Embargo.

simmoram1995

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

If you could refresh my memory ? Today is D Day due to a Rooney comment to the BBC and a source of @Ellafella which sounds reliable saying a 3 point deduction is incoming? Any other information? I know Nixon said would help if accounts were submitted. Has JP tweeted owt ?

Did he? I've seen many people idly speculating about point deductions but no one has explained what the basis for that deduction would be

25 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Did he? I've seen many people idly speculating about point deductions but no one has explained what the basis for that deduction would be

Yes he did @cheron85. It wasn't though "idle speculation" but something I was told by somebody who I described as "reasonably reliable" and connected with the Club. I also said I hope it's not true but I thought it worth posting as I was told this was being announced today (Tuesday). FWIW @cheron85I'm not the sort of poster who "idly speculates" I don't usually just post any old tripe that I happen upon; we'll see if it holds any reliability as Tuesday will end at midnight tonight...

2 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

So we’ve got the £80m ground sale and £39m allowance plus some mediocre player sale - Hendrick Vydra hughes Ince. We’re up to £150m potential allowance over a 3 year period. If we have spend more than that we deserve what we get

It's the profit & loss on those transactions, not the total received. Based on your examples above, and these are just estimates, as I have no idea the true figures:

1. Ground purchased for £60m, sold for £80m = profit £20m.  2. Vydra bought for £9m, sold for £11m = profit £2m.

3. Ince bought for £7m, sold for £9m = profit £2m.  4. Hendrick & Hughes came up through the academy, and sold for £10m & £5m, respectively = profit £15m

Potential profit = £39m.

However, what are the losses, over the same period, such as Butterfield, Johnson, Anya, etc., etc, which will bite into those profits?

The EFL limit is £13m per year, on a rolling 3-years, which amounts to no more than £39m loss over any 3-year period.

Who did we buy and sell over the 3 years 2016-17; 2017-18 & 2018-19 which matter? Did we make a profit or loss on those transactions?

9 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes he did @cheron85. It wasn't though "idle speculation" but something I was told by somebody who I described as "reasonably reliable" and connected with the Club. I also said I hope it's not true but I thought it worth posting as I was told this was being announced today (Tuesday). FWIW @cheron85I'm not the sort of poster who "idly speculates" I don't usually just post any old tripe that I happen upon; we'll see if it holds any reliability as Tuesday will end at midnight tonight...

I merely said that I had people idly speculating on this thread and elsewhere - I also questioned because I hadn't seen your post (hence the question in the first place...) - And to be clear there have been many people idly speculating around this thread

You'll excuse me if I still take your post with a huge pinch of salt mind - The sheer number of people on this forum alone who claim to have reliable connections to the club is mind-blowing - It seems the club is much better connected to the community than I ever thought - And I have no doubt that some of them are genuine - But if people choose to post anonymously then we have absolutely no way to verify it, so I'm going to treat it with a natural suspicion 

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

You'll excuse me if I still take your post with a huge pinch of salt mind

Fair enough, but he only said he'd heard it'd be a "3 point deduction and that's the end of it" - if that's wild speculation, then it's not very imaginative! In my experience, the seasoned bullshitters like to make their ITK as spicy as possible

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Fair enough, but he only said he'd heard it'd be a "3 point deduction and that's the end of it" - if that's wild speculation, then it's not very imaginative! In my experience, the seasoned bullshitters like to make their ITK as spicy as possible

That's the problem with all these purported ITK merchants who peddle their crap - a broken clock is right twice a day. At some point they will get something right if they spew their nonsense for long enough.

Wasn't aimed at yourself btw @Ellafella just in general all these cod ITK accounts on Twitter especially.

24 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I merely said that I had people idly speculating on this thread and elsewhere - I also questioned because I hadn't seen your post (hence the question in the first place...) - And to be clear there have been many people idly speculating around this thread

You'll excuse me if I still take your post with a huge pinch of salt mind - The sheer number of people on this forum alone who claim to have reliable connections to the club is mind-blowing - It seems the club is much better connected to the community than I ever thought - And I have no doubt that some of them are genuine - But if people choose to post anonymously then we have absolutely no way to verify it, so I'm going to treat it with a natural suspicion 

Absolutely. Just wanted to be clear about the context for my post. Most ITK quotes are horlicks - but some are genuine. I used to have an associate who regularly told me things and 90% did subsequently happen but I never repeated them as I was asked not to. 

Edited by Ellafella

19 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

'Idle speculation' was the phrase I used rather than wild

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely. Just wanted to be clear about the context for my post. Most ITK quotes are horlicks - but some are genuine. I used to have an associate who regularly told me things and 90% did subsequently happen but I never repeated them as I was asked not to. 

Fair play - Always nice when someone who claims ITK is at least aware of why we might question it ?

“Further information was filed ahead of today’s deadline, and this is currently under review by the EFL Executive.  Until this process has been concluded, there will be no further comment on the matter.”

EFL Twitter

Accounts in and under review. So on it goes the never ending process. Clearly designed to take us past the end of the window.