Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

image.png.5b52e747f909d5c91a9510d528605fca.png

I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere at Sheffield thanks to Derby fans. They’ve been fantastic in every game I’ve been to so far; I really hope we can keep the volume and the consistency going because it’s putting the heart, soul and life back into the Club at a time that the support is vital. 

19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere at Sheffield thanks to Derby fans. They’ve been fantastic in every game I’ve been to so far; I really hope we can keep the volume and the consistency going because it’s putting the heart, soul and life back into the Club at a time that the support is vital. 

It’s like back in the days of ‘that’ season. The worse our situation, the better our fans become. 

55 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s like back in the days of ‘that’ season. The worse our situation, the better our fans become. 

Exactly @TigerTedd it’s not the owners, it’s not the players and it’s not the managers. It is we who are Derby County through thick and thin, we have always stepped up when our backs are against the wall COYR ??

• 4 weeks later...

Couldnt find original thread but perhaps mods can merge. Terrible night but I have been heartened by the huge number of supportive messages under clubs posts and elsewhere from fans of other clubs tonight. Not for the board etc but towards us as fans and Derby as a football club separate to its ownership. Thanks to those genuine football fans

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Couldnt find original thread but perhaps mods can merge. Terrible night but I have been heartened by the huge number of supportive messages under clubs posts and elsewhere from fans of other clubs tonight. Not for the board etc but towards us as fans and Derby as a football club separate to its ownership. Thanks to those genuine football fans

Merged for you.

I think a lot fans will recognise and be cautious that they may be next. With modern football and the growing chasm between the top and the rest, this will likely be an ongoing trend.

We're not the first and won't be the last. Clubs can laugh if they like, but in reality like us, they're really only one game from poo or bust.

23 minutes ago, KBB said:

If fans of other clubs want to laugh, gloat and make fun of us, then let them. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference any way. They can fill their boots, have their laughs and say whatever they want. I don't really care. Their words have no impact.

Agree but mostly have not seen that

Genuine football fans realise what this means to ordinary people and it brings a certain unity. Leeds fans seem very pleased by the whole thing. I draw solace from the fact that that night still hurts them and it always will. You would have thought they would know better having had local people lose their livelihoods when it happened to them but obviously not. 

Edited by Steve Buckley’s Dog
I’ll do what I want, I’m Derby County, I’ll do what I want.

9 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Genuine football fans realise what this means to ordinary people and it brings a certain unity. Leeds fans seem very pleased by the whole thing. I draw solace from the fact that that night still hurts them and it always will. You would have thought they would know better having had local people lose their livelihoods when it happened to them but obviously not. 

Actually, i am relieved they are happy about our plight, would hate to have their sympathy.