Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

6 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I still think this is being blown out of proportion by too much weight being given to Percy’s tweet/article. The statement by BAWT doesn’t seem half as sensational, and the key is getting a preferred bidder selected who is prepared to take the Middlesborough claim on (through the courts if necessary). They are owed nothing until a Court awards them such status. No Court is going to do that, and Gibson knows it. He will have no desire to waste money on Costs.

Starting to agree with you following that BAWT update. I’ve succumbed to Twitter hysteria ??‍♂️. I’m so disappointed in myself.

I think if it’s Mike Ashley involved, we won’t have any issues. He will do what he wants, he’ll get the club whatever the conditions and make something of it. He usually gets his way. He may well decide bring on a restructuring plan and -15 points next season if it means paying less if he thinks it won’t lead to long term issues.

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Starting to agree with you following that BAWT update. I’ve succumbed to Twitter hysteria ??‍♂️. I’m so disappointed in myself.

I think if it’s Mike Ashley involved, we won’t have any issues. He will do what he wants, he’ll get the club whatever the conditions and make something of it. He usually gets his way. He may well decide bring on a restructuring plan and -15 points next season if it means paying less if he thinks it won’t lead to long term issues.

Made me smile. I hope its Ashley too, but rather than take a pragmatic viewpoint I hope he comes in wanting to take Curly Sue for a really good short back and sides.

2019-20: Covid means league one season finishes early, based on points per game

League One finished with Coventry City as champions and Rotherham United as the other automatic qualifier.

Wycombe Wanderers overcame Oxford United in the final at Wembley to claim third place. Wanderers, who were amateurs until 1974 and have only been in the Football League since 1993, entered the second division for the first time.

So by luck more than ability, Wycombe got promoted to the championship.

14 minutes ago, Oldben said:

2019-20: Covid means league one season finishes early, based on points per game

League One finished with Coventry City as champions and Rotherham United as the other automatic qualifier.

Wycombe Wanderers overcame Oxford United in the final at Wembley to claim third place. Wanderers, who were amateurs until 1974 and have only been in the Football League since 1993, entered the second division for the first time.

So by luck more than ability, Wycombe got promoted to the championship.

Old news and irrelevant surely?

5 hours ago, Maharan said:

Absolutely. I can't understand why people are so annoyed by this, and the pitchforks are out for the EFL again. Yes, I understand the EFL are not popular, but this is just nonsense. 

As is the nonsense….’yes we agreed with your accounts 4 years ago, but we’ve changed our mind, so are now going to punish you for every year you did what we said was fine….because it’s not now. And you can’t have Covid help. And it’s ok for clubs to sue each other over results.”    
If you told me the EFL were planning on hiring Sepp Blatter as a consultant while making all teams in red start with and extra 10 points I wouldn’t dismiss it.  

39 minutes ago, R@M said:

If you told me the EFL were planning on hiring Sepp Blatter as a consultant while making all teams in red start with and extra 10 points I wouldn’t dismiss it.  

FFS, don't give them any ideas, (Rick Parry reads this forum I'll have you know)!

21 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Whilst I completely agree with you, it appears the issue is whilst this is ongoing the EFL cannot approve any sale as it needs to be a 'clean' club when coming out of admin.

Then the EFL need to say to both of them.. we applied penalties according to our rules, which you have also signed up to.

if you have a problem with that then sue us. .. The EFL can approve anything if they have the mind and integrity to do so. But they clearly seem incapable.  What I cannot understand is the passivity from the Admins, the so called journalists and even potential buyers. No one is questioning the EFL’s aggressive stance on this, no one is questioning them ? Why .. it isn’t all Gibson … where are the sage voices saying this is plain stupid ! 

I think there is a lot of self-interest (the likes of Millwall happy to pick up a player for a knock down fee), probably quite a lot of indifference & clubs don't care until it happens to them. So much for the unity of the football family.

The EFL could ask that Middlesbrough & Wycombe drop their claim for the sake of unity in the pyramid system & perhaps setting an unwanted precedent. Both are involved in promotion battles so I cannot see how our 'misdemeanours' have affected them in the long-term. The EFL probably have no real authority to do this, but perhaps a veiled threat that any club involved in a spurious claim against other, could see any possible promotion spot withheld, or savour having to deal with two fixture lists.

