Embargo.

simmoram1995

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If the reports are accurate I see one of two reasons why the club have caved in;

1. They just want to get some form of resolution in place so it can be appealed, and the club think that we have sufficient grounds to do so.

2. The situation is far worse than any of the fans have been led to believe and the club are bang to rights, in which case everything we have been told by people from the club over the last 4/5 years is total nonsense. 

Alternatively the EFL is leaking it to appear strong to the wider league and perhaps appease some of the more vocal complainers, maybe with a dash of trying to pressure us.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

9 points or more, quite likely sinks us. It would mean needing around 56 points, which perhaps controversially I think all things being even we are potentially capable of. The issue is it will be a big lead weight around our neck affecting moral and the ability to bring anyone in.

6 points would be tough and a big effort to overcome. 

3 points we can likely stomach and still survive especially if it means we are free to operate in the transfer window (might end up being better for us than an embargo all season).

Are you forgetting we’ve won two in twenty two? Draws won’t keep us up. Neither will the inability to score, you know, GOALS.

The trouble is that due to the system, we're not in a position of strength. The EFL can say accept our over the top penalty (9 points) or we'll keep you in an embargo, which will cost you more than 9 points anyway. I suspect that the club will have to give way, in order that they will be able to sign a couple of decent free agents straight away. Part of the negotiations will be us accepting the punishment providing a business plan is accepted including  an accepted level of new signings, in terms of fees and wages.

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Presumably it is probably got a bit more complex with Reading also failing P&S* so the points punishment has to make sense in both clubs (probably also Brum and S.Wed as well due to their past penalties).

*Assuming here that we have actually failed FFP. Still about as clear as a pint of Scroggins Best Mild.

This is what I understand

"Clubs will now report on a four-year period that covers 2017/18-2020/21 instead of three years 2017/18-2019/20.

"The financial years 2019/20 and 2020/21 will be assessed together with the total Adjusted Earning Before Tax from both periods averaged into one reporting period."

if that is the case, Reading will remain under  soft embargo until they can prove that next years accounts will not breach the new 4 year assessment.  Very lucky

9 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Are you forgetting we’ve won two in twenty two? Draws won’t keep us up. Neither will the inability to score, you know, GOALS.

I'm not sure what you are arguing against here most of the post is saying we will be down with anything like a substantial penalty. Is it the off the cuff comment about being capable of 56 points all things being equal ? Because I think with everyone back fit, the style of play becoming more cohesive and a transfer window where we could actually operate that wouldn't be that far fetched.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I'm not sure what you are arguing against here most of the post is saying we will be down with anything like a substantial penalty. Is it the off the cuff comment about being capable of 56 points all things being equal ? Because I think with everyone back fit, the style of play becoming more cohesive and a transfer window where we could actually operate that wouldn't be that far fetched.

No i think its doable even if we get a 9 point penalty we should still be good enough to get say 55/56 points this season although Sheff Wed did not manage it with 6 point deduction,agree with the previous comment though we dont and dont look like scoring more than one goal a game at best.To be honest we should of excepted our punishment weeks ago so the embargo would of been lifted which would of given Rooney a little bit more wiggle room in terms of new players

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

SKY had it as breaking news last night.....take them seriously.....

SKY…. Who reported the takeover with “the fake sheikh”and “Erik the boxer”.

Nothing has been agreed nor has any timescale been defined on either side whether or not The Daily Fail, SKY or anyone else report otherwise. We have to wait for no one other than the EFL to report or disclose any conclusion of the whole scenario. 

1 minute ago, ramboy63 said:

No i think its doable even if we get a 9 point penalty we should still be good enough to get say 55/56 points this season although Sheff Wed did not manage it with 6 point deduction,agree with the previous comment though we dont and dont look like scoring more than one goal a game at best.To be honest we should of excepted our punishment weeks ago so the embargo would of been lifted which would of given Rooney a little bit more wiggle room in terms of new players

We have only won twice in our last 22 games, though. It's not like we were unlucky not to win in any of the games we've played this season. The draws we've got have been fairly reflective of the game. 

55/56 points is a hell of an ask. I genuinely think if we took a nine point deduction we would need an additional 10 games on everyone else to secure survival. I have no doubt it would absolutely kill us, not to mention the head's of players would go. 

5 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

I think we are in a relegation battle before any penalty.  We will have to find an additional, in effect, worthless wins to get back to where we are now.  Every win is essential to us, we can't score goals consistently enough to consider that we can cope with this points penalty

Folks are far to quick to believe the media nowadays - they are all (print/tv/radio/internet) focused far more on clicks and views than they are on accurate reporting (and that applies across the board, not just football). It's really not worth spending time getting wound up over speculative bull* from media outlets - wait for the club or the EFL to publish something concrete....

So the appalling clown Murray and his Quest clodhoppers were out of order last night to simply push out their declarations about a 12-point penalty (reduced to 9), and even displaying a revised Championship table with The Rams on -2 points.

Premature, unconfirmed and possibly false information given; we should expect an apology (but won't get one, as the channel is just another passenger on the media circus surrounding the whole demeaning saga).

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Folks are far to quick to believe the media nowadays - they are all (print/tv/radio/internet) focused far more on clicks and views than they are on accurate reporting (and that applies across the board, not just football). It's really not worth spending time getting wound up over speculative bull* from media outlets - wait for the club or the EFL to publish something concrete....

Spot on. I always wait for the bull* to come direct from the club or the EFL.  

It was an odd story. To fight it for 2 years nearly to then accept 12 points 9 now and 3 in the bank. 

Even if we dont accept it and it goes to the commission i cant see it being any more. In fact itll probably be more like 6. Which i could cope with ? perhaps thats the case Derby are putting forward and if they offer 6 we will accept. Obviously all conjecture tho