Embargo.

simmoram1995

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Is it a lot to ask for the club to put out a statement?

Just to update it's supporters what it's submitted and where we are at?

The owner of this football club doesn't care about us at all does he 

I'd much rather their focus was on sorting out the accounts and trying to get the club in a position to be able to sign players again

Also - If they've been submitted today it might take a while for the PR team to compile a statement and they might be running it past the EFL to check it and they might need to consult a lawyer to ensure they aren't putting out false/misleading information and they might etc etc etc

You and I can make statements whenever we like - The legal representatives/owner of our club (or any business) need to be a little more careful than that

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is so depressingly typical of Derby at the moment. No statement, apart from the EFL coming out with something incredibly vague that could mean also anything. According to Nixon, we haven't submitted our accounts. If that's the case then the club should be dealt with the harshest penalty allowable by P&S. 

I loathe Mel Morris for what he's done to this club. What a complete and utter stain he has become to this football club. 

EFL release a statement, and your immediate reaction is to loathe Mel Morris?

You need to breathe a bit Ambitious me owd. Cheer up!

Just to join in the guessing game.

DCFC were told to submit restated accounts for the 2016, 2017 and 2018. They say "we've submitted HMRC compliant accounts to Companies House and can't change them but we will provide information showing how they would look using your preferred amortisation policy".

As with everyone else no clue, just a guess which fits the little info we have.

Edited by Gladram
Typo

Just now, Eatonram said:

Cant help but think that if we had not filed the accounts by the required deadline, the EFL statement would say that the club had failed to meet the DCs specific sanction, even with an extension and the EFL will now be considering its next steps etc

You're right, that is very true and is the other side of the ambiguity. The EFL would certainly love to get us for something like that.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this…

as much as I’d like it to be

“we have reviewed the revised accounts and pending a few minor adjustments we approve the new policy and warn DCFC of the importance of integrity and ethics of the game”

I think it will be 

“ upon failing to comply with our ruling to submit their accounts on the new revised date , Derby have provided evidence to suggest they are unable to fulfil this request after reviewing the arguments put forward we have decided that Derby do not have the grounds for such dismissal and therefore, will be dealt with the harshest possible punishment e.g. - 12-20 points or league expulsion” 

but seriously could be anything our club that keeps giving ??

You wonder whether we've kept the same/similar amortisation, ie the existing accounts but provided further information to back them up? Previously didn't the DP say, whilst the EFL use straight line method, ours wasn't against accounting practice but we hadn't demonstrated how we arrived at the interim valuations, all a bit arbitrary. Which is why straight line is easier in football terms and preferred as everyone then does it the same way. Perhaps we are sticking to our original guns. Who knows. An incompetent statement from the EFL and rubbish comms from Dcfc.