Long Keogh piece in the Guardian

ariotofmyown

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What do you mean ?

Read the stuff he says - and then think of ALL the things that aren't mentioned. "Then came the ill-fated decision. Keogh had missed his lift home..." ? Jack-a-bloody-nory.

No mention of taxis, seatbelts, him being captain - the player he doesn't name (a v young player!), etc etc

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wow what utter baalocks from Keogh. 

I will probably get absolutely shot down for this but the the club, fans and players have been all though so much I think it’s time to let bygones be bygones.  For a large number of reasons the club hasn’t covered it’s self in glory and we would all cry foul if the wider football world were to condemn us to eternity for our misdemeanours. It’s a personal choice and the world isn’t a very forgiving place these days but I’m glad that Keogh accepts time is a healer and still has a place for Derby in his heart.

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

I will probably get absolutely shot down for this but the the club, fans and players have been all though so much I think it’s time to let bygones be bygones.  For a large number of reasons the club hasn’t covered it’s self in glory and we would all cry foul if the wider football world were to condemn us to eternity for our misdemeanours. It’s a personal choice and the world isn’t a very forgiving place these days but I’m glad that Keogh accepts time is a healer and still has a place for Derby in his heart.

...and his wallet.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wow what utter baalocks from Keogh. 

It may or may not be true, but it's entirely believable. I'm sure loads of us have had a few more beers than we realised and maybe not put a seatbelt on. After a few beers, it's hard to know if the person driving you has actually been drinking too, I would assume they hadn't. It's then incredibly unlucky to be involved in a bad accident, and get your knee smashed up.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

It may or may not be true, but it's entirely believable. I'm sure loads of us have had a few more beers than we realised and maybe not put a seatbelt on. After a few beers, it's hard to know if the person driving you has actually been drinking too, I would assume they hadn't. It's then incredibly unlucky to be involved in a bad accident, and get your knee smashed up.

Absolutely. And then to take no responsibility for it. Who poured the drinks down his throat? 

Yeah I've got no sympathy for him either. I don't agree with the way the club treated Lawrence and Bennett seperately and sadly hes spot on about his assessment of why they weren't sacked but that doesnt change the fact they are all professional athletes getting paid a small fortune. Part of that luxury has a sacrifice that you don't do things which significantly impact on your physical health. Ironically I suspect the club would have had every justification to sack Keogh had he been the driver fleeing the scene not the passenger. The fact they didnt sack the other 2 significantly undermined their case vs Keogh. 

23 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

He sued us for a huge amount of money after he ducked up and got himself injured. It is certainly not time to let go, duck Keogh.

29 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Got to say I found the idea that cars had been laid on for them a bit sceptical, it never really made sense aside maybe having a bit of a deal with a local taxi service. 

Overall there’s some things I’d agree with and some things I wouldn’t but I don’t think he’s talking nonsense or anything. It’s his truth and it’s fair enough. 

CM19 is a notable exemption from Keogh’s pals list, at one time they were seen to be the good friends.

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Got to say I found the idea that cars had been laid on for them a bit sceptical, it never really made sense aside maybe having a bit of a deal with a local taxi service. 

Overall there’s some things I’d agree with and some things I wouldn’t but I don’t think he’s talking nonsense or anything. It’s his truth and it’s fair enough. 

CM19 is a notable exemption from Keogh’s pals list, at one time they were seen to be the good friends.

It's nowhere near the truth.

20 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He sued us for a huge amount of money after he ducked up and got himself injured. It is certainly not time to let go, duck Keogh.

Fair enough, I did say it was a personal choice and I don’t condone what he did but it’s  clear we sacked him and not the others for reasons that are all too obvious now. Most people would probably sue for unfair dismissal in such circumstances. Personally for myself enough time has passed and I can think positively of what he contributed to the club. I 100% accept that some people won’t give him any quarter.

Edited by Orphanram