Embargo.

simmoram1995

Just now, Andicis said:

I can't imagine we would agree to a deal of a points deduction that didn't wipe the slate clean. 

Doesn't work like that, does it? We can't just wipe the slate clean. Accounts need to be published, debts need to be paid. 

The numbers are either going to show us in breach or not. Either way, it's clear Morris and Pearce have shown themselves to be absolutely incompetent. It really annoys me that a bunch of honest pros and kids have been left to pick up the pieces. Birmingham still had a lot of the players that they breached FFP with in their team. The players we pushed the boat out with have been gone for a long time.

Awful situation. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

Doesn't work like that, does it? We can't just wipe the slate clean. Accounts need to be published, debts need to be paid. 

The numbers are either going to show us in breach or not. Either way, it's clear Morris and Pearce have shown themselves to be absolutely incompetent. It really annoys me that a bunch of honest pros and kids have been left to pick up the pieces. Birmingham still had a lot of the players that they breached FFP with in their team. The players we pushed the boat out with have been gone for a long time.

Awful situation. 

The accounts to need to be published, and debts paid, yes. However if we're going to make a deal to accept a points penalty, I doubt it will only encompass amortisation. It would likely be to cover everything and essentially set us back to level. Mel isn't stupid enough to accept a deal to receive a points penalty for just the amortisation policy should that then leave us in a position for another penalty. 

9 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I honestly can't believe if we've breached due to adjusting the amortisation the EFL accepted for 3 years that we'd accept that.

You’re upsetting the fact checkers not to mention both legal panels   If you think the EFL understood and approved what we were doing then please send me some of what you are smoking   

17 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

So is this going to happen or not? I can't believe we've agreed to 9. We'll never make it back. 6 and we'd have a chance.

6 points would be dam hard especially when we haven’t been able to get players in to score goals leaving us with no opportunity to bring real goal scorers in until January and then could we even afford them? - if we have done wrong - show us punish us - and get stuffed 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The accounts to need to be published, and debts paid, yes. However if we're going to make a deal to accept a points penalty, I doubt it will only encompass amortisation. It would likely be to cover everything and essentially set us back to level. Mel isn't stupid enough to accept a deal to receive a points penalty for just the amortisation policy should that then leave us in a position for another penalty. 

If that's the case then I would hope that we breach P&S. I'd imagine the EFL would need clarity on that, effectively it's a point deduction bribe to get back to zero. I know EFL play fast and loose with their laws, but for me: we either breach or we don't. I really don't like the idea of a team offering up points to go back to zero. 

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just out of interest. Does anyone know what free transfers are out there?

Just trying to think of who we could potentially bring in that might make a difference.

Only 2 I can think of is Robbie Brady and Andy Carroll 

Carroll for a bit of strength and something different would be useful 

20 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This has been said a hundred times on this and other threads. Here’s the thing. If we were sure of our accounting ground, we would file the final accounts with companies house, we would file our P&S statements with the EFL and we would say: these are compliant, you can have no complaint 

We have not done that. So is it not clear that we are in a grey area (yet another one), and that we are not completely sure of our ground ??

Oh I agree. It's always going to be a matter of interpretation, both for the EFL and for us. If it goes back to a Disciplinary Commission and we begin again, I suggest both sides would be unclear what would be decided. But the EFL will try to pick people sympathetic to their cause.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If that's the case then I would hope that we breach P&S. I'd imagine the EFL would need clarity on that, effectively it's a point deduction bribe to get back to zero. I know EFL play fast and loose with their laws, but for me: we either breach or we don't. I really don't like the idea of a team offering up points to go back to zero. 

More of a plea deal, in a way. It seems like the amortisation debacle is still a pretty grey area. If we can cut a deal to essentially end our embargo and all of this EFL ********, it's probably a wise decision. 

19 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just trying to think of who we could potentially bring in that might make a difference.

Niasse

Mendez-Laing

Robson-Kanu

Wilshere

Sturridge

Brady

Harris

Sanogo

Elmohamady

Bony

Besic

Narsingh

Stoch

Rodwell

Sagbo

Think there are a few on there that would improve our squad

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

More of a plea deal, in a way. It seems like the amortisation debacle is still a pretty grey area. If we can cut a deal to essentially end our embargo and all of this EFL ********, it's probably a wise decision. 

9 points is at least 3 points too many in my view, mountain to climb now ?

Just now, Andicis said:

Not at -9, which I'd imagine puts us comfortably at the bottom of the league and with next to no chance of staying up.

I think even -6 would see us down. Negotiate to -3 and put it to bed with my approval. Otherwise, we've wasted millions and months arguing for nothing. I think -12 was worst case anyway, all that time and money for barely any benefit... I'd continue to fight it until the numbers show we are absolutely in the wrong.

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Not at -9, which I'd imagine puts us comfortably at the bottom of the league and with next to no chance of staying up.

I think even -6 would see us down. Negotiate to -3 and put it to bed with my approval. Otherwise, we've wasted millions and months arguing for nothing. I think -12 was worst case anyway, all that time and money for barely any benefit... I'd continue to fight it until the numbers show we are absolutely in the wrong.

Is it better to carry on limping at the bottom of the championship with this hanging over us or just cut our losses at this point? 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Andre Wisdom's brother is still available.