Embargo.

simmoram1995

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes, I noted that.

It's not a particually encouraging choice of words. Could mean anything from "this is incomplete" to "we don't want to admit you're off the hook right off the bat because of steve gibson's blue balls" to "we got em boys!"

Yeah the ambiguous statement doesn't really tell us anything at all.  Have they begrudgingly accepted the accounts?  Have we asked for another extension?  Did we tell them we'd printed them off but the dog then ate them!

Basically, we're still 'as you were'.

DET says the "further information" is the financial accounts
https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-efl-embargo-statement-5827649

So depending on if you trust them or Nixon more, then either the accounts have been submitted or the accounts haven't been submitted.
Glad that's all cleared up.

This is so depressingly typical of Derby at the moment. No statement, apart from the EFL coming out with something incredibly vague that could mean also anything. According to Nixon, we haven't submitted our accounts. If that's the case then the club should be dealt with the harshest penalty allowable by P&S. 

I loathe Mel Morris for what he's done to this club. What a complete and utter stain he has become to this football club. 

This is like the death of a thousand cuts. So (I think) we have resubmitted out accounts right down to virtually the last possible moment, then the EFL are going to scour said information for any anomalies or malfeasance then charge us if they find any.

If we knew that there was anything the EFL would haul us up on then why didn't we just submit what we had as earlier as possible to get the charge out of the way as soon as possible?

Hope this isn't another deluded attempt by the club to stick their head in the sand and think everything is OK when it's not. 

Potentially we told them that we had already submitted those years previously which the EFL agreed with in a perfectly legal way and if you want to take issue with it again we will see you in a real court of law! - as good as anything else 

8 minutes ago, JfR said:

DET says the "further information" is the financial accounts
https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-efl-embargo-statement-5827649

So depending on if you trust them or Nixon more, then either the accounts have been submitted or the accounts haven't been submitted.
Glad that's all cleared up.

Nixon and DET don't actually know anything. 

They've seen the communication from the EFL and due to the ambiguous nature of the statement have gone to both ends of the spectrum of what it could mean to set up their story. 

I'm sure we will find out in due course whether we have sent 'more information' or the accounts. It could be, of course, just the EFL's way of saying they've received the accounts but aren't happy with some aspects hence 'more information' rather than accounts. Who knows at this stage. 

3 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Assume this is just a standard process relating to the outstanding accounts rather than a move towards administration?

D2F921E0-7DF5-41DB-A002-9344E2BD2E84.png

I believe that relates more to 'in action' but indicates that if we continue to do nothing then will be liquidated. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Nixon and DET don't actually know anything. 

They've seen the communication from the EFL and due to the ambiguous nature of the statement have gone to both ends of the spectrum of what it could mean to set up their story. 

I'm sure we will find out in due course whether we have sent 'more information' or the accounts. It could be, of course, just the EFL's way of saying they've received the accounts but aren't happy with some aspects hence 'more information' rather than accounts. Who knows at this stage. 

It's also possible that someone at the club has given the DET the impression that the accounts have been submitted.....