Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There was a business plan as part of the 9-point deduction settlement. I don’t remember there being anything about selling players thought. It was more to do with average wages and squad size.

It may well have had something in it about reducing wages through sales or some such, but I can't believe it's got a requirement to sell to first offer, and if it does it's not really enforceable as Birmingham proved - I think after appeals Brum got a letter saying well they didn't act to the letter of the agreement but nothing more.

No way the EFL will let this get to court.

If I am reading everything correctly, the only reason we failed P&S in 16/17 which would have meant a points deduction in 18/19, was due to the re-submission of the amortisation policy. This was signed off by both EFL and an accountancy firm.

If this goes to court, not only would they have to argue the money they lost from potentially getting promoted, but that this amortisation policy was incorrect and Derby alone were to blame for it.

This would get hugely messy for the EFL. If Derby were to lose, would there not be a claim for Derby against the EFL for their actions in this?

So its enemy action now from Gibson and the EFL.

We need to fight back with any means at our disposal. Lets start off legally by doing what we can to disrupt their daily business through peaceful actions. Letters, emails, texts, directed at all levels of Gibsons businesses, both football and non-football, all levels of the EFL hierarchy.

Maybe coordinate it, all write to one person at a time, all email the same person on the same day, I don't know, I'm making it up here and would need somebody far more intelligent than me to sort it all out.

We could start a private group so as not to get David in trouble, WhatsApp group, whatever it takes. We probably need a few hundred of us to make it as uncomfortable as possible for the people trying to finish our club to start feeling some pain.

What about writing to sponsors of the guilty parties to ask them if they are happy to be involved with destroying a founder member of the Football League?

We haven't got a lot of time and we need to do what we can as soon as possible. 

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Isn’t everyone making a tremendous leap (or perhaps I should say lurch) tonight, based on what? A Percy Tweet or two.

Rooney said on Saturday, supported by a tweet from @Owen87ITK, that he was able to do some contract extensions/reorganising, and was hopeful of bringing a new player in. That go-ahead must have been communicated by the Administrators, who in turn must have had some approval from the EFL.

Just chill your beans, and ignore Twitter. 

Unfortunately I-ram the game has changed since Saturday I think. Administrators were clearly confident they could resolve the Boro thing but EFL not supporting them, and now other clubs are whinging because we have the audacity to reject their low ball offers.

Sure we may be able to extend Jags and Baldock but I’d be amazed if we brought anyone in, too many clubs fighting against it. If we can’t have a preferred bidder named and an exit strategy approved then unless we can get funding from prospective buyer (can we do this if we haven’t finalised our exit plan I don’t know?) or MSD then we will be forced to sell.

Quantuma being shafted by Boro and the EFL, that’s the delay, it’s quite obvious now.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Unfortunately I-ram the game has changed since Saturday I think. Administrators were clearly confident they could resolve the Boro thing but EFL not supporting them, and now other clubs are whinging because we have the audacity to reject their low ball offers.

Sure we may be able to extend Jags and Baldock but I’d be amazed if we brought anyone in, too many clubs fighting against it. If we can’t have a preferred bidder named and an exit strategy approved then unless we can get funding from prospective buyer (can we do this if we haven’t finalised our exit plan I don’t know?) or MSD then we will be forced to sell.

Quantuma being shafted by Boro and the EFL, that’s the delay, it’s quite obvious now.

I understand from a source- don't normally do ITK- that Millwall have had a bid rejected for Lawrence on a deal for 18 months and maybe a whinger.  I assume they want him to replace Wallace who looks to be going.  

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I understand from a source- don't normally do ITK- that Millwall have had a bid rejected for Lawrence on a deal for 18 months and maybe a whinger.  I assume they want him to replace Wallace who looks to be going.  

Couldn’t blame Lawrence for turning that down if we even accepted it 

32 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There was a business plan as part of the 9-point deduction settlement. I don’t remember there being anything about selling players thought. It was more to do with average wages and squad size.

Thanks for the reminder. I think you're right.

