Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I'm sure the folks over at OTIB are reading this. I have never seen a fan base have such an irrelevant, one sided hatred towards one club. A 121 page thread on us is completely baffling, as to me, Bristol City are a nothing club with absolutely no relevance towards Derby in any way, shape or form. Have I missed something historically?

I think some of them actually realise how close they are to being in our curent predicament and are simply looking for ways to deflect from that - if they can loudly say that we've done certain things wrong, then they can sleep soundly thinking that they will be safe.

It's pretty sad really - though you can understand it to a point - if you support a middling club that no-one outside the local area gives a monkey's about, fixating on another team that's grabbing all the media attention might make you feel better about your place in the football world.....

There are going to be a lot of clubs in trouble next season, the same fans that are jumping for joy at our predicament will be the same ones throwing a hissy fit toward  other fans laughing at their club when it happens to them. 

Birmingham is a prime example, Bristol are in big trouble, as are Boro 

chickens are coming home to roost ladies and gents, I hope you had a good laugh at our expense because it’s coming for you to

I think they've just got a thing about rovers being the only Bristol club anyone thinks about.

They try to be relevant to Cardiff and Swansea whilst Cardiff and Swansea only really care about each other (with old firm levels of loving affection).

Bristol, a nice bridge, a statue now pulled out of the harbour, the band portishead, some hipsters...no, no one thinks about Bristol as a football town.

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

I think some of them actually realise how close they are to being in our curent predicament and are simply looking for ways to deflect from that - if they can loudly say that we've done certain things wrong, then they can sleep soundly thinking that they will be safe.

It's pretty sad really - though you can understand it to a point - if you support a middling club that no-one outside the local area gives a monkey's about, fixating on another team that's grabbing all the media attention might make you feel better about your place in the football world.....

The same few bitter twisted individuals who only pick out the negative tweets, CK as put out a few tweets of what is happening yet they home into the one about season tickets which could go on sale in June, they cannot be sold till the takeover as happened. Do not wish on any other club what we have gone through but for poo city can make an exception, go on then boro as well hope they both fail ffp, Bankers

2 hours ago, Derbados said:

There are going to be a lot of clubs in trouble next season, the same fans that are jumping for joy at our predicament will be the same ones throwing a hissy fit toward  other fans laughing at their club when it happens to them. 

chickens are coming home to roost ladies and gents, I hope you had a good laugh at our expense because it’s coming for you to

I would love it if them clubs were punished as we were, but I fear rules will be changed to help clubs now.......the EFL have already implemented change halfway through the season and a couple of weeks after our second points deduction, for clubs on the brink of failings ffp to just be in the new threshold

3 hours ago, Jubbs said:

I'm sure the folks over at OTIB are reading this. I have never seen a fan base have such an irrelevant, one sided hatred towards one club. A 121 page thread on us is completely baffling, as to me, Bristol City are a nothing club with absolutely no relevance towards Derby in any way, shape or form. Have I missed something historically?

It is interesting how many clubs now seemingly have beef with us, even if we don't recognise it ourselves. Creating a lot more intrigue in our games for sure.

Forest, Fester (obvious ones)

Leeds (historical but with the added bite from the recent tussles we had in the Champ)

Boro and Wycombe (financial)

Sheff Weds (who think we should have been relegated in lieu of them)

QPR (seem to relish in putting misery on us).

Fulham (not got over 1983)

I daresay one or two others from our fan behaviour too (didn't cover ourselves in glory at Cov etc.)

Add in a lot of midland rivalries that we have, the likes of us and Stoke aren't on each others' Xmas card lists.

If you start throwing Bristol City and others in the mix (thus relegating us to Millwall levels of love) then we don't really have a friend left in football.

We'll have to start nicking Millwall's songs, "We're Derby County, no-one likes us, no-one likes us, we don't care...".

44 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

I would love it if them clubs were punished as we were, but I fear rules will be changed to help clubs now.......the EFL have already implemented change halfway through the season and a couple of weeks after our second points deduction, for clubs on the brink of failings ffp to just be in the new threshold

They already have.  Give us our two points back.

3 hours ago, scout's dad said:

Tough choice 

Salmon or pizza?

Actually I’ll take the box?

I had a smoked Salmon and Mascerpone pizza at an Italian resteraunt once. Was amazing.

A takeaway in south London did an avacado and banana one which was lovely.

Dominos is about 20 quid for 1 pizza. If you order about 50 pizzas though, only pay about 30 quid! They use the best ingredients on the first one obviously.

5 hours ago, cannable said:

I don’t get why pineapple on pizza is even controversial when people have sweetcorn or even anchovies on a pizza

A marinara has anchovies, not sure about sweet corn but the bottom line is that pizza was peasant food so in seaside areas you got fish, elsewhere you got other stuff, it’s our ploughman’s

Pineapple on pizzas Is a personal taste thing but I am a bit of a traditionalist .. that sweetness doesn’t  work with the salty savoury thing - for me .. chacun a son gout - I just like to joke about it because I heard an Italian in a pizzeria once, moaning about “Hawaiana” in full on stuffy culinary outrage 

Think the Villa forums is pretty much the only other club I can find that seem to have anything nice to say about the situation. Imagine how different it could have been if things had gone different at Wembley all those years ago.

Feel for Derby, they played pretty well today from what I saw (second half), very little in the game and even the goal came from Derby playing a sloppy pass which if they’d executed properly they’d have been in on goal themselves, fine margins and all that. 

Whilst on the surface I think it looks like Rooney’s done a pretty good job, in some respects he’s had it simple with limited resources, he’s not had the headaches other teams and mangers have in terms of keeping lots of folks happy and engaged, he’s not had to get involved in transfer dealings and he’s been somewhat immune from criticism because of the context of the points deduction. Be interesting to see how he gets on next season if he stays there and assuming they get taken over and get back on to some kind of even keel.

Respect to Rooney and the Derby players and fans. Hopefully the takeover goes through and they can come back up.

He said he turned down Everton so he has received some. Has done a fine job and should be proud of the effort

Jason Knight is a player we should be looking at

Shame Derby are going down now. Hope nothing worse, of course they should be punished for bending the rules but I hope at the very worst they are playing League One football and have decent owners. I do fear for them though. A decent club like Forest who shouldn't be falling down the leagues. 

Seems Rooney has hinted he will stay with a takeover, but I doubt that given how well he has done he'd probably get a few good offers elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Think the Villa forums is pretty much the only other club I can find that seem to have anything nice to say about the situation. Imagine how different it could have been if things had gone different at Wembley all those years ago.

It was all going so well until that last quote! ?

4 hours ago, Derbados said:

The sad thing is they'll change the rules now to suit after using us as an example (vendetta).