Long Keogh piece in the Guardian

ariotofmyown

12 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

"Hey Derby fans,

Really sorry your club has gone into administration but I still deserve my multi million pound payout because my leg hurt a lot & as I was the innocent victim here, I've decided to do a PR piece focusing on me & how your money is helping to compensate me. Lots of people in football agreed with me - here are their names. I've employed a life coach to look at certain aspects of my character but obviously still can't take any responsibility for my role in what happened. Pretty unreasonable for me to notice how leathered my driver was, to put on a seltbelt or remember that as a senior player & captain, perhaps I should be acting as the grown up here. Obviously still love Derby & would be happy to be paid by the club again in some capacity in the future."

Utter contempt.

Brilliant ? ??

I would like to know who that life coach is, so I could avoid ever recommending them to anyone!

3 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Another cost saving shower of **** from Morris. Honestly the man has made Derby look terrible for years. Keogh was a great servant of the club. He made a big mistake but, they all did and they all deserved the same punishment. 

Great servant my arse .I just don’t get that he did anything of note on the pitch.I thought he was one of the least skillful blokes ever to wear a Derby shirt ,yet some thought he was brilliant Ffs.He’s gone to right place now ,the sand will be good for his joints.Donkey .Rich one but still a Donkey.

That smacks to me as "Enjoy your redundancies, suckers"!

The lousiest of lousy timing... so no shock there then, Richard!

I know absolutely nothing of the facts of that night, but I suspect there's some "misinformation" in there, and some "missing information", too!

When you are 100% in the right, the natural response is to sit smugly in silence.  A case of "I know what I know, and I know what is right"

Only someone with a guilty conscience feels the need to air "their version of events" so publicly.

Very much a case of hero to zero for me.  He's one of the very few ex-Rams I would happily and actively boo.  In fact off the bat, I can't actually think of any others right now, so he's certainly number 1 on that list! 

Hey Richard...  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  ?

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If MM had sacked all of them he might have won. Just sacking Keogh was always going to be v risky. Smacked of convenience 

But that isn't the point. They were all guilty of misconduct so the club were entitled to sack them all.. and also entitled to make a commercial decision to keep them all, notwithstanding their conduct.. which they did but in Keogh's case that meant reduced terms which he refused. 

The proper legal test is whether the conduct was bad enough to warrant dismissal.. and for professional footballers to go out and get drunk and break the law I would say in all cases yes it was . 

The "optics" as the Guardian rather unfortunately puts it are irrelevant. The optics for Keogh was that he was club captain on a team bonding session.. saying he didn't know Lawrence had been drinking is just pure tosh. You spent the evening on a team bonding session and you are leaving a pub and in any case as I say he was club captain, it his job to watch over players.

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If MM had sacked all of them he might have won. Just sacking Keogh was always going to be v risky. Smacked of convenience 

They would all have been treated the same if they all had been able to fulfill their contracts or all NOT fulfill. Two could, one could not. The one who could not was offered a temporary reduction in pay, a salary that 99% of us could only dream of, he was offered full medical support and physio to recuperate. This wasn’t good enough for him. He only won his case because he went to the EFL. No employment tribunal would have offered full loss of earnings. Ni sympathy fro me. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

But that isn't the point. They were all guilty of misconduct so the club were entitled to sack them all.. and also entitled to make a commercial decision to keep them all, notwithstanding their conduct.. which they did but in Keogh's case that meant reduced terms which he refused. 

The proper legal test is whether the conduct was bad enough to warrant dismissal.. and for professional footballers to go out and get drunk and break the law I would say in all cases yes it was . 

The "optics" as the Guardian rather unfortunately puts it are irrelevant. The optics for Keogh was that he was club captain on a team bonding session.. saying he didn't know Lawrence had been drinking is just pure tosh. You spent the evening on a team bonding session and you are leaving a pub and in any case as I say he was club captain, it his job to watch over players.

The points an independent industrial tribunal would have considered most salient are "could he have prevented the injury to himself and could he still do his job?" 

They would undoubtedly have found for the club. 

That the EFL Player Related Dispute Commission found for the player is no big surprise and is actually a travesty of justice! Interesting that on this occasion the EFL itself had agreed with us.

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Nixon says Keogh has been paid in full?

