Embargo.

simmoram1995

5 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

A few people have been taking from the published articles (mainly BBC) that our 2016-18 accounts are actually probably OK, but it's the yet to be submitted 2019-20 accounts which are the problem. If we have failed in those years and deserve to be punished then fair enough. What I don't get in all this though is that Reading are currently under a soft embargo due to breaking P&S, where's their points deduction? 

Due to Covid the current 3 year period includes an average of y3 and y4.  Y4 has not been completed yet

1 minute ago, Beetle said:

I'm hopeful this is what the EFL want to give us but we're going to appeal. But, like numerous people have said, it's all hearsay until we see the accounts.

Minor point but surely it’s hearsay until we see an official statement from the club and/or EFL not before see the accounts ad try to work it out for ourselves.

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Minor point but surely it’s hearsay until we see an official statement from the club and/or EFL not before see the accounts ad try to work it out for ourselves.

Definitely. If the Mail has it before a deal is agreed, it’s probably leaked from another club and is unreliable. I can’t see we will agree 9 plus 3 suspended. Because 9 was apparently the EFL’s first offer.  
btw the 3 suspended is already on us I think 

Sounds to me like most of the journos are piecing their own versions together from previous Percy tweets plus the recent Mail article. 

Nixon this morning implied we've stated our final position and the EFL now have to decide if they're going to accept it for the sake of expediency. 

If accurate, I take from that that our breaches are subjective, not conclusive, and the outcome of an IDC could go either way. 

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Sounds to me like most of the journos are piecing their own versions together from previous Percy tweets plus the recent Mail article. 

Nixon this morning implied we've stated our final position and the EFL now have to decide if they're going to accept it for the sake of expediency. 

If accurate, I take from that that our breaches are subjective, not conclusive, and the outcome of an IDC could go either way. 

Not just journos there's one or two on here that seem to know how many points the EFL want to deduct! ?

I don’t get the bit where it says in the daily mail that Morris is accepting the minus 9 with 3 suspended to hurry through a sale. To me that makes us in an even weaker position to sell 7 points adrift. Minus 6 I think would be better situation with maybe 6 suspended. Tbh with any points deduction there’s no real good outcome and there’s no way they will agree to 3 points as a deduction. This will end with some sort of points deduction 

The EFL on Quest programme said that we were close to agreeing a sanction under regulation 85.

This is just the procedural regulation, but it states that..

- the EFL have to propose the sanction in writing with reasons

- we have 14 days to accept or go to a disciplinary panel

- if we don't respond then we default to a panel. 

All these "negotiations" are outside of the regulations. Details can become public only when we reach the written letter stage. 

So imo we're still in baseless speculation territory.