Can't see this working but it's like dealing with two naughty children who won't take no for an answer.

Edited by Asanovic70

18 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

I think there is a lot of self-interest (the likes of Millwall happy to pick up a player for a knock down fee), probably quite a lot of indifference & clubs don't care until it happens to them. So much for the unity of the football family.

The EFL could ask that Middlesbrough & Wycombe drop their claim for the sake of unity in the pyramid system & perhaps setting an unwanted precedent. Both are involved in promotion battles so I cannot see how our 'misdemeanours' have affected them in the long-term. The EFL probably have no real authority to do this, but perhaps a veiled threat that any club involved in a spurious claim against other, could see any possible promotion spot withheld, or savour having to deal with two fixture lists.

Can't see this working but it's like dealing with two naughty children who won't take no for an answer.

Send them to the naughty step to think about their transgressions 

This whole story has been bothering me for a while but now I got it why it feels so familiar.

We know that the plot of this madness revolves around the adventure of a lowlife from Middlesborough, who reads so many chivalric romances that he either loses or pretends to have lost his mind in order to become a knight-errant to revive chivalry of football and serve his club, under the role of CEO. He recruits a simple lawyer, some dude fom Wycombe, as his squire, who often employs a unique, earthy wit in dealing with his rhetorical monologues on knighthood, already considered old-fashioned at the time, and representing the most vivid realism in contrast to his master's idealism. This CEO dude, in the first part of the book, does not see the world for what it is and prefers to imagine that he is living out a knightly story.

Don Gibson, anyone? Not sure about you guys, but I'm happy to see us as a windmill.

10 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

This whole story has been bothering me for a while but now I got it why it feels so familiar.

We know that the plot of this madness revolves around the adventure of a lowlife from Middlesborough, who reads so many chivalric romances that he either loses or pretends to have lost his mind in order to become a knight-errant to revive chivalry of football and serve his club, under the role of CEO. He recruits a simple lawyer, some dude fom Wycombe, as his squire, who often employs a unique, earthy wit in dealing with his rhetorical monologues on knighthood, already considered old-fashioned at the time, and representing the most vivid realism in contrast to his master's idealism. This CEO dude, in the first part of the book, does not see the world for what it is and prefers to imagine that he is living out a knightly story.

Don Gibson, anyone? Not sure about you guys, but I'm happy to see us as a windmill.

B1A34962-F93F-4A37-80E4-8E65D2F6BE2C.gif

Gibson is trying it on. 

I know it, you know it. twit knows he’ll fail

But he has the backing of the EFL. 

So what can we do? Protest?

Or hope that Ashley/Appleby take him on?

Nothing?

Hopefully Gibson will back down

And duck off

Soon. 

And 

Possibly he’ll realise he’s being a twit.

Unless he’s happy being a twit?

But he deserves falling over into dog poo

Every day for the rest of his life. 

Hopefully our time will come

Even if it takes a few years

And we can put boro back in their place

Derby County will live on. 

18 minutes ago, tinman said:

Gibson is trying it on. 

I know it, you know it. twit knows he’ll fail

But he has the backing of the EFL. 

So what can we do? Protest?

Or hope that Ashley/Appleby take him on?

Nothing?

Hopefully Gibson will back down

And duck off

Soon. 

And 

Possibly he’ll realise he’s being a twit.

Unless he’s happy being a twit?

But he deserves falling over into dog poo

Every day for the rest of his life. 

Hopefully our time will come

Even if it takes a few years

And we can put boro back in their place

Derby County will live on. 

Worst poem I ever read.

2 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

But what you are missing is the fact the EFL is that straight faced angelic child at the back whispering encouragement to the thick bullies. 

I was watching The Vicar of Dibley over Christmas,and my wife and I were pointing out all the dead people in it.

When I got home from work today, my wife pointed out that one of the actors I'd identified as dead had only died today. 

Having been granted this unusual superpower, I'd like to offer my condolences to Mrs Gibson for her tragic forthcoming loss.