I doubt that’s true, for one, he’s just released this statement due to legal reasons. He realises he’s not getting his compo so dna null and void.

also, Nixon said he’s been paid in full.  That’s enough for me to say he hasn’t.

Thank God for that!  You wouldn't want his DNA passing down the generations!  Shudder the thought!  ???

46 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Mason Mount was Keoghs taxi whilst he was at the club so they obviously formed a good friendship. But I’d be embarrassed if I was club captain and was having to have a teenager pick me up for training. 

But I mean what sort of man doesn’t drive nowadays, especially somebody of his ilk. 

I think the time when Keogh would be welcomed back into the club was when he got a season ticket next to Mel Morris. 

#moneygrabbingWanchor

Not really relevant,if he chooses not to that's kinda fair enough

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The optics for Keogh was that he was club captain on a team bonding session..

I suspect it was the Optics that caused most of the problems.... 

One of our "good friends" on OTIB claims to have received more truthful information from a regular at the Joiners present on the night. Some of what he claims about the behaviour of Keogh and other players backs up what many of us will have heard (he could of course simply be repeating rumours picked up from forums etc). Other more serious allegations he alludes to have, I think, been disproven by the consequences (or lack of) arising from the club's own investigations. I'm certainly not going to repeat them here, but I think there's enough "smoke" to reasonably conclude that Richie Rich ain't telling the whole truth. 

51 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

But I mean what sort of man doesn’t drive nowadays, especially somebody of his ilk. 

4 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Not really relevant,if he chooses not to that's kinda fair enough

He's having a great week, to be fair.  All that money, and doesn't even need to queue for overpriced petrol!  Result! 

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

I suspect it was the Optics that caused most of the problems.... 

One of our "good friends" on OTIB claims to have received more truthful information from a regular at the Joiners present on the night. Some of what he claims about the behaviour of Keogh and other players backs up what many of us will have heard (he could of course simply be repeating rumours picked up from forums etc). Other more serious allegations he alludes to have, I think, been disproven by the consequences (or lack of) arising from the club's own investigations. I'm certainly not going to repeat them here, but I think there's enough "smoke" to reasonably conclude that Richie Rich ain't telling the whole truth. 

Anybody who follows the WAGS on Insta has a pretty good idea of what constitutes a fun on a night out involving Keogh. I cringe when I see some of those videos and feel for the poorly paid staff who have to put up with it all.

Must admit, it influences my opinion of his character.

I'm going to shut up now because I am just working myself up again. Didn't know I still felt so strongly about it after all this time.

Aging man decides to recapture his youth by getting “down” with the kids, acts a fool, plan back fires, incident occurs, short period of trauma followed by return to normal with a big payout. 

Was disappointed when some of our fans booed Ince the other week but I would wholeheartedly support our fans reminding Richard of the absolute banker he is whenever they’re in his presence.

Half Baked Boo GIF

I always liked Keogh and I’m glad he’s in a much better place. However, I thought part of the healing process was to account for your mistakes - and he hasn’t. 

A few of the lines from the interview just don’t add up. We’ve all been to Joiners Arms, it’s absolute baalocks that he wouldn’t have known what Lawrence was doing. Not to mention the video of half the team watching Bennett throw up in the urinal. Therefore, as we know that is absolutely undeniable ********, it casts doubt over everything else he’s claiming. 

It’s not even close to being the worst mistake anyone has ever made in the world, and he got his money, so why even come out with this obvious propaganda! 

Whilst I often disagree with some comments on here, the general view is normally shared. This is completely different for me. I am on the side of Keogh more than the club. 

He is a young (in all real world comparisons) footballer who has grown up in the football vacuum. You only need look at Rooney to see the poor decisions people in the vacuum can make. I believe the Club have a huge responsibility to nurture and shield these players. I look at this situation and I can only blame the club. It was a team event, these players are worth a lot of money the Club should have looked after them better, it's that simple. 

I employ a small team, if I organised a pi$$ up and some had driven I would be certain to make sure nobody drove home! Whilst they are valuable to be they are not multimillion pound footballers. 

I personally think sacking Keogh was disgraceful, whatever you feel about his ability as a footballer that's irrelevant. Imagine this was your workplace, switch the names and see how you would feel. He deserves his payout. For Lawrence to be retained and now be captain must make Keogh feel sick. 

Just to be clear, I am a Derby fan, love the club, but feel strongly that the Club was disgraceful in this case.