Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

53 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

One bloke on the London Road forum thinks we are the biggest cheaters although I suspect he wouldn’t be able explain exactly what we have done and how we got there.

Strange how Reading don’t fall into that bracket.

B782869B-ACD3-4C87-BA83-58B16B226825.png

Found Adrian Durham’s account then!

From BBC website:

Reply posted by NathanNTFC, at 19:54 19 FebNathanNTFC

19:54 19 Feb

to Alan

NathanNTFC replied:

The EFL are as corrupt as half the owners that they let mismanage clubs. And yet once the owners leave it's the clubs who pay the price. Hope Derby survive.

M

Comment posted by mr ridsdale, at 18:25 19 Febmr ridsdale

18:25 19 Feb

Its good to see Derby fighting against all odds and suceeding, Your fans deserve it for the way you support them for the full 90 minutes regardless, from htfc fan

Comment posted by Alan, at 17:47 19 FebAlan

17:47 19 Feb

Wow keep going Derby, the EFL has had it in for you for sure.

Comment posted by beacon brian, at 17:33 19 Febbeacon brian

17:33 19 Feb

Come on derby all self respecting football supporters are rooting for you.lots if credit to Rooney safc supporter

Comment posted by Steve from Leeds, at 20:09 19 FebSteve from Leeds

20:09 19 Feb

I hope that Derby can stay up and eventually get back in the PL .They have done amazing so far just to have even any chance after loosing 21 points . We ( Leeds ) had a fantastic rivalry years ago and it would be great to see it continue .Of course it could be next season if Leeds get relegated

P

Comment posted by pip48, at 20:16 19 Febpip48

20:16 19 Feb

I liked the fact Mr Rooney did not go for the Everton job. He is principled and a fighter. If the Derby squad can stay up they should be applauded. The Derby County club will be worth more and should maintain their Championship league status if events off the field go the way they want.
Wayne Rooney will then start building the legend as a manager as he did as a player.

Comment posted by Paul the Canary, at 22:03 19 FebPaul the Canary

22:03 19 Feb

I’ve never been a Rooney fan but whatever the merits or otherwise of the other debates, you have to respect the man for sticking with it.

Rw

22:02 19 Feb

Errr , mmm …. Well done Derby ….there I said it , jee that was hard
Forest fan

Comment posted by jerrythewolf, at 21:41 19 Febjerrythewolf

21:41 19 Feb

Com'on derby you can do it.
Great club and proper loud fans
Prem needs ya back. Wolves fan

hannah posh

07:37

Derby deserve the win because they played with quality and fight. Something that posh have been lacking. Fergie should stick to one formation instead of messing around. We need to make big changes to the squad in the summer as this team has been absolutely awful this season. Huge praise to derby fans who show that they care love and respect their club a whole lot more than their greedy owners

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

I work full time nights 10-6, the lad that takes over from me at 6 is a Leeds fan, and to be fair is always complimentary and supportive of Derby......wish I could find it in me to return the good will towards his lot ???

If he's ok with you then fair enough. I have colleagues who support Stoke, Wolves, Man United, Birmingham, and they are all supportive of Derby this season. The respect for Rooney is impressive tbh.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Kleenex for Forest.  I'll call these two dummy and rattle.  

What a tool Ashley Fulwood is. He was offered an interview but there is nothing to suggest he was in the frame for the job? Were Everton just helping him brush up on his interviewing technique then?

On 19/02/2022 at 21:15, TuffLuff said:

Found Adrian Durham’s account then!

Apparently we have cheated for 10 years and are still cheating. A lot of their fans were more informed I will give them that.

we have had a good PR job done on us. Everyone gets the facts mixed up with fiction and then some.

the best is Reading, we cheated but they didn’t even though they were over FPP by more for a lesser period.

still it takes the attention of clubs laundering money through their books, making deals for players to circumvent FFP and sell players for dodgy fees between clubs owned by the same person, clubs wanting to write off circa £40m for Covid, teams that now want to include potential income from player sales into covid amounts …..shall I go on

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

Apparently we have cheated for 10 years and are still cheating. A lot of their fans were more informed I will give them that.

we have had a good PR job done on us. Everyone gets the facts mixed up with fiction and then some.

the best is Reading, we cheated but they didn’t even though they were over FPP by more for a lesser period.

still it takes the attention of clubs laundering money through their books, making deals for players to circumvent FFP and sell players for dodgy fees between clubs owned by the same person, clubs wanting to write off circa £40m for Covid, teams that now want to include potential income from player sales into covid amounts …..shall I go on

That Adrian Durham is a knob 

My latest favourite is definitely the one that Durham has been pushing, about us playing players we "can't afford", as if we aren't actually having to adhere to a Business Plan in Administration agreed with the EFL by Quantuma for which breaches carry further penalties. This classic piece of spin ignores the fact that most of the teams in the division (especially Reading and Forest) are playing players whose full wages would put them well over FFP limits - those are players that, literally, they cannot afford.

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

My latest favourite is definitely the one that Durham has been pushing, about us playing players we "can't afford", as if we aren't actually having to adhere to a Business Plan in Administration agreed with the EFL by Quantuma for which breaches carry further penalties. This classic piece of spin ignores the fact that most of the teams in the division (especially Reading and Forest) are playing players whose full wages would put them well over FFP limits - those are players that, literally, they cannot afford.

I know it’s so unfair of him. 

The whole argument that we owe instalment payments on Bielik...does Durham expect the likes of Man City et al to drop £100m cash upfront for Grealish? Liverpool £50m on that Dias fella? I found it funny last year when paying by instalments was headlined as a massive hack that the big clubs had uncovered. I don't know the ins and outs of football transfers, but I'd give a good guess that the vast majority are paid in instalments. Similar to a house purchase, does Durham think that everyone buys houses in cash? Instead of taking on crimpling debts as they haven't got the money to pay for it - aka, a mortgage. 

8 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

The whole argument that we owe instalment payments on Bielik...does Durham expect the likes of Man City et al to drop £100m cash upfront for Grealish? Liverpool £50m on that Dias fella? I found it funny last year when paying by instalments was headlined as a massive hack that the big clubs had uncovered. I don't know the ins and outs of football transfers, but I'd give a good guess that the vast majority are paid in instalments. Similar to a house purchase, does Durham think that everyone buys houses in cash? Instead of taking on crimpling debts as they haven't got the money to pay for it - aka, a mortgage. 

Durham doesn't think - he just opens that great big gob and lets the bull* out......

33 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I make it that we have a squad of 21 (incl. 1 loan).

Only 7 of which we paid fees for, and only 3 of them were over £1m.

4 of the 7 are over 30 and nearing the end of their career.

The rest of the squad are journeymen signed on frees or come through our academy and are still under or around the age of 19/20.  

41 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Reading fans seem convinced that we're going to get further points deductions for fielding ineligible players (i.e. Bielik, because we haven't paid for him).  It seems to be common (and wrong) knowledge that we are behind on payments for players.  ?‍♂️