcastle, but in all fairness he established them as a lower premier league side. Would you not take that? I certainly would. 

If we were better run, sure, we could be a lower PL side. With money, we could be higher.
But Newcastle? No they should be better than that. As we shall see 

53 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If we were better run, sure, we could be a lower PL side. With money, we could be higher.

Mike Ashley ran Newcastle like a profitable business.

Their fans hated it largely because they have delusions of grandeur over how supposedly big their club is and they want a figure who will splash the cash. I don’t see how they’ve been run any differently to somebody like Everton or West Ham.

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

1. No they shouldn't. Don't believe the hype.

2. As we'll see? How exactly? 

All you'll see is the equivalent of some ugly old dosser with a rotting teeth and a serious BO problem turning up to a party in a Jaguar with a 20 year old model in his arm telling everyone how how mummy always told him he was gorgeous and could have his pick of the girls, it just took winning £250m on the lottery before everyone else realised.

Any success Newcastle have from now on isn't evidence of their real status or proof that they deserved it all along, it's artificial BS.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

All you'll see is the equivalent of some ugly old dosser with a rotting teeth and a serious BO problem turning up to a party in a Jaguar with a 20 year old model in his arm telling everyone how how mummy always told him he was gorgeous and could have his pick of the girls, it just took winning £250m on the lottery before everyone else realised.

Any success Newcastle have from now on isn't evidence of their real status or proof that they deserved it all along, it's artificial BS.

You really don’t have a high opinion of our Geordie brethren Coconut. What’s happened did Tracey and San the Fat Sl*gs turn you down for a threesome on your last visit ? 

58 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

You really don’t have a high opinion of our Geordie brethren Coconut. What’s happened did Tracey and San the Fat Sl*gs turn you down for a threesome on your last visit ? 

?

Can't say I'm particularly keen to refer to people who celebrate being bankrolled and controlled by a regime known for state sponsored beheadings as 'bretheren' tbh.

I mean if their own fans want to big them up, OK I guess it's understandable, but fans of other clubs sucking up to them and making out they're bigger than they are? No thanks.

11 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

All you'll see is the equivalent of some ugly old dosser with a rotting teeth and a serious BO problem turning up to a party in a Jaguar with a 20 year old model in his arm telling everyone how how mummy always told him he was gorgeous and could have his pick of the girls, it just took winning £250m on the lottery before everyone else realised

You absolute beastly rotter...... 

Crushed my last remaining dreams..... ?

On 16/10/2021 at 08:52, Coconut's Beard said:

19/20 season 7th highest average attendances in the PL (over 35,000) despite Ashley pushing so many fans away. 

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

19/20 season 7th highest average attendances in the PL (over 35,000) despite Ashley pushing so many fans away. 

And? So what?

In the same season which Newcastle averaged just over 35k while finishing 13th in the PL Sunderland, their only real rival and a fanbase who've genuinely suffered,  averaged just over 30k finishing 8th in League One. 

Newcastle are now the scummiest club in the land and should be reviled by all. The notion that they've somehow regained their identity by signing up to become the ultimate example of sportswashing is laughable in the extreme.

8 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

And? So what?

In the same season which Newcastle averaged just over 35k while finishing 13th in the PL Sunderland, their only real rival and a fanbase who've genuinely suffered,  averaged just over 30k finishing 8th in League One. 

Newcastle are now the scummiest club in the land and should be reviled by all. The notion that they've somehow regained their identity by signing up to become the ultimate example of sportswashing is laughable in the extreme.

I agree, their new ownership is a problem. But that’s a different point - you jumped on me because I said they are a big club. Nor was I saying Sunderland are minnows, in fact I didn’t mention them. 

6 minutes ago, ram59 said:

According to Lascelles, Ashley has made them play the wrong way for the last 6 years, I thought that was down to the manager. He's glad that the new owners have come in, I wonder if he'll still feel that way, when a new player gets his place in January?

Wonder if he blamed the new owners for making them lose to Spurs yesterday?