Embargo.

simmoram1995

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We wouldn't find out a point deduction now anyway, if we even get one, as the weight of the point deduction is based on how badly we breached P&S and seemingly is open to interpretation. I would imagine a -18 point deduction would need to be somewhere in the region of a £160-180m loss over the three years, so you can dismiss that as nonsense. 

Sheffield Wednesday got a -6 point deduction for a £66m loss over three years. We wouldn't even get anywhere near that. I believe Reading haven't received a point deduction for their breach as of yet. I'm still confident we won't be in any breach of P&S but ultimately we don't know exactly how our amortisation policy will shake out. A minor breach, at the very, very worst, so wouldn't be surprised to see us only pick up a -3 or a fine. 

The points deductions don't work like that.  It's something like a 1 point deduction per £1m of overspend up to a maximum of 12 points (although I think they might have slightly tweaked those figures recently).  Plus there's an additional (up to) 9 points that can be added on for other bad behaviour.  Sheffield Wednesday were given the full 12 points, and had it reduced to 6 on appeal (I assume for mitigating circumstances around the stadium sale).  We'd only need to overspend by ~£10m, plus the EFL try to force an additional 9 points to get an 18 point penalty.

Knowing the expectation about this submission you'd hope that there would be some kind of statement, however brief. Then again, this is DCFC and the EFL so who knows right ? somewhere between a year and 48 hours would be my guess.

Gut feeling is that after all this time and wrangling that I just can't see 'Oh OK, that's fine, off you go Derby, good luck with the season'. The rules and measures seem poorly defined at best so.. *shrug* ..flip knows...

Also, just on the Rooney apparently mentioning to a reporter he thinks the embargo might be lifted after today, that just means *at most* that's what someone at the club has told him. Now, would the club be telling him things that are not *certain* because they need him to stay positive and keep believeing ?

4 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

They wont be going to Companies House.

They were legally submitted over 3 years ago.

This is simply a resubmission to the EFL or the Disciplinary Committee for P&S purposes.

Presumably though the outstanding accounts from 19 and 20 will be submitted now the EFL issues are resolved?

4 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

They wont be going to Companies House.

They were legally submitted over 3 years ago.

This is simply a resubmission to the EFL or the Disciplinary Committee for P&S purposes.

Except that...

The 2019 accounts need submitting to companies house (Apr 2020 deadline)

The 2020 accounts need submitting to companies house (Apr 2021 deadline)

25 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Except that...

Were these deadlines not extended by some margin (9 or 12 months?) due to Covid? I'd be surprised if the 2020 accounts need to be submitted yet in terms of the HMRC requirements.

However, my understanding was that despite the HMRC saying you don't need to submit accounts because of Covid, my recollection was also that the EFL said "we'll put you under embargo if you don't because we have no interest in the welfare of our member clubs and any financial difficulties you may be experiencing due to a global pandemic".

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Except that...

That`s true, but that wasn`t what i was talking about! Also, because of Covid I believe that the Goverment have given all businesses an extension on submission of accounts!?

12 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

That`s true, but that wasn`t what i was talking about! Also, because of Covid I believe that the Goverment have given all businesses an extension on submission of accounts!?

Up to 3 months only for Covid reasons, so you get 12 months from the year end in total

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

That's 2 different things, I think. I doubt very much the restated accounts will appear on Companies House - I'd be surprised if they even allow companies to restate accounts years after the fact.  They'll be submitted to the EFL, probably just as revised P&S statements, and we'll probably never see them.

The other overdue accounts (18/19 and 19/20 IIRC) don't have to be approved by the EFL or anything, they'll go straight to Companies House when we're ready to submit them.  The EFL will only get involved if they look like they'll be close to the FFP thresholds.

There's certainly a question mark over the previously submitted accounts, but the 18/19 and 19/20 should be submitted for us to get out of embargo (unless we agree a deal with the EFL).

Regulation 16.3 - Annual Accounts not filed with Companies House

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Were these deadlines not extended by some margin (9 or 12 months?) due to Covid? I'd be surprised if the 2020 accounts need to be submitted yet in terms of the HMRC requirements.

However, my understanding was that despite the HMRC saying you don't need to submit accounts because of Covid, my recollection was also that the EFL said "we'll put you under embargo if you don't because we have no interest in the welfare of our member clubs and any financial difficulties you may be experiencing due to a global pandemic".

Also add " although we ourselves the EFL as an organisation have taken advantage of late submission allowance"

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

1 hour ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Yeah that temporary extension only applied to the 2019 accounts, not the 2020 accounts.

@Carl Sagan