Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

As if their opinion matters. Let them have their opinion. It means nothing. They have their safe space to talk about our club however they want. It means nothing.

The only opinions that matter are the ones that have influence. If it was national journalists making those statements I would be questioning them as this could influence public opinion.

Some nobody, on a nothing football forum? Bless them. Like that clown on the Bristol forum. As if his words have any impact. Just shouting into a vacuum.

2 minutes ago, KBB said:

As if their opinion matters. Let them have their opinion. It means nothing. They have their safe space to talk about our club however they want. It means nothing.

The only opinions that matter are the ones that have influence. If it was national journalists making those statements I would be questioning them as this could influence public opinion.

Some nobody, on a nothing football forum? Bless them. Like that clown on the Bristol forum. As if his words have any impact. Just shouting into a vacuum.

Hull fans didn’t sing the Derby dying song so they’re already more likeable than the Birmingham and Boro fans ! 

44 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

image.thumb.png.e7f33ad6238a66d7b91e8aad79b822d1.png

image.thumb.png.2ec9e6815579fe8a7d0605e4b394eda6.png

image.thumb.png.9b299bd49997e86de2825441799001b6.png

image.thumb.png.627eb841aac2c56abf439420b0674cc7.png

I've just checked that claim that we'd be play off contenders if it wasn't for the deduction, and assuming they have moved the play off spots to include 15th, then yes, he's not wrong there!   Good shout, @ "Gone For A Walk".  ?

Tbf people are going to sing that at us even if they don't mean it. That's the bravado between fans. 

I don't mind them singing it. I mind more about their opinions when they think they know our situation and clearly don't. Because they spread misinformation 

Definitely appreciate the support of rival fans but those that don't like us... join the likes of Boro, Forest etc at the EFL HQ then you can all be in one place when we tell them to feck themselves. 

To be fair, didn’t their supporters group speak out in support of Derby’s situation ahead of the game? More than lots of other clubs have done. Thought they were spot on last night. You will always get morons. Birmingham it seemed to be on mass, Forest also with waving the fivers but even then in the Leicester game while they got the chant going it was muted. 

No problem with Hull.

I can see how, from the outside looking in, you could be a bit miffed that derby may escape punishment. 

technically the punishment for admin is 12pts, but how often has that gone hand in hand with relegation. Relegation, and a fire sale, is almost a given, it’s expected, and you can think yourself lucky if it’s not back to back.

I liken it to a trial by combat in the Middle Ages. Technically, you could avoid the death penalty if you win, but the odds are stacked heavily against you. If you do win though, those you’ve aggrieved will feel you’ve escaped justice. 

so I can see the logic, but it’s flawed logic. Some teams breach ffp and do well, they escape punishment altogether (Villa) or when they are punished, it’s a drop in the ocean fine (QPR). Some don’t gain much from their breaches, and end up plummeting through the leagues. If you’re going to hate on us, who fall into the second category, then how do you feel about Bournemouth, qpr, Leicester etc, do they need further punishment? It would be nice if the efl would treat everyone the same way, but they don’t, we’ve certainly been given one of the heaviest and potentially devastating punishments for breaches like this. But it’s up to every team to deal with those punishments how they see fit. Fade away, or bounce back.

We are helped by having players like Bielik, who we still haven’t technically played for. I could see how that could irk some. It does seem odd that, theoretically, you could buy a bunch of galácticos, then go into admin, take the 12pts deductions safe in the knowledge your star players will easily overcome it. 

but it’s literally just the man made of glass that comes under that category, that we’ll get half a season out of if we’re lucky. The rest of our thread bare squad has been cobbled together over several years of embargoes. And the vast majority is just home grown talent playing for a packet of haribo and the thrill of a hair scruff from Rooney every week.

so somehow we’re supposed to take a team that just barely scraped survival last season thanks to sheff weds’s own deduction. Add allsop, stearman and Morrison, and promote a few kids from the academy, and with those additions, get 21 extra points this season.

We’ve taken our punishment, and then some (and there may yet be more to come, we’re by no means out of the woods yet). Most would argue that what we’ve already had has been a disproportionate amount of punishment. Now we have our fair shot at fighting for our lives, and unlike most in our situation, we are fighting tooth and nail.

say what you want about the admins, but we could have been left with a squad smaller than Boltons at the end of January, the inevitable fire sale didn’t happen. They sent to think we didn’t need it, I hope they’re right, and if they are, they’ve played a blinder  we’ve lost some Crown Jewels for a pittance, but it could have been a lot, lot worse. People think a just punishment would have been that Bolton extreme, or a Portsmouth plummet, that we’re circumventing the rules again to escape just punishment.

But for the first time in ages, we’re actually playing within our means, within the rules (despite rules being changed as we go), playing football how it should be. We are setting an example of how good you can be if you cut your cloth accordingly, and build a team around work ethics and character, not around expensive prima donnas. And for that, we are rightfully being lauded, by anyone who knows what they’re talking about.

I genuinely don't think some fans of other clubs realise quite how threadbare our squad actually is.  There's only really Lawrence, Bielik and Jozwiak that we've paid real money for.  And Forsyth, Davies, Byrne who we paid modest sums for, multiple seasons ago.  And the rest are academy lads or on £4.5k max wages.  You can add Shinnie and Marshall on decent-ish wages, if we're talking about the season as a whole.

For all the talk about being forced to sell players and cut costs, well we did, we just did it over the last 2 seasons under embargo, not after going into admin.