Accounts Submission Date Extension

JfR

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I just really don't understand what 6 days does.

How does it make any difference?

I'm hoping it's for a good reason.

But seeing as this is us and there has been absolutely no good news come out this football club for quite some time. Then I'll be surprised.

Have you never been running out of time to finish an essay, so you ask for an extension to get it finished?

26 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

...or Gibson’s having a squeaky bum moment prior to his visit to PP on Saturday and told Parry to cut us some slack. ?

Can you imagine if the EFL slapped a 12 point penalty on us on Wednesday then Gibson turns up on Saturday. The atmosphere would be belligerent. 

I think your post has much merit Pearl and because of it I think we are going to get a deduction and the club and EFL have moved things on a week to avoid trouble at the match.

2 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Can you imagine if the EFL slapped a 12 point penalty on us on Wednesday then Gibson turns up on Saturday. The atmosphere would be belligerent. 

I think your post has much merit Pearl and because of it I think we are going to get a deduction and the club and EFL have moved things on a week to avoid trouble at the match.

I can’t imagine Gibson would attend the game on Saturday, but if he does then he should be subsequently ‘leg-and-winged’ straight in the Derwent. 

Rick 'Parasite' Parry doesn't want to concede that the accounts are compliant; he can't face the public shame so he's delayed the announcement for a week, which cuts another week out of the transfer window for DCFC.

Meanwhile, he is getting Boro's accountants to audit the DCFC accounts submitted:

[Edit: Alternative caption - - Stephen Pearce puts the finishing touches to DCFC's submissions, whilst Mel looks the other way....]

Forest Fawaz Accountants.jpg

Edited by Woodypecker

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I predicted last week that an extension would be announced.

My new prediction. Derbys accounts will be accepted, but we will be given a suspended 3 point deduction which will become active if we fail to submit accounts on time again.

If you’re right that would be an amazing result for us   Even better than a win at Hull 

44 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Yes, because there is much less liklihood of there being trouble at the match a week later.

Now, remind me who we're playing that day?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I predicted last week that an extension would be announced.

My new prediction. Derbys accounts will be accepted, but we will be given a suspended 3 point deduction which will become active if we fail to submit accounts on time again.

No that's wrong mate only time we shall 3 points take of us if we fail pay players again on time.

9 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

Well spotted. Why would we need an extension though and why 6 days? 

Maybe so the EFL can word their statement to coincide with the filings as people are expecting punitive actions regarding Financial rules. Perhaps it’s not as bad as they thought it would be.

11 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

I actually get the feeling now that MM wants to delay these accounts past the 18th just so he doesn't have to give rooney any money for the players he actually wanted.

I've no idea who Rooney actually wants in an umbongo free scenario. 

Without this intelligence, I don't know how angry/disappointed I should get with Mel Morris when we scrape a further couple of cheapo geriatrics in.... 

So much pent up irritability and tetchiness... ?

Just listened to this interview and found it truly bizarre that the club has put it out.

First set of questions around bringing in PJ and SB all pretty much leave Rooney confused and I can't work out if it's just dreadful from the club or a dig at the EFL (which is also dreadful)

Again he then gets questioned about the accounts and basically says it has nothing to do with him. It's a DCFC interview not a BBC/TalkSport interview ao I just don't get why every question seems like a surprise and somewhat unplanned.

Lastly he makes a big point that PJ and DB will probably not play tonight. Smokescreen?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159522063790797&id=9595625796

Why 6 days? Why not a week? This is the most worrying thing to me. 
The rest of it I can do nothing about so I watch and wait. I’m past caring really. 
But I want to know why specifically 6 days? 
This is how bad my disinterest has got ?

Could just be the audited accounts went in. An adjustment is needed and someone key on either side has covid/otherwise sick/on holiday/getting married/small operation this week so given couple of days next week to finalise. Things arent always complicated or sinister. HMRC agree extensions for minor life reasons all the time. Ah but I forget this is us...........