Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

53 minutes ago, scout's dad said:

May 7th 2022 

We can (finger’s crossed) all rejoice in both Boro’s and Forest’s epic promotion bottle job.

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Nah, Forest will probably bottle getting to the playoffs well in advance of that.

26 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'll never get over the add I got shown of KFC in America where they did a chicken burger with fried chicken as the "bread" instead of "bread" - I like fried chicken but man.....

The 'Double Down', been in the UK a few times as a seasonal promotion now.

Pizza... Haven't had a Dominos or Pizza Hut in years. Never had a Papa Johns.

A good takeaway Pizza from somewhere like Delizia or Monmos on London Road is where it's at. The frozen pizzas at supermarkets by Crosta & Mollica are pretty good as is a Zizzi branded one. tbh a Tesco £1 deep pan meat feast is more than good enough for me.

All these fresh/chlled supermarket stonebaked base and 'make your own' pizzas I always find very disappointing.

Pinaepple? Yes please. There isn't a valid argument against it. The one ingredient that never ever ever needs to go on a pizza again (but bizarrely seems to be becoming more prominent)  is streaky bacon. Absolutely ruins everything around it with the grease.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

The 'Double Down', been in the UK a few times as a seasonal promotion now.

Pizza... Haven't had a Dominos or Pizza Hut in years. Never had a Papa Johns.

A good takeaway Pizza from somewhere like Delizia or Monmos on London Road is where it's at. The frozen pizzas at supermarkets by Crosta & Mollica are pretty good as is a Zizzi branded one. tbh a Tesco £1 deep pan meat feast is more than good enough for me.

All these fresh/chlled supermarket stonebaked base and 'make your own' pizzas I always find very disappointing.

Pinaepple? Yes please. There isn't a valid argument against it. The one ingredient that never ever ever needs to go on a pizza again (but bizarrely seems to be becoming more prominent)  is streaky bacon. Absolutely ruins everything around it with the grease.

Stuff like Dominos and Papa Johns isn't bad, but there's no way they can possibly justify the prices they charge. A decent local pizzeria will usually be better and cheaper. Also their topping selection is terrible. Cheeseburger pizza? You can stick that up your rear end Dominos. I'm amazed the Italians aren't dragging us through The Hague over that one.

54 minutes ago, jono said:

No mate, I just prefer thin ones that are vaguely Italian rather than pumped up American stodge. Oh no ! … you’re not going to tell me you like pineapple on Pizza are you ? This could get messy ?

You have a choice of bases at Dominos....

thin crust or the Italian base every time for me as I agree completely with your pumped up American stodgy sentiment.

1 hour ago, jono said:

No mate, I just prefer thin ones that are vaguely Italian rather than pumped up American stodge. Oh no ! … you’re not going to tell me you like pineapple on Pizza are you ? This could get messy ?

I don’t get why pineapple on pizza is even controversial when people have sweetcorn or even anchovies on a pizza

20 minutes ago, cannable said:

I don’t get why pineapple on pizza is even controversial when people have sweetcorn or even anchovies on a pizza

Pizza evolved mainly from Naples, and Anchovies have been a staple food in Neopolitan cooking for generations. There is nothing whatsoever controversial about anchovies on pizza. Pineapple on Pizza is a Canadian innovation and anything Candians do with food should be treated with suspicion, except perhaps for Beef Poutine. Mind you, Italians these days love putting chips on Pizza, so there's probably no taboos now!

48 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Pizza evolved mainly from Naples, and Anchovies have been a staple food in Neopolitan cooking for generations. There is nothing whatsoever controversial about anchovies on pizza. Pineapple on Pizza is a Canadian innovation and anything Candians do with food should be treated with suspicion, except perhaps for Beef Poutine. Mind you, Italians these days love putting chips on Pizza, so there's probably no taboos now!

Native Canadian pineapples?!?

I'm sure the folks over at OTIB are reading this. I have never seen a fan base have such an irrelevant, one sided hatred towards one club. A 121 page thread on us is completely baffling, as to me, Bristol City are a nothing club with absolutely no relevance towards Derby in any way, shape or form. Have I missed something historically?