Accounts Submission Date Extension

JfR

Unlikely to come from within DCFC but from either HMRC or Companies house in this case. "A Gazette notice will declare that the company will be struck off Companies House and cease to legally exist. The strike off notice will give you three months until the company is removed from the register as a result of failure to file company accounts or non-payment of tax." Can also be linked to a winding up order.

To be honest this is fairly standard and would be expected from co house given how late accounts are. 

5 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

I think it would suggest that a takeover has started. The post links to a company which Morris owns and is being shut down.

I wouldn’t read anything into it apart from Companies House doing what its supposed to do when accounts and confirmation statements are outstanding. 

The notices will be published next week and the directors will have a three months to sort it all out.  

Stadia DCFC, and Derby County FC Academy also subject to proposals to strike off. 

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The club stated last week that season tickets would be on sale on the 18th August.

Obviously we all know that it must be linked to the accounts being published.

Yet we wake today and there is absolutely no communication from the club whatsoever in terms of the season tickets.

It's absolutely incredible the lack of communication with supporters and how much they take them for granted.

I also find it staggering that we haven't opened the ticket office yet.

Sheffield United tickets are on sale for 2 days. 

You’re probably right but I don’t understand why the sale of season tickets should be linked to the publishing of the accounts. The original reason was potential Covid restrictions and possibly uncertainty over which division we’d be in this season. 

Covid restrictions have now been finalised/removed and we’re not going to get a retrospective relegation so what else could be delaying things?

Could the extension be because the EFL haven't had time to review the submission we gave them? It's described as positive communication from the club as we're talking to them, but if the delay is entirely down to the EFL, an extension would naturally be granted I'd expect. 

Everyone is speculating about our reasons for asking for an extension, but it could be entirely innocent and nothing to do with the contents of the accounts. 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Honestly, I swear that most of the reason other fans seem to hate us so much is the sheer amount of gibberish that gets posted about what we've allegedly done, and people just believe it. I saw one guy on reddit confidently stating that we'd been found guilty of running 2 parallel sets of accounts, giving one to HMRC and the other one to the EFL.  People still think we were found guilty over the stadium sale.  The whole paying Rooney a coaches salary to avoid FFP thing. 

I had a bash at writing up something aimed at fans of other clubs to set the record a bit straighter - if anyone can be arsed we could paste it on fellow fan sites:  https://ramsreviewpodcast.wixsite.com/home/post/the-wrong-coloured-shorts

50 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

I wouldn’t read anything into it apart from Companies House doing what its supposed to do when accounts and confirmation statements are outstanding. 

The notices will be published next week and the directors will have a three months to sort it all out.  

Stadia DCFC, and Derby County FC Academy also subject to proposals to strike off. 

I agree. Sevco 5112 is wholly owned by Gellaw 203 anyway. It used to be the 'owner' of DCFC Ltd, but its share(s) were transferred to G203 some years ago IIRC.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

You’re probably right but I don’t understand why the sale of season tickets should be linked to the publishing of the accounts. The original reason was potential Covid restrictions and possibly uncertainty over which division we’d be in this season. 

Covid restrictions have now been finalised/removed and we’re not going to get a retrospective relegation so what else could be delaying things?

Not trading whilst insolvent? Maybe it's a sign that Mel has indicated he will fund the club (on a very basic level) for the rest of the season if necessary. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm the same mate. Couldn't agree more. What relevance can the accounts have on season tickets?

We could have put it down to coincidence before. 

But we can't now.

As for the covid excuse? Was a load of bull from the start. Every single club in the country was selling season tickets. 

The club just lied to us basically.

Has anyone checked in our mate in Bristol after this latest development and the announcement of our new signings?

Presumably his head has exploded and he's just slumped in his chair until his mum gets worried that he hasn't demanded another Capri Sun and decides to check in on him.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

33 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Has anyone checked in our mate in Bristol after this latest development and the announcement of our new signings?

Presumably his head has exploded and he's just slumped in his chair until his mum gets worried that he hasn't demanded another Capri Sun and decides to check in on him.

Leave him alone he has kept us in the top of the Bristol city charts for months which appears to be far more interesting than Bristol city 

Not that I expect anyone to know this for sure, but do the more educated among us think that season tickets being available means we're not going into administration? Whether this is via Mel committing and proving he will fund us until a takeover, or a takeover is actually very close? I read somewhere that the reason we couldn't offer season tickets had something to do with creditors refusing to back a season ticket scheme in case we went bankrupt, or something... (can you tell I'm not an accountant?)

Just now, cosmic said:

Not that I expect anyone to know this for sure, but do the more educated among us think that season tickets being available means we're not going into administration? Whether this is via Mel committing and proving he will fund us until a takeover, or a takeover is actually very close? I read somewhere that the reason we couldn't offer season tickets had something to do with creditors refusing to back a season ticket scheme in case we went bankrupt, or something... (can you tell I'm not an accountant?)

The more 'educated' among us know that administration is not on the table. 

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm the same mate. Couldn't agree more. What relevance can the accounts have on season tickets?

We could have put it down to coincidence before. 

But we can't now.

As for the covid excuse? Was a load of bull from the start. Every single club in the country was selling season tickets. 

The club just lied to us basically.

But they didn’t. Season tickets are on sale today, as promised, aren’t they?

1 minute ago, TheSlate said:

...sorry if that sounds bitchy. It's not intended to. There's just so much inane drivel being posted left, right and centre. 

I'll let you off. I guess I'm more interested in understanding why the situation with season tickets has changed when we've not actually (or at least officially) ended this missing accounts issue. 

‘Andy’ on Twitter posts so much stuff from Companies House 99.9% of which baffles me. I get a much more balanced view on here. Thanks guys. 

I tend to think now season tickets are available I can’t see us going into administration. I’m also thinking Mel has worked out a way to show the EFL that the club can be funded for the rest of the season