Not sure how the EFL or any other clubs can moan or say anything even if we did bring someone else in. It would have to be within the current plan, if it is, then nobody can argue it. It would cost no fee and the wage would be with the weekly limit as well as the overall limit imposed.

Say Marshall was on 7k a week and leaves for nothing but we bring in Diallo for 4.5k a week which was our previous limit, we are saving 2.5k a week. 

It is the admins jobs to make sure we have enough money to keep going, if they think we can do that without selling a player who the hell are the EFL or other clubs to say otherwise.

On a side note, do we think Rooney receives any money a year from Man Utd? Maybe through image rights or being an embassador etc. He might not, I dont know. But if he does, a random thought, maybe he might personally waiver X amount of that himself and we get the loan player for nothing but the wages is covered by the money saved that would normally go to Rooney. Unlikely I know, but we did pay Ince's mum as a scout to cover his extra wages

Edited by DCFC1388

https://www.efl.com/-more/all-about-the-efl/

About the EFL

Formed in 1888 by its twelve founder members, the EFL (English Football League) is the world's original league football competition and is the template for leagues the world over.

This is the home page on the EFL website. Followed by a list of their sponsors.

Who's up for a social media attack? God knows I'm for a real attack but I'm guessing some will prefer a method that will result in less jail time to start with.

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

About the EFL

Formed in 1888 by its twelve founder members, the EFL (English Football League) is the world's original league football competition and is the template for leagues the world over.

Who's up for a social media attack? God knows I'm for a real attack but I'm guessing some will prefer a method that will result in less jail time to start with.

Let's go with the real attack, and work backwards.

I don’t think Gibson wants us liquidated, I see him wanting us to become non-competitive on the field by the end of the month via some sales of our better players. He will leave everything to last minute, then drop the case/accusations happy that he has condemned us to league one with. But will allow enough time for a buyer to take us on before we are truly economically unviable.

what really needs to happen is the admins should call his bluff and force him to take us to court by getting a buyer in now. If he had a case to throw at us he would already have done so, he doesn’t really want or expect £45m or liquidation, he just wants us in league one.

2 minutes ago, chipperram said:

I don’t think Gibson wants us liquidated, I see him wanting us to become non-competitive on the field by the end of the month via some sales of our better players. He will leave everything to last minute, then drop the case/accusations happy that he has condemned us to league one with. But will allow enough time for a buyer to take us on before we are truly economically unviable.

what really needs to happen is the admins should call his bluff and force him to take us to court by getting a buyer in now. If he had a case to throw at us he would already have done so, he doesn’t really want or expect £45m or liquidation, he just wants us in league one.

You give him too much credit, with too little reason for thinking so.

The mardy little scrote will do everything within his power to finish us off, like the the little coward he is.

He's the shitebag who hangs back in a gangfight, then wades in with a final kick to ironic cheers once the fight is over.

He needs to be taught a lesson by the bigger boys, asap.

First sponsor on the list is Papa Johns.

The CEO is rob_lynch@papajohns.com

then its SKYBET

Carabao

Cazoo

EA Sports

ebay

Football Manager

Lifebuoy

MIND

Puma

Smart Meters

utilita

Your Move

Do all these EFL sponsors want to be associated with driving a founder member of the football league under? We should find out!

21 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

About the EFL

I think we should at least start by changing the Bamford filter to Gibson. That’ll show him we mean business. Sort it out @David, Bamford isn’t half as much a Bamford as Gibson clearly is. 

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

You give him too much credit, with too little reason for thinking so.

The mardy little scrote will do everything within his power to finish us off, like the the little coward he is.

He's the shitebag who hangs back in a gangfight, then wades in with a final kick to ironic cheers once the fight is over.

He needs to be taught a lesson by the bigger boys, asap.

I don’t disagree about him being a scrote , I am just allowing emotion to fog my thoughts too much. I have already said he is a bully. Bullies never finish off their targets, they keep them hanging on. Why get rid of your fun......