Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The subtleties between being virtuous and virtue signalling can be easily blurred.

I remember the vegan fanfare from FGR followed by the squad pigging out at Gregg's on non-vegan products and dismissed it as being a bit virtue signalling.

But the way FGR have grown as a community club isn't to be dismissed as virtue signalling, it is a wholesome good thing.

A very likeable club with a very definite identify.

That's all lovely. 

I hope we smash them.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Mr p on otib still banging on about accounts.. none of his mates on there taking any notice.

I'm still not really sure why he's so upset about the accounts not being on CH as Q agreed a punishment for p&s. 

He's just upset that we might survive as a going concern.

Have they put theirs in ? 

27 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Mr p on otib still banging on about accounts.. none of his mates on there taking any notice.

I'm still not really sure why he's so upset about the accounts not being on CH as Q agreed a punishment for p&s. 

His true nature was shown 18 months ago when it looked like we may be bought by a sheikh.  The outpouring of rage would normally be reserved in a life or death situation.  I assume the fact he's losing his friends on his own forum is why he's constantly got his nose up Forests arse like a dog on heat.  Basically reiterating the old s**t for a new audience.  

37 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I didn't think we were required to submit the old accounts to CH?  In the cases where (due to being in admin) we weren't legally required to submit them (which is basically anything pending, up until we exit admin), we were required to submit equivalents to the EFL instead. Which we obviously have done, because they were used as part of the agreed decision leading to the -9 points deduction.  

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I didn't think we were required to submit the old accounts to CH?  In the cases where (due to being in admin) we weren't legally required to submit them (which is basically anything pending, up until we exit admin), we were required to submit equivalents to the EFL instead. Which we obviously have done, because they were used as part of the agreed decision leading to the -9 points deduction.  

Legally speaking, we don't have to. But, the EFL still have it as a reason for embargo on their website.
My belief is that they'll get wiped off when we exit administration 

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Thought Quantuma were indicating that a CVA wouldn't be necessary. 

Business Plan is surely 2-3 years with the attached type of Embargo.

No transfer fees, no loan fees, no or limited signing on fees, highly limited agents fees and that's just for a start.

Would also add a nice condition might be £1 debt written off means £1 less able to be spent on  the team for the next 2 or depending on the terms, 3 years.

The EFL need to continue to come down hard.

Oh and what about the accounts, that is itself an Embargo matter.

The same bloke whose been banging on for 2 years about the EFL do everything to the letter now wants the rules being rewritten today just for us .  If I ever wind up like this sad sack put me out my misery with the biggest blunderbuss you can find .

I don't think anyone has had the heart to tell him yet that the EFL don't read OTIB or any fans forums. 

If Kirchner gets this takeover completed, it's going to be hilarious watching all of the self-proclaimed experts amongst oppo fans either back-peddling and/or combusting with rage. The indignation about the possibility of HMRC accepting a partial return is already building and, if it proves to be the case, I expect a full-scale protest march of at least, oooh... 30 men in nylon trackie bottoms to descend on Whitehall.