Embargo.

simmoram1995

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just out of interest. Does anyone know what free transfers are out there?

Just trying to think of who we could potentially bring in that might make a difference.

Only 2 I can think of is Robbie Brady and Andy Carroll 

Sturridge and Carroll are the two that stand out. Sturridge would be my first pick.

Anyone else think this may be nothing to do with points and more attached to this proposed business plan going forward meaning we still can't sign anyone.  This could really stump any sale.

Watching Quest who call us dull as ditch water Derby and are now reconfiguring the table with breaking news that we are taking a 9 point deduction and 3 more next season. All based on information from....... nowhere.  

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Anyone else think this may be nothing to do with points and more attached to this proposed business plan going forward meaning we still can't sign anyone.  This could really stump any sale.

Watching Quest who call us dull as ditch water Derby and are now reconfiguring the table with breaking news that we are taking a 9 point deduction and 3 more next season. All based on information from....... nowhere.  

Actually mate if Derby accepted new business plan Derby be able to sign players again for fees.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Actually mate if Derby accepted new business plan Derby be able to sign players again for fees.

If we take a 9 point deduction, added to a chairman who doesn't want to fund loans never mind fees, were pretty much down.  We haven't got enough in the side to make up a 7 point gap. Being a trier won't get enough goals.    

Looks guys what have lads proved they will fight and fight and thing is the lads will be thinking if efl going play like this we shall do everything in our power to stay in the champership I do think start from saturday we shall get 3 huge points depanding when or if this point taken away we could still remain the black.

League 1 could be interesting next year with all these embargoed and FFP bankrupt clubs in it Derby, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Sheff Wednesday, possibly Forest as well.  I assume the TV rights will be renegotiated as all the biggest clubs outside the Premier leagues top 10 will be in that league. Are Reading signing any more 100 k a week players this week under their embargo. EFL protecting its members my arse. 

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Are Reading signing any more 100 k a week players this week under their embargo. EFL protecting its members my arse. 

I'm only loosely following the financial issues and restrictions. My understanding was that we (Reading) can pay players twice as much as you. £7500 a week I think our limit is. 

A few people have been taking from the published articles (mainly BBC) that our 2016-18 accounts are actually probably OK, but it's the yet to be submitted 2019-20 accounts which are the problem. If we have failed in those years and deserve to be punished then fair enough. What I don't get in all this though is that Reading are currently under a soft embargo due to breaking P&S, where's their points deduction? 

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Niasse

Mendez-Laing

Robson-Kanu

Wilshere

Sturridge

Brady

Harris

Sanogo

Elmohamady

Bony

Besic

Narsingh

Stoch

Rodwell

Sagbo

Think there are a few on there that would improve our squad

AIUI the ceiling cap of £4.5K per week will remain unless MM has had a change of heart or until a takeover is complete,the cap was not part of the embargo. The cap was put in place because MM stated he was only prepared to put enough funds into the club to keep it "ticking over" until new owners come in.

6 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

A few people have been taking from the published articles (mainly BBC) that our 2016-18 accounts are actually probably OK, but it's the yet to be submitted 2019-20 accounts which are the problem. If we have failed in those years and deserve to be punished then fair enough. What I don't get in all this though is that Reading are currently under a soft embargo due to breaking P&S, where's their points deduction? 

Under review, the EFL cannot multitask, I think we are being used as the sacrificial lamb to frighten all the other teams .

Despite some excellent opinion on the forum, we’re all reading the tea leaves.  

The club should either be commenting ‘there is no final decision and we are still negotiating’ or ‘a formal decision will be announced shortly’ - or at the very least briefing Steve Nicholson to say ‘I understand no decision has been made’ or ‘a decision will be announced shortly’. 

The social media driven news cycle means that an unsourced story from the Mail is repeated as truth by multiple outlets in the absence of any comment to disprove it. 

Edited by California Ram.