Embargo.

simmoram1995

Less than a week ago the EFL mentioned constructive talks, clearly something has been submitted, it is hard to imagine the club would ignore the deadline and sanction imposed by the DC after those constructive talks. Neither the Club or EFL are giving any more information which IMO can only mean they have agreed on this position. If the two parties had now gone back to opposing positions the Club would surely issue a statement contradicting the EFL as they have done before. For the time being I can't see how we should assume disaster from what we have heard today. It is just the drawn out nature that is so hard to bear.

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

it is hard to imagine the club would ignore the deadline and sanction imposed by the DC after those constructive talks. Neither the Club or EFL are giving any more information which IMO can only mean they have agreed on this position. If the two parties had now gone back to opposing positions the Club would surely issue a statement contradicting the EFL as they have done before. For the time being I can't see how we should assume disaster from what we have heard today. It is just the drawn out nature that is so hard to bear.

The club haven't given out any information though have they unless I'm missing something?

What the club should do to communicate whats going on to the fans is hold a question and answer session with fan representatives, so they can then subsequently spread this information to the fan base. This would answer questions such as have the accounts been submitted and put everyone at ease. 

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

Jesus, there's just 7 days left to get in some more players to either improve the team or be ready to fill in for injuries.

After that, we've got to wait until January 

Doesn’t mean there is any money to spend even if we could 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

What the club should do to communicate whats going on to the fans is hold a question and answer session with fan representatives, so they can then subsequently spread this information to the fan base. This would answer questions such as have the accounts been submitted and put everyone at ease. 

Now there's a novel idea. Am sure I read something about that a few weeks ago, must be imagining things.....

10 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Thats what I said isn't it?, no more information from Club or EFL over and above what has already been said by the EFL

No you said the club or the EFL aren't giving out any more information. 

I haven't heard any statements from the club so was querying how they can give out more information when I haven't heard them give any information out at all - unless I've missed something?

Edited by Tyler Durden

27 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Pure guesswork but is it not possible that we filed the accounts in time for the original deadline but the EFL wanted more clarification so agreed the second deadline to which DCFC have now complied with more information? 

I doubt that Nixon would have been quite as definite as he was with his statement that we haven't submitted them,if that was the case.

One thing that does worry me is that we all know Mel is doing his very best to get rid of this club (I'm not really sure if he's bothered who too at this stage)

He is also quite clearly very reluctant to spend anymore than he needs to. Just the bare minimum to keep the club running day to day.

I mean we have no ticket office open, no roadriders for away fans, no mascot (Obviously this doesn't bother me, but my son used to love seeing Rammie and Ewie and I'm sure other kids are the same) 

So why would Mel want us to have this embargo lifted before the window shuts? And have to fund the wages for up to 8 more players?

20 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I doubt that Nixon would have been quite as definite as he was with his statement that we haven't submitted them,if that was the case.

Nixon makes a living out of being thought of as clued up about backroom goings on in football. No incentive whatsoever to say 'I don't know'. At least half the time, he just doesn't have a clue. This one included, IMO.

54 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Pure guesswork but is it not possible that we filed the accounts in time for the original deadline but the EFL wanted more clarification so agreed the second deadline to which DCFC have now complied with more information? 

This is the theory I am holding onto.

Constructive talks suggested we were working with the EFL to get our accounts submitted. I suspect the EFL asked us for something extra and gave us a deadline, which we have met.

Now we wait.

Remember, the longer the EFL string this along the more likely we go down and the EFL get their wish anyway.

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This is the theory I am holding onto.

Constructive talks suggested we were working with the EFL to get our accounts submitted. I suspect the EFL asked us for something extra and gave us a deadline, which we have met.

Now we wait.

Remember, the longer the EFL string this along the more likely we go down and the EFL get their wish anyway.

Not if Sibley scores 20 for us this season 

32 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Nixon makes a living out of being thought of as clued up about backroom goings on in football. No incentive whatsoever to say 'I don't know'. At least half the time, he just doesn't have a clue. This one included, IMO.

Nah,we have form here,I think he's probably on the money.

It's the additional info we have provided to the ego in lieu of the accounts that's going to be intriguing,along with the efls response to it all.