Embargo.

simmoram1995

53 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We want to hold the book value of players high until the final year.
What I would do is amortise on a straight line towards zero at the average retirement age (let's say 35), but the remaining amount written off in the final year.

In this example, we sign a 23 year old for £5m on a 5 year deal.
12 years until he's 35 so just over £400k amortisation a year. If he signs extensions keeping him at the club until 35, then it will be the same every year (shown by the blue line).
If he doesn't sign an extension and leaves at the end of his 5 years, then £3.3m will be amortised in the final year (shown by the year line)

image.png.afef1e94c9d48b72c9f7a9137e509b59.png

I think you'd have to factor playing time in somehow, so you don't have a Thorne or Anya still holding value when they're perma-crocked or just not being used.  I had any player that doesn't play 30 games in a season immediately drops onto a straight-line amortization, but honestly just pick a number and stick to it. 

But beyond that, then as long as it isn't the case of Mel Morris picking his favourite numbers out of a hat, I think it would be fine.

No one has yet provided any evidence of Rooney saying that we would be out of the embargo tomorrow-in my view, that is because he has said no such thing. I am though optimistic that both the club and the EFL want to put an end to the saga. Unless a takeover is imminent, any post embargo transfers will be loans or free transfers.

1 minute ago, Arsene Titman said:

No one has yet provided any evidence of Rooney saying that we would be out of the embargo tomorrow-in my view, that is because he has said no such thing. I am though optimistic that both the club and the EFL want to put an end to the saga. Unless a takeover is imminent, any post embargo transfers will be loans or free transfers.

I haven't seen any of the interviews or anything, but I half wonder if he's said something about how he's hoping for positive news on Tuesday and people have just assumed something and run with it.

2 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

could just me that is when we are aiming to put the accounts in???

5 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Don't worry - There is no evidence

Supposedly Rooney mentioned that he 'was hopeful' it would happen to a 5 live reporter who then mentioned it on air - He's expressed that and more about the situation on multiple occasions in the past 3-4 weeks and it hasn't happened - This time at least we know the books are finally (probably) due

Other than that, business as usual I would imagine

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No chance we spend big even if there are no restrictions. Mel is looking for the door, not a sharp increase to the wage bill and a hefty outlay on players. 

A return for Wisdom and a raid of the loan market, starting with Mengi, would be my guess. 

43 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think you'd have to factor playing time in somehow, so you don't have a Thorne or Anya still holding value when they're perma-crocked or just not being used.  I had any player that doesn't play 30 games in a season immediately drops onto a straight-line amortization, but honestly just pick a number and stick to it. 

But beyond that, then as long as it isn't the case of Mel Morris picking his favourite numbers out of a hat, I think it would be fine.

Perma-crocked. Ace phrase. Well done.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why do teams loan out young players? To get experience? Better for our 'not quite ready' players to get 6 months football in than one or two starts and some last 15 minutes.

As for team spirit and fighting mentality, if the players that come in (who will probably not be on long contracts or massive wages) help us win more games then that will increase team spirit. 

I hope we get more players in because although I get laughed at it is clear that we could still have a good go at top 6. But we particularly need more goal threat and some CB/RB cover.

We need 3 things to put us where we can at least think about top 6 .. A clinical striker, no injuries to key players (Defence and aforementioned striker ) and of course, no points deductions .. Then and only then are we in a position to even think about it.

We aren’t in that position yet .. so I am in the camp that says we will survive in the first instance and hope for a mid table position if things as they are go ok. ( Ravel’s early promise becomes consistent, Jags and Curtiss stay strong and the young guns get better each game .. which I think they will ) 

Start to address the 3 questions and the finishing line changes … Bielik could make a huge difference later in the year, Knight does score goals, a homeless ageing ex prem striker or Jack Stretton growing up ?  .. stranger things have happened. 

55 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I asked Alan Nixon earlier about a resolution in the EFL/ Derby situation. Apparently still haven’t submitted our accounts, so how can a 3 point penalty be incoming. 

2F42B81B-805C-4DE3-89F9-09B329E023D2.jpeg

If we don't submit them within the extended time frame it will be more than three points.

I'm not sure why we are leaving it until the last minute of the extra days we were permitted,surely we know what the efl wanted us to change since the last deadline.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

59 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I asked Alan Nixon earlier about a resolution in the EFL/ Derby situation. Apparently still haven’t submitted our accounts, so how can a 3 point penalty be incoming. 

2F42B81B-805C-4DE3-89F9-09B329E023D2.jpeg

I'd suggest that Nixon doesn't actually know if we've submit them or not.