Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I was a bit worried too, as I was right in the middle of it! 

I think we gave it a pretty rigorous stress test yesterday. ? 

It may have been a poorly built stand but we should be thankful that it wasn't the temporary one that was there afew year ago, when the stadium was being modernised. That would have collapsed under the strain of 4000 fans bouncing.

3 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

There's a load of chat at the start but some good footage later

Nice video, I was a little surprised that the girl at half time mentioned a couple of times our 'physicality'?!?

1 minute ago, angieram said:

We have been following FGR on our weekends off this year. Really looking forward to returning to the New Lawn with Derby County next year. 

They are a great club and fully deserve their promotion. 

It's also great that they've confirmed we'll be playing at Pride Park next season... ?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

We have been following FGR on our weekends off this year. Really looking forward to returning to the New Lawn with Derby County next year. 

They are a great club and fully deserve their promotion. 

FGR's success highlights the strength of value-based, ethical leadership. They are going forwards, meanwhile we, as a unethically led club without a proper strategy, have been heading to other direction.

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

FGR's success highlights the strength of value-based, ethical leadership. They are going forwards, meanwhile we, as a unethically led club without a proper strategy, have been heading to other direction.

Hmmm...on balance, that's probably a fair comment, though Private Eye have run many articles about Dale Vince over the years that suggest he's not so different from many other successful businessmen who own football clubs. 

I certainly wouldn't argue though that he doesn't run FGR very effectively. He clearly does. 

43 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Hmmm...on balance, that's probably a fair comment, though Private Eye have run many articles about Dale Vince over the years that suggest he's not so different from many other successful businessmen who own football clubs. 

I certainly wouldn't argue though that he doesn't run FGR very effectively. He clearly does. 

He also puts in shed loads of money, just like every club that does well. FGR are very good on environmental sustainability,  but they're not breaking even on turnover. 

It's a great club, though, with a lovely community feel. I hope we respect that.

On 01/05/2022 at 09:19, dog said:

My brother in law was watching the bounce and worrying about our health and safety. Apparently the stand wasn't built with that sort of behaviour in mind...

Yeah. Bouncing like that with a bladder full to bursting because of the lack of loos is one hell of a risk!

And I got away with it! ?

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

He also puts in shed loads of money, just like every club that does well. FGR are very good on environmental sustainability,  but they're not breaking even on turnover. 

It's a great club, though, with a lovely community feel. I hope we respect that.

The subtleties between being virtuous and virtue signalling can be easily blurred.

I remember the vegan fanfare from FGR followed by the squad pigging out at Gregg's on non-vegan products and dismissed it as being a bit virtue signalling.

But the way FGR have grown as a community club isn't to be dismissed as virtue signalling, it is a wholesome good thing.

A very likeable club with a very definite identify.