Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

Yep, I met a Boro fan in my local last week, and he absolutely believes it is still about this. I offered to print off the first DC report where the stadium sale was upheld, so he read it and understand what is going on. He had no idea that the sale of the club was being held up by the claim for Boro being classified as a football creditors debt.

Turns out it is about the stadium sale! 

So basically ignore the Boro, Forest and Leeds fans on social media.

The sheer volume of posts would lead you to believe everyone hates us......rather than follow the "cheating" narrative trying to be pushed, liquidation would be justice served, the wider football world is behind us to pull off this great escape. 

The team we're 4 points behind also sold their stadium and received a points deduction for FFP breaches where they wasn't forced to rewrite their accounts.

There was a Boro-related thread on Twitter earlier (can’t manage to find it now) admiring our fight back but the general consensus was that we “escape” punishment if we don’t go down.

Are some fans really so blinkered? Our punishment was the deduction, otherwise why issue it? Add to that the embargoes, loss of players, all the uncertainties and mental torment, I think it’s fair to say we have been punished more than fairly, several times over.

I think it’s going to remain the case with a lot of fans that there will be no justice until it’s certain we leave the Championship out of the wrong end. 

14 minutes ago, Kernow said:

There was a Boro-related thread on Twitter earlier (can’t manage to find it now) admiring our fight back but the general consensus was that we “escape” punishment if we don’t go down.

Are some fans really so blinkered? Our punishment was the deduction, otherwise why issue it? Add to that the embargoes, loss of players, all the uncertainties and mental torment, I think it’s fair to say we have been punished more than fairly, several times over.

I think it’s going to remain the case with a lot of fans that there will be no justice until it’s certain we leave the Championship out of the wrong end. 

I was brought up with the belief you can't be punished twice for the crime......we have been hung and drawn.....now they want to quarter us, but let us bleed out first

Edited by BriggRam

Just now, Sparkle said:

It’s not just other fans that want us to stay up I have spoken to plenty of players at other football clubs who would be delighted if Derby stayed up - for the sake of football 

And people who aren't into football seem supportive too.