Long Keogh piece in the Guardian

ariotofmyown

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

If he really did have any lasting affection for the club he wouldn't be releasing this story at a time when he knows we're up against it.

Presumably he has his compo in his back pocket and wants a little sympathy as well.

Me, me, me.

Or may be he hasnt and tries to get his retaliation/negotation in first with the admins

1 hour ago, Orphanram said:

I will probably get absolutely shot down for this but the the club, fans and players have been all though so much I think it’s time to let bygones be bygones.  For a large number of reasons the club hasn’t covered it’s self in glory and we would all cry foul if the wider football world were to condemn us to eternity for our misdemeanours. It’s a personal choice and the world isn’t a very forgiving place these days but I’m glad that Keogh accepts time is a healer and still has a place for Derby in his heart.

He can baalocks.  I hold him in the same regard as cat turd I've run over with a lawnmower.  Seen better stories on Jackanory.  Come back as a coach, holds Derby in high regard.  Get stuffed 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Our captain got himself injured during stupid drunken behaviour and then sued us. How exactly can you be on his side? He's a crap footballer now, never came back the same. Because of his own actions.

I'm on his side about being sacked. A fine would have been appropriate.

I'd still rather have had Keogh playing in CB instead of Wisdom at times last season. Or when we were desperate and had to play Forsyth there. 

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

ITK? If there is it would also answer rumours that those three weren’t the only ones in the car, something in that article tells me that rumour is true. 

I don't know how many were in the car, as far as I'm aware there was 3.

Thinking maybe he has employed Rooney's media manipulation experts that @Jourdanis so impressed with.

A couple of days after employees of the club get made redundant seems exactly the right time to put out a fluffy pity piece about how he has been blowing his nose on £50 notes that he only has a few million quid to show for sitting on his backside for 2 years.

16 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I'm honestly still on Keoghs side with this.

He should have been fined and that's it (which would have saved the club money overall given what eventually happened), and we may even have got some games out of him when we were short on players last season. He was found to have been wrongfully dismissed by law. The way Derby acted was probably a desperate attempt to save money as Mel's gambles all started to catch up to him. The way he was treated made a lot of our own players and former players dislike us, and maybe even stopped other players joining us.

Keogh was a good player for us overall and should have been remembered that way. Its just another thing Mel's ruined. Obviously Keogh takes some blame but if he was just fined he could have eventually recovered his relationship with the club.

I still don't fully understand how Bennett & Lawrence got away with fines and Keogh got sacked despite him just being the passenger. 

I understand he has a degree of responsibility as club captain, but i still feel/felt the punishment was over the top, as proved in a court of law. Your point about Mel trying to save money and seeing it as an opportunity to get Keogh off the wage bill seems to make sense now. Ironically it's actually ended up costing us a lot more money which pretty much sums up Mel's running of the club to be honest. 

Lawrence was more at fault than Keogh for the 'incident', yet Keogh gets sacked for not being a good club captain essentially. Fast forward a couple of years and Lawrence now gets promoted to club captain?. Could only happen in Football! and even more so, could only happen at Derby?

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

The article says there were two others besides Lawrence and Keogh in the vehicle. And of course Bennett on his own in another car.

I think one of the other two passengers is pretty much confirmed at this point. Haven't got a clue who the last one is and I really don't want to speculate.

6 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I'm on his side about being sacked. A fine would have been appropriate.

I'd still rather have had Keogh playing in CB instead of Wisdom at times last season. Or when we were desperate and had to play Forsyth there. 

I'll see your lame old donkey with blame issues and a wallet full of cash he collected sat on his arse and raise you Bragstaad and Claude Davis as better options.  Poor as they were at least they could actually put some boots on.  Better vision as well, as they can tell the difference between someone drinking lager and someone drinking water.  

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

I was told at the time there was youth player in Bennett's car and another one in Lawrence's. I was told the names but won't say them on here. I was also told RK initially gave a false name to either the ambulance men or the Police.  

24 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

The article says there were two others besides Lawrence and Keogh in the vehicle. And of course Bennett on his own in another car.

I think one of the other two passengers is pretty much confirmed at this point. Haven't got a clue who the last one is and I really don't want to speculate.

The thick idiot says he doesn’t want to name them then drops one right in it with a name drop in the same article ? I’m so glad the brainless moron is out of